Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
Kucherov's is unexpected but Stamkos's numbers are more impressive right now. He's played nearly twice as much games. PPG careers are rare in this league.
Kuch this year is better then peak stamkos quite easily

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Disagree there, if Kucherov is winning the odd Art Ross and/or Hart.

Regardless how often, not to mention crazily, people try to discredit his year on the main boards, I think there's no way he's not a runaway leading candidate for the Hart Trophy right now. When you're talking about putting up more points than anybody since (not Crosby, not Thornton, not even Jagr, but) Mario Lemieux, it gets a little hard to ignore, no matter how little attention writers pay to Tbay.

Where would you rank Stamkos's 60 goal season? 2nd place had 50 goals, 3rd place had 41 goals that year.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Where would you rank Stamkos's 60 goal season? 2nd place had 50 goals, 3rd place had 41 goals that year.

Well, I mean, it was a great year, but, stats aside, was it even Stammer's best year? I feel like Stamkos right now is better than ever, even if he's more likely to end up with 40-45 goals and roughly the same amount of points, given his new ability to create plays, and much, much more defensive reliability.

And, as great as Stamkos is right now, Kucherov is at a different level, I think.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Kuch this year is better then peak stamkos quite easily

I think it's exactly the opposite. Stamkos has the longevity, numbers-wise, but Kucherov's peak is going to be on par with MSL and Vinny's peak, if not a little bit higher (in the regular season, anyway).

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Well, I mean, it was a great year, but, stats aside, was it even Stammer's best year? I feel like Stamkos right now is better than ever, even if he's more likely to end up with 40-45 goals and roughly the same amount of points, given his new ability to create plays, and much, much more defensive reliability.

And, as great as Stamkos is right now, Kucherov is at a different level, I think.

That's a complicated question for me. Stamkos is definitely more rounded now, but he's not a better goal scorer, and I place a premium on goals. He also did the vast majority of his damage that year 5v5 unlike now where he is working in this ridiculous PP.

Obviously I don't mean to take away from Kucherov, but I would say 60 goals 100 points is pretty damn close to 40 goals 125 points

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That's a complicated question for me. Stamkos is definitely more rounded now, but he's not a better goal scorer, and I place a premium on goals. He also did the vast majority of his damage that year 5v5 unlike now where he is working in this ridiculous PP.

Obviously I don't mean to take away from Kucherov, but I would say 60 goals 100 points is pretty damn close to 40 goals 125 points

I don't know that it is. Especially when the team misses the playoffs. I'll take the dominant player on a dominant team over the dominant player on a bad team.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Remember that interview that Kucherov did and he said he would smile when he was better than Crosby...... Well I think he can smile now .

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
Remember that interview that Kucherov did and he said he would smile when he was better than Crosby...... Well I think he can smile now .

I'm not sure he'd smile until he has 2 or more Cup rings like Crosby.

His 2nd goal tonight was legitimately otherworldly. The edge work to get himself into position and clear his hips for the pass from Sergachev was pristine. The shot was otherworldly to hit the far post like that from that angle...

Please take a moment every now and then to really appreciate what we're seeing with Kucherov. It really is that special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad