Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
So it looks like McDavid fans have finally surrendered this round, but we have a new enemy -

Ovechkin fans.

Aren't they arguing peak seasons? I don't really care to get into that one, if they think Ovechkin is having a better currently year they're delusional.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Aren't they arguing peak seasons? I don't really care to get into that one, if they think Ovechkin is having a better currently year they're delusional.
tumblr_o5uu8g3teg1ukq7ljo1_250.gif

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
It's times like these that it's important to remember how little Hockey's Future thought of Nikita Kucherov in their rankings and articles. Those were the days...

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I've yet to hear a media guy with a vote say they're voting anybody but Kucherov for the Hart. Bob McKenzie said it on the Bobcast. I think the other two were Feschuk and Ferraro, but I could be wrong about those.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I've yet to hear a media guy with a vote say they're voting anybody but Kucherov for the Hart. Bob McKenzie said it on the Bobcast. I think the other two were Feschuk and Ferraro, but I could be wrong about those.

As they should. It's almost ironic to point out that Kucherov plays an almost "good old Canadian boy" game and McDavid almost plays like a Russian given how much individual effort is part of his style. It's easy to watch McDavid and say "Wow he's the greatest" because he does some mesmerizing thing almost every time he's on the ice. And yet some nights Kucherov is like watching paint dry until he sneezes some secondary assist because he did a buttonhook back to the blue line and laced it to an open teammate who was probably the only other guy (besides Kucherov) that was paying attention to that undetected 3rd man in who scores the backdoor goal. Simple pass, goal. Kucherov cracks a rare smile and then goes back to the bench. The only argument anyone can have for someone making Kucherov better is Point and that's because he goes for a kill shot nearly every time Kucherov gives it to him. But the argument hits a dead end when you consider Point would never have hit 40 if Kucherov wasn't making those plays consistently.

Yeah he's on a stacked team... but's chicken and the egg. It's stacked BECAUSE he wills it in those brief, amazing moments where he takes total control of the game and bends it to his will with the same efficiency as Connor McDavid doing his best Pavel Bure impression. If people can let go of the fact Kucherov looks like he's gonna fall asleep any minute they'd realize he's feeling the game out.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The greatest thing in all of this is the fact that we'll get to hear Kucherov's interviews at NHL awards when he goes to get all his trophies.
He will probably give a short, sweet speech the first time and in the others say "Thank you for this great honor" all the other times he has to come up

They're gonna have to call it the "Tampa Bay Lightning Awards ceremony featuring Nikita Kucherov. Special guest: the rest of the NHL"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad