Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Last year cannot be argued but he had his dry spells before and was rightfully criticized.
I remember the harshness in the first two rounds. Especially against CBJ. I was probably vocal about it too.
Now we know he played injured all playoffs long tho, and he still put the team on his back when Point couldn't. Kucherov might be one of the only guys with McDavid to be above 1 point per game and still be criticized. Crazy expectations.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Nikita Kucherov reminds me of Patrick Kane on steroids and with more physicality. Dude is just amazing to watch. One of the most underappreciated players in the league.

Not trying to shit on everything Kane's done but if Kucherov doesn't calm the f*** down soon we'd end up seeing history WAY bigger than Kane. Kucherov is humming at a 1.7 PPG pace. That is "Great One" playoff math as he and Mario are the lone proprietors of 40 point playoff runs and Kucherov would reach that total in a title defense of 24 games.

No I don't think he's gonna do it. I'm not saying he will either. But it's to put the sheer lunacy of his current numbers into perspective and what would happen if he somehow miraculously sustained these numbers for another 14 games.

Last edited:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
It's going to go down, PPG doesn't mean anything in such a small sample size. He just came off a 3 point game so it's inflated right now, Mackinnon was over 2.00PPG 2 games ago.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
giphy.gif

Reactions: Hoek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad