Nikita Tryamkin, D II : Overreaction Edition : Ruble, Rumor, Rabble, Rogers Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
His team just won in a shootout. Now five points up on the 9th place team with three games to play.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow...this is still positive news....that Pedan-Tryamkin combo in Utica would be something to behold....might make watching guys like Weber, Bartkowski and Sbisa more palatable in Vancouver, just waiting for the off-season.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
His team just won in a shootout. Now five points up on the 9th place team with three games to play.

theres-a-chance.jpeg

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
So excited to see him. Future Pedan-Tryamkin pairing looks deadly on paper.

Pedan and Tryamkin are both left side defenceman. Canucks are very weak on the right side after Tanev, I really hope they make an effort to bolster that up through free agency or the draft this off-season because there's a huge hole in the top 4.

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-X
Tryamkin-Beiga

Not including Sbisa but he should be in the AHL. If Canucks can sign Byfuglien then it looks solid on paper.

VasilyHoglander

Jun 28, 2014
West Vancouver
Pedan and Tryamkin are both left side defenceman. Canucks are very weak on the right side after Tanev, I really hope they make an effort to bolster that up through free agency or the draft this off-season because there's a huge hole in the top 4.

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-X
Tryamkin-Beiga

Not including Sbisa but he should be in the AHL. If Canucks can sign Byfuglien then it looks solid on paper.

Fabbro possibly? But i think it will be a bit of a reach where we are picking

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
Fabbro possibly? But i think it will be a bit of a reach where we are picking

Even if it isn't a reach to get Fabbro, what defenseman has ever gone from BCHL to NHL? If we are talking about next season you can't expect this summer's draft to help.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Sbisa
Tryamkin-Beiga

It doesn't matter if Sbisa should be in the AHL because he's not, he's with the Canucks.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Even if it isn't a reach to get Fabbro, what defenseman has ever gone from BCHL to NHL? If we are talking about next season you can't expect this summer's draft to help.

Fabbro is committed to Boston University anyways, which is the case for most BCHL draft-eligibles, as the BCHL is an NCAA feeder league. He's not seeing the NHL for a few years.

I think there are a handful of 2016 draft-eligibles whose skillsets are immediately translatable to the NHL...in the top 10...Matthews, Laine, maybe Dubois or Chychrun or Sergachev or McLeod...

Last edited:

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Do people simply assume he'd be paired with Pedan just because they're both Russian? That seems... superficial.

If it's just to have two really big guys on at the same time, doesn't it make more sense to split them up?
I assumed they speak the same language and it would make the transition easier.
Im under the impression english isnt so good for tryamkin.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Depending where our 2nd is we might be able to get Kale Clague with it. He has talent but I think he might slide as he's not producing as a player of his calibre should be.

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
I assumed they speak the same language and it would make the transition easier.
Im under the impression english isnt so good for tryamkin.
They could also be like twins that have their own language that nobody else understands. Except it wouldn't work if there were any opposition Russians on the ice.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver

Fabbro is going to need at least a year or 2 in college but I like him as a prospect, where we end up picking though might be too high to take him IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad