Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Resembles St. Patrick a lot but I'll be damned if we've gotten any better. BTW that feed to Stamkos that he didn't connect on was absolutely filthy. Not to be outdone by his feed to Point that no one expected. Kucherov is simply the best in the world right now.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Even if you subtracted all of Kuch's power play points he'd still tie Huberdeau and DeBrincat in scoring (#30) and be almost a point per game (65 in 67).

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Even if you subtracted all of Kuch's power play points he'd still tie Huberdeau and DeBrincat in scoring (#30) and be almost a point per game (65 in 67).
And if you take away all his goals he's still 12th in points.

Reactions: DFC

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Kucherov is now 10 points over a PPG pace for his career.

For context, despite a strong season, Stamkos is only 16 points over a ppg. I'd have to crunch the numbers, but I'm 90% sure Kucherov technically has a higher career PPG right now (probably by a tenth of a percent or something, but still).

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
DQSeD7T.png

Truly amazing...
1.02314 PPG for Kucherov
1.02188 PPG for Stamkos

Given Stamkos' higher number of games played as well as his "down" seasons due to injuries I'm not really sure whose number is more impressing.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
DQSeD7T.png

Truly amazing...
1.02314 PPG for Kucherov
1.02188 PPG for Stamkos

Given Stamkos' higher number of games played as well as his "down" seasons due to injuries I'm not really sure whose number is more impressing.
Given that Kuch was 62 points below ppg just under three seasons ago, I'd say that's more impressive.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
kucherov is probably just getting started thats the crazy thing..> I like he has stayed sooo humble about it all.... Truly great character im happy for us all I was right about this kid.... Really happy for him.... Amazing to think he is not done and practicing as hard as ever and helping our other players etc.. guy's drive is something to see

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
DQSeD7T.png

Truly amazing...
1.02314 PPG for Kucherov
1.02188 PPG for Stamkos

Kucherov's is unexpected but Stamkos's numbers are more impressive right now. He's played nearly twice as much games. PPG careers are rare in this league.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Kucherov's is unexpected but Stamkos's numbers are more impressive right now. He's played nearly twice as much games. PPG careers are rare in this league.
There are like... 8 skaters active with PPG careers or something?

Edit: Yeah, put a minimum 100 games in, there are 8 1.00 ppg skaters. Panarin is exactly 1.00. Stamkos, Kucherov, Kane, Ovi, Malkin, McDavid, and Crosby are the others.

Gaudreau, Backstrom, Thornton, Matthews, and Kovalchuk are all with .03, but at least Thornton and Kovy aren't going to get back up there. Backstrom's days as a PPG+ player seem to be past him as well.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
The only real knock on Kuch is that when he gets frustrated he tends to let it show. I think teams see that and go after him even more. He needs to learn to just let things go or at least keep it inside.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The only real knock on Kuch is that when he gets frustrated he tends to let it show. I think teams see that and go after him even more. He needs to learn to just let things go or at least keep it inside.

True. At the same time, he dives with the best of em.

Callahan is like a guru under which 3-4 of these guys have studied hard.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The Stammer vs. Kucherov debate is pretty interesting. As of now, it seems like Vinny and MSL are at the top of the franchise's mountain, with Stamkos on his way up to join them. But after this year, depending on hardware, Kucherov could put himself shoulder to shoulder with those two as well. Kucherov could be the best player in franchise history by the time he's 30. It's definitely not impossible.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
The Stammer vs. Kucherov debate is pretty interesting. As of now, it seems like Vinny and MSL are at the top of the franchise's mountain, with Stamkos on his way up to join them. But after this year, depending on hardware, Kucherov could put himself shoulder to shoulder with those two as well. Kucherov could be the best player in franchise history by the time he's 30. It's definitely not impossible.

Considering the year Stammer has had, I don't think Kucherov will make up that much ground that quickly. Stamkos and Kucherov should definitely spend the better part of a decade dualing for 1 and 2 though.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Considering the year Stammer has had, I don't think Kucherov will make up that much ground that quickly. Stamkos and Kucherov should definitely spend the better part of a decade dualing for 1 and 2 though.

I don't know. I think a lot of it depends on the playoffs. Kucherov could have a very big night at the Awards Show, the kind of night only Vinny and MSL have had, even if it doesn't include a Rocket.

Stammer's right there too, I don't want to be misunderstood. But this year Kucherov is having is next-level dominant.

Reactions: Rschmitz

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I think it depends on if Stammer is back to being a rocket candidate. If Stammer collects more rockets I think it will be difficult for Kucherov to over take him.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
I don't know. I think a lot of it depends on the playoffs. Kucherov could have a very big night at the Awards Show, the kind of night only Vinny and MSL have had, even if it doesn't include a Rocket.

Stammer's right there too, I don't want to be misunderstood. But this year Kucherov is having is next-level dominant.

Best individual season in bolts history if he keeps it up.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think it depends on if Stammer is back to being a rocket candidate. If Stammer collects more rockets I think it will be difficult for Kucherov to over take him.

Disagree there, if Kucherov is winning the odd Art Ross and/or Hart.

Regardless how often, not to mention crazily, people try to discredit his year on the main boards, I think there's no way he's not a runaway leading candidate for the Hart Trophy right now. When you're talking about putting up more points than anybody since (not Crosby, not Thornton, not even Jagr, but) Mario Lemieux, it gets a little hard to ignore, no matter how little attention writers pay to Tbay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad