Waived: Nikita Scherbak

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Lmfao I remember my habs friends telling me he’s as good as kapanen.

I hope the leafs claim him just to show the habs how to develop and produce prospects.

showing the habs how to be bottom 10 year after year would be better advice for us in order to become a good hockey team.

THIS x 10000000000

love how leafs fans are gloating, making fun of the Habs, at least the Habs have been producing a competitive team for years meanwhile the Leafs were tanking to get to their "success" levels, which btw a "success" level as per Leafs standards; the team hasn't even been in the East Conf Finals yet and they gloat like this! lol, unbelievable

let's all be bottom feeders for the next decade and see how that bodes for everyone

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Lmfao I remember my habs friends telling me he’s as good as kapanen.

I hope the leafs claim him just to show the habs how to develop and produce prospects.

At one point he was ..... about 15 years ago :sarcasm: . He the same guy Montreal fans would not give up for the bust known as RNH .

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
as i wrote in waiver thread..imo he gets claimed. too much potential not to take chance on him. doesn't mean he'll put it together, but the package is there..

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Ah yes, when I reply to a trade offer to say my GM slams down the phone laughing, it's never because I'm overvaluing my player. Bergy slams down the phone laughing because your players are just so comically terrible when compared to the far superior players my team is currently waiving.

As I said in the other thread, we'll keep our overpaid NHLers and you keep, well you keep one overpaid AHL defenseman and hope nobody claims Scherbak.
You keep your 6 mil in cap for crap players no other team would touch and we'll keep our AHL player who's killing our cap situation.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

greengoblin

Jan 20, 2017
Poor kid. Hits waivers and will likely get claimed by the Oilers. He is probably like don't claim me. I would rather play in the AHL over that garbage team.

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
He won't be available come EDM time, but I'm sure he would be claimed by them. Chicago or Arizona imo.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
kings are gonna claim him

cause if there is anyone that can jump-start his offensive output, its the kings

welcome to hell scherbak

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
THIS x 10000000000

love how leafs fans are gloating, making fun of the Habs, at least the Habs have been producing a competitive team for years meanwhile the Leafs were tanking to get to their "success" levels, which btw a "success" level as per Leafs standards; the team hasn't even been in the East Conf Finals yet and they gloat like this! lol, unbelievable

let's all be bottom feeders for the next decade and see how that bodes for everyone

How good were the Kings from 2002-2009?

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Glad the Bruins passed up him and went off the board and took some skinny kid from the Czech Republic (Pasta). Hard for Sherbak to impress Claude, he tends not to like players that are one way, especially kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ana Crusis

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
This amazes me. He WILL get claimed.

I truthfully think Edmonton might be one of the teams that pick him up despite how many players they have on their roster. Vancouver is one I see claiming him too, but I think he for sure gets claimed.

Reactions: BobbyShehan

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
He's a god awful player. For those wondering about his production last year, it was pretty much inflated by PP production and 2nd assists. He has garbage acceleration (always flat footed) and no hockey IQ. I was hoping we could trick someone into trading for him, sadly no luck :(.

NtkQREI.png

68TCoB9.png

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
imo the Oilers would have picked him up if they didn't just claim Zykov. Personally I think Zykov would be better anyway.

It's also quite possible someone ahead of the Oil in the waiver wire priority gets him.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
How good were the Kings from 2002-2009?

you understood my post right?

i count 2 top 10 picks from 2002-09

Doughty
B Schenn

you really can't accuse LA of being a tanking team

Leafs however... since 2002, let's count how many top 10 picks they had:

L Schenn 5th overall
N Kadri 7th overall
M Rielly 5th overall
W Nylander 8th overall
M Marner 4th overall
A Matthews 1st overall

so yeah give me 6 top ten picks, my team will be better than yours actually

hopefully LA follows the very impressive Leafs model, so that i can gloat for a decade as well

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Hilarious to see all the people blaming Montreal for his development and for waiving him... Maybe it’s bad drafting, yeah, but the guy is soft as a pillow and continuously injured. He also can’t play defence to save his life.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The kid has a very odd stride. He skates around slowly, hunched over like he's 6'5 then he explodes out of nowhere, only to make a very silly decision with the puck.

It's like Lucic meets Afinogenov.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
First de la Rose and now Scherbak. They must be confident that they found their 1C in Kotkaniemi. I guess they can still do McCarron + Lindgren + 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad