Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Kucherov isn't better than McDavid, it's his team remember? That's why hes outscoring him by 18 points and his nearest teammate by 24. And yet if McDavid went to the Lightning in Kucherov's place and had 104 points now with everyone else's numbers remaining the same, it would be because he's the greatest EVAAARRR

When the careers are all said and done, and when fans look back on during nostalgia. They will put Kucherov up there with the likes of Crosby, Mcdavid etc etc. Until then, they will hate on him. That is fine, let them. Hes a cheat code right now, one that were not afraid to use. So lets sit back and enjoy it. :)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
When the careers are all said and done, and when fans look back on during nostalgia. They will put Kucherov up there with the likes of Crosby, Mcdavid etc etc. Until then, they will hate on him. That is fine, let them. Hes a cheat code right now, one that were not afraid to use. So lets sit back and enjoy it. :)

I think that'll depend on how hungry he stays. Kuch became an elite player two years ago, which was later than it happens for generational players. That said, it's not unheard of for some of the best ever to blossom a little bit later, and, under Jon Cooper, it was never gonna happen for Kucherov earlier (not a dig on Coop, just saying; As a 65 point player, Kuch was playing like 14 minutes per night with little to no PP time. Once that changed, he exploded into what we see now).

Having a historic season in terms of assists will go a long way to putting Kuch into an even higher tier though. I mean, people can pull the "great team" card all they want. There've been a lot of great teams who've scored a lot of goals, and Kucherov might put up a bigger assist total than Jagr's best year. I don't care how good your team is. It's not like Jagr was playing with schlubs in 95-96. Three players on that team scored 100 points, and Petr Nedved had 99.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
"104 people are talking about this"

Kuch is just tearing down the walls. There's a really good chance we're going to remember some of the marks he hits for a long, long time.

14 more assists...

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Would have*

It’s understandable I think. To my ear, many people sound like they are saying “would of” rather than “would have” (maybe it’s specifically the contraction that screws people up, “would’ve”). Marty is ESL so maybe he wrote it how it sounds to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad