Nikita Tryamkin, D II : Overreaction Edition : Ruble, Rumor, Rabble, Rogers Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Wow. So the 'Y' is silent now? Easier to pronounce, I guess.
As per above, no. It is not silent. It is a palatalized 'A', and Brad Ziemer just isn't much of an expert in phonology.

You just have to shake your head a the media in this town...Pratt is warning that fans are guilty of pumping up this guy's tires so far, they're somehow setting him up for failure..the fans are doing this? Really?...so far it seems the pack mentality of all the talking heads and print gurus in the media are the ones who are all over the guy....I guess when the team sucks on most nights, there's not much else to write or talk about.
Yeah, kind of like how management thinks the fans are pushing them for a "quick fix". (Projecting much, Trevor?)

The idea that the media would accuse fans of raising expectations was actually really easy to predict, because (a) his arrival has been widely reported, (b) a lot of Canuck fans are on the Internet, and therefore comment on things, and (c) media (like HFBoards) often doesn't understand comparisons, so noting that his size is comparable to Chara's means, of course, that "the dumb fans think he's Chara haw haw!"

James Underbuss*

Mar 3, 2016
he's 21. if he needs another four years to become a passable nhl defenceman, he should do it with another team

That's a weird thing to say. If everything goes the canucks way (not bloody likely), we may start to contend in 4-5 years. Why would you say he should go play for another team. The guy hasn't even laced up yet, sheesh.

I think people are saying 4 years to fulfill his potential as an NHL defenseman. Obviously management thinks he can be a passable NHL dman now. And let's face it, with Weber and Bartkowski here, who couldn't slot in at 6/7?

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
That's a weird thing to say. If everything goes the canucks way (not bloody likely), we may start to contend in 4-5 years. Why would you say he should go play for another team. The guy hasn't even laced up yet, sheesh.

I think people are saying 4 years to fulfill his potential as an NHL defenseman. Obviously management thinks he can be a passable NHL dman now. And let's face it, with Weber and Bartkowski here, who couldn't slot in at 6/7?

Because if he's not a passable defenceman, how can we justify having literal dead weight on our roster for 4-5 years? I mean, we do it now with Bartkowski but an NHL team really shouldn't.

That's what the AHL is for. Garrison wasn't an NHL player for a long time, and was a late bloomer. Florida, despite not being a competitive team, didn't just gift him a roster spot from 21-24 in the hopes that he'd improve.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON

Cam Barker? The best d-man in the KHL?

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
There was an interview with him yesterday where he was asked his current height and weight and he answered 6'7" 241lbs for anyone who's interested.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Sorry for asking a dumb question. Did I see Tryamkin will make his North American debut this season?

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Yes, likely within the next 3 games. Unlikely for Saturday apparently.

:handclap: That is awesome! I'm excited for the Canucks for the first time since the opening of the season. :yo:

Thank you for the answer. I scanned the last few pages but that answer didn't pop out at me.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Hamhuis

"He's got a great skillset and he's a good skater. I told him to just yell at me, doesn't matter if it's english or not" - Hamhuis #Canucks

James Underbuss*

Mar 3, 2016
Because if he's not a passable defenceman, how can we justify having literal dead weight on our roster for 4-5 years? I mean, we do it now with Bartkowski but an NHL team really shouldn't.

That's what the AHL is for. Garrison wasn't an NHL player for a long time, and was a late bloomer. Florida, despite not being a competitive team, didn't just gift him a roster spot from 21-24 in the hopes that he'd improve.

Stud dmen are typically late bloomers. How long did it take Chara to become solid #1? How about Pronger or Lidstrom? How many 21 year old dmen are impact players? Dmen develop and peak later than forwards.

I think it's going to have alot more to do with support and development with Tryamkin. Transition to NA hockey combined with not speaking english are obstacles that can be overcome but to say "Hey, if you're not a passable nhl'er right now then go to another team" is typical of this fanbase and an example of why vancouver will never have a cup and possibly doesn't deserve one.

There's lots of room on this team to slowly develop a player that could turn out to be someone worth remembering. Yet, some people here are already prepared to write him off. Laughable but sadly none to surprising.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
nice snippet on Tryamkin today:

Nice.

Lol, watch him come in and play Norris style defence while we make a run to 17th place in the league, only to have him bolt back to the KHL next year.

:naughty:

Stud dmen are typically late bloomers. How long did it take Chara to become solid #1? How about Pronger or Lidstrom? How many 21 year old dmen are impact players? Dmen develop and peak later than forwards.

I think it's going to have alot more to do with support and development with Tryamkin. Transition to NA hockey combined with not speaking english are obstacles that can be overcome but to say "Hey, if you're not a passable nhl'er right now then go to another team" is typical of this fanbase and an example of why vancouver will never have a cup and possibly doesn't deserve one.

There's lots of room on this team to slowly develop a player that could turn out to be someone worth remembering. Yet, some people here are already prepared to write him off. Laughable but sadly none to surprising.

Absolutely nothing surprises me anymore with the pitchfork hockey geniuses on this site. They should change the name to hockeybitch.com

Last edited:

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Stud dmen are typically late bloomers. How long did it take Chara to become solid #1? How about Pronger or Lidstrom? How many 21 year old dmen are impact players?

When exactly did you start watching the NHL? Pronger & Lidstrom were good from their very first NHL season. Especially Lidstrom.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006

You honestly think the Canucks should keep a guy who can't play "passable" NHL defense on the roster for half a decade? Because that's what you're arguing against.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
We don't really know what we have until we watch him in a game. I'm very encouraged based on what I've seen and know of him. But until he's playing against NHLers, it's all speculation.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver

I might have missunderstood what he was saying, but I gather it as if it takes him 4 years to become just an ok dman, we shouldn't waste our time. You can pick up those for free.

Also with any player you want to see improvement over time. It's why many hate the Granlund trade. He has virtually platued since playing in NA.

James Underbuss*

Mar 3, 2016
We don't really know what we have until we watch him in a game. I'm very encouraged based on what I've seen and know of him. But until he's playing against NHLers, it's all speculation.

Hank or Dank the other day said he has been playing against men already. But yes, it is all spec.

When exactly did you start watching the NHL? Pronger & Lidstrom were good from their very first NHL season. Especially Lidstrom.

1989. And when did the 2 you mentioned actually become the dominant HOFers? Do you think that happened when they were 21? Or did they have a learning curve and scale of progression?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad