Nikita Kucherov is the clear favorite for the Art Ross Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Let's do a simple and straightforward comparison between the two: how about we identify whose totals have been propped up the most by more easily attainable points, and who has consistently delivered crucial points that actually secured victories in closely contested games, where the outcome remained uncertain, embodying the very essence of an MVP.

MacKinnon - cheap easy points or meaningless points; 9
November 15 - assist late in third while up 7 to 2
November 22 - EN assist while up by 2
November 27 - EN assist while up by 2
December 17 - EN goal while up by 3
December 21 - EN goal
January 20 - EN goal while up by 2
February 13 - EN assist
February 20 - EN assist
March 30 - EN goal while up by 2

As for Mac's important late game winning or tying point total... It was FourTEEN with 9 game winners;
November 9 - Assisted on late game tying goal
November 30 - Scored game trying goal late in third
December 11 - Scored game winning goal late in third
December 21 - Assisted on late game winning goal
January 2 - Assisted on late game tying goal, then in OT...
January 2 - Scored the OT winner
January 4 - Scored the OT winner
January 13 - Scored game winning goal late in third completing the 0-3 comeback
February 18 - Assisted on late game winning goal
March 8 - Assisted on OT winner
March 13 - Assisted on OT winner
March 16 - Assisted on OT winner
March 24 - Scored game trying goal late in third, then in OT...
March 24 - Assisted on OT winner completing the 0-4 comeback

meanwhile...
Kucherov - cheap easy points or meaningless points; 16
October 10 - EN goal 2 seconds left
November 24 - assist late in the third while up 7 to 2
Dec 28 - EN assist with 7 seconds left while up by 2
January 23 - EN goal with 11 seconds left while up by 2
January 27 - EN assist
February 10 - EN assist
February 24 - EN assist
February 25 - EN goal while up by 2
February 27 - assist late in third while down 1 to 9
March 14 - EN goal while up by 2
March 16 - EN goal
March 27 - EN goal
March 29 - EN goal
March 30 - EN assist while up by 2
April 4 - EN assist while up by 2
April 9 - EN assist while up by 2

And here's the exhaustive list of Kucherov's important late game winning or tying points; FOUR. With points in just 2 game winners;
November 20 - Assisted on late game tying goal
December 9 - Assisted on OT winner
January 11 - Scored the OT winner
March 23 - Assisted on late game tying goal

While Mac's been piling up the game winners the last couple of months, Kuch has been piling up the empty netters. #86 anit touching the Hart.
Amazing

• Love
Reactions: TheStatican

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Naw I give kucherov the slight edge

He should sweep the awards

1. Kuch
2. Mack
3. Mcdavid
4. Matthews
5. Panarin
6. Pasta

Top 6 players this year

Him sweeping the awards would be ridiculous given the seasons the others are having at the top, all better players if you look even slightly past pure offense, and his offensive edge on MacKinnon and McDavid is due to his empty net points.

Reactions: TheStatican

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Him sweeping the awards would be ridiculous given the seasons the others are having at the top, all better players if you look even slightly past pure offense, and his offensive edge on MacKinnon and McDavid is due to his empty net points.
I dont care about ENP

get a point, help your team win.

No one complains about scoring a pt when your advantage with your goalie pulled. At 6 v 5 defending, if you score/set up a goal you have iced the game which is very valuable

For me whoever wins the ross should get all 3 awards. I said that before they all had 100 pts.

Matthews if he was a bit better with his play making at 125ish would have swept all 4 for my books but 110ish vs 140ish is too much of a gap to make up on the top 3 guys

3 legendary years + matthews who is also legendary but probably slighly below the top 3 for reg season.

I dont want too see Mack get a hart base off of a previous mistake.

Mack and Kuch have been neck and neck. Mack choking the ross down the stretch is his fault and should cost him the hart imo

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I dont care about ENP

No one complains about scoring a pt when your advantage with your goalie pulled. At 6 v 5 defending, if you score/set up a goal you have iced the game which is very valuable

For me whoever wins the ross should get all 3 awards.

Matthews if he was a bit better with his play making at 125ish would have swept all 4 for my books but 110ish vs 140ish is too much of a gap to make up on the top 3 guys

They help your team win but it certainly doesn’t make me think he should sweep the awards because he set the empty net point record

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
They help your team win but it certainly doesn’t make me think he should sweep the awards because he set the empty net point record
you take the game as it comes, you play the teams in front of you. A point is a point, one isn't worth more because it's an ES goal and it isn't worth less if an ENG.

Tampa would not be in the playoff if not for Kuch. He has singlehandley won games for them this year.

besides individual awards are good for the players, but fans really shouldn't care about who wins, it doesn't affect them. Its the team award at the end of the season that matters.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
you take the game as it comes, you play the teams in front of you. A point is a point, one isn't worth more because it's an ES goal and it isn't worth less if an ENG.

Tampa would not be in the playoff if not for Kuch. He has singlehandley won games for them this year.

He’s having an amazing season to be sure, just do not think he should win the Hart over a few others. He will get his well deserved Art Ross trophy though

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
NHL only has 3 major awards or 4 if you include the rocket

Ross and Rocket are not subjective awards so those winners are based after game 82.

That only leaves hart and lindsay.

Kucherov deserves 1 of those for sure. Its also not rare for a player to get the ross + hart (assuming media votes him) to not also get the lindsay.

Him "sweeping" the awards doesnt mean he is a lot better than his comp

He is negliably/marginally better than Mack and Mcdavid this year, however just based off his strong finish and being able to get a near 100 pt season for a shit and injured tampa team should result in him getting all 3 awards each by minimal amount over other 2 finalists

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
He’s having an amazing season to be sure, just do not think he should win the Hart over a few others. He will get his well deserved Art Ross trophy though
Yeah but at the same time we all know that these 3 players are equally important to their teams and only one can win.

TheStatican

Mar 14, 2012
I'm sorry to be blunt, buddy, but this is either a blatant lie or some extremely arbitrary criteria you used trying to elevate one player over another.
I'm going to assume that your response was created in haste rather than indicating any difficulty with reading comprehension as I specifically said, and I quote;
And here's the exhaustive list of Kucherov's important late game winning or tying points
I'm well aware that Kuch has accumulated a good number of points in game-winning or game-tying situations during earlier, albeit less pivotal, stages of games. Thank you very much for reiterating the obvious

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I'm going to assume that your response was created in haste rather than indicating any difficulty with reading comprehension as I specifically said, and I quote;

I'm well aware that Kuch has accumulated a good number of points in game-winning or game-tying situations during earlier, albeit less pivotal, stages of games. Thank you very much for reiterating the obvious
So now game winning and game tying points only count past a certain point in the game? Lmao. This gets better and better. Great argument.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Matthews scores 20 seconds into the game and peaces out until the playoffs.
Kucherov ties it 20 seconds later and blows a kiss as he walks down the runway until the playoffs.
If the Lightning lose, then the pick they will convey to the Hawks will be 19th (unless the Lightning make the conference finals) as long as the Knights get one more point in two games. So go Leafs. Hawks can also help their own cause by regulation losing to the Knights. Lightning have a standings tiebreaker if the finish the same as the Knights.

Reactions: 66-30-33

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I'm sorry to be blunt, buddy, but this is either a blatant lie or some extremely arbitrary criteria you used trying to elevate one player over another.

I only checked TBL April game (didn't bother to go further ahead as the point was obvious) and here's what actually happened:

April 2 vs DRW: assist on the game-tying goal in the 3rd (2-2, Tampa eventually lost).
April 4 vs TML: assist on go-ahead goals #1 and #2 (eventual GWG), also on the 4th goal to put it away in the 3rd.
April 5 vs MTL: assist on the 1st game-tying goal (Tampa eventually won).
April 6 vs PIT: assist on the 1st, 3rd and 4th Tampa comeback goals, including game-tying goal (Tampa eventually lost).
April 10 vs CBJ: assists on go-ahead goal #1 and game-tying goal to make it a 2-2 game (Tampa eventually won).
April 12 vs OTT: assists on game-tying goal to make it a 1-1 game and a go-ahead goal after that (Tampa eventually won).

Your idea coudn't be further from the truth, Kucherov has literally scored important points in close environment every game this month alone.
Nah, this is all wrong. Most of the points are useless my guy. You're missing important theory crafted contextual clues, simply forest for the tress.

Assisting on game tying goals is literally irrelevant if the team loses. It's obviously not clutch if you tie the game but then lose in OT; I mean what even is the point of tying the game, nothing pivoted because you lost anyways. Ergo, playing the game at all was a waste of kucherovs time.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Let's do a simple and straightforward comparison between the two: how about we identify whose totals have been propped up the most by more easily attainable points, and who has consistently delivered crucial points that actually secured victories in closely contested games, where the outcome remained uncertain, embodying the very essence of an MVP.

MacKinnon - cheap easy points or meaningless points; 9
November 15 - assist late in third while up 7 to 2
November 22 - EN assist while up by 2
November 27 - EN assist while up by 2
December 17 - EN goal while up by 3
December 21 - EN goal
January 20 - EN goal while up by 2
February 13 - EN assist
February 20 - EN assist
March 30 - EN goal while up by 2

As for Mac's important late game winning or tying point total... It was FourTEEN with 9 game winners;
November 9 - Assisted on late game tying goal
November 30 - Scored game trying goal late in third
December 11 - Scored game winning goal late in third
December 21 - Assisted on late game winning goal
January 2 - Assisted on late game tying goal, then in OT...
January 2 - Scored the OT winner
January 4 - Scored the OT winner
January 13 - Scored game winning goal late in third completing the 0-3 comeback
February 18 - Assisted on late game winning goal
March 8 - Assisted on OT winner
March 13 - Assisted on OT winner
March 16 - Assisted on OT winner
March 24 - Scored game trying goal late in third, then in OT...
March 24 - Assisted on OT winner completing the 0-4 comeback

meanwhile...
Kucherov - cheap easy points or meaningless points; 16
October 10 - EN goal 2 seconds left
November 24 - assist late in the third while up 7 to 2
Dec 28 - EN assist with 7 seconds left while up by 2
January 23 - EN goal with 11 seconds left while up by 2
January 27 - EN assist
February 10 - EN assist
February 24 - EN assist
February 25 - EN goal while up by 2
February 27 - assist late in third while down 1 to 9
March 14 - EN goal while up by 2
March 16 - EN goal
March 27 - EN goal
March 29 - EN goal
March 30 - EN assist while up by 2
April 4 - EN assist while up by 2
April 9 - EN assist while up by 2

And here's the exhaustive list of Kucherov's important late game winning or tying points; FOUR. With points in just 2 game winners;
November 20 - Assisted on late game tying goal
December 9 - Assisted on OT winner
January 11 - Scored the OT winner
March 23 - Assisted on late game tying goal

While Mac's been piling up the game winners the last couple of months, Kuch has been piling up the empty netters. #86 anit touching the Hart.

The first "important point" you give Mackinnon is a secondary assist with 8 minutes left November 9th that tied a game that Colorado lost in regulation :laugh: Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see your criteria is flawed.

Brayden Point leads the league in Game winning goals, one guess who's feeding him the pucks? I guess those don't count

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I dont care about ENP

For me whoever wins the ross should get all 3 awards. I said that before they all had 100 pts.

3 legendary years + matthews who is also legendary but probably slighly below the top 3 for reg season.

I dont want too see Mack get a hart base off of a previous mistake.

Mack and Kuch have been neck and neck. Mack choking the ross down the stretch is his fault and should cost him the hart imo
Thank you. I appreciate the objectivity. Seriously. Major major props for your posts.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Can't believe some non-Lighting fans actually want to see this douchebag win the Ross or Hart. Knew he was a classless bum ever since those post game interview antics years ago.
By all means, please enlighten us with the specific evidence supporting the notion that Kucherov possesses the ability, fitness, or requisite quality to score 140 points. Has he ever achieved 140 points in any of his previous 9 years or come close to it? Nope. Has he reached even 130 points? Nope. Was he on track for such a feat in one of his injury-shortened seasons? No. All this evidence of him being capable of scoring 140 points or more in a full season is oh so compelling indeed.
Lol. As if your disdain isn't motivating these bullshit calculations.
BOO-YAH!!!! And just like that Big Mac is back on top(via goal tie breaker). Was so due for a game like this 😍

That's an important thing to keep in mind as we enter the final stretch run here - If we have a tie at the top the Ross goes to the player with more goals.

Paces;
Mac - 137(in 82) 51g
Kuch - 137(in 81) 50g
McD - 136(in 80)
Earlier in the thread. :laugh:

I mean, at least be honest. I don't mind if MacKinnon wins it. It literally can go either way. You just look dishonest going to this length. These are your words, own em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad