Nikita Kucherov is the clear favorite for the Art Ross Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronxxx

Dec 2, 2018
According to NHL.com no one has more 1st stars of the week to today. Same is true for 2nd star of the week. This is an excellent barometer for the Hart.

Reactions: Outl4w

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
People hating kuch what's new. Watch them hate kuch so much they give the mvp to mak. Look at the gap in players on the same team and ask who is the most valuable player on their team. Maybe it should go to who is due or most likeable? What say everyone about that take?

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
There are people here who think that if Mack wins the hart it’s because the voters are all HF-style internet haters. And I think that’s funny

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Seriously, anyone who thinks the Art Ross winner will not also get the Hart trophy is delusional.

There’s zero argument to give one trophy to player A and the other to player B. This year the winner takes it all
MacKinnon intangibly lead his team to third in the division so that's gotta get some consideration and lost some faceoffs because the fact that he takes faceoffs automatically makes him better, plus he's a nice boy that's waited patiently and is from the same hometown as Crosby.

• Haha
Reactions: Stammertime91

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
There are people here who think that if Mack wins the hart it’s because the voters are all HF-style internet haters. And I think that’s funny
No. As a lightning fan I believe MacKinnon has a legitimate shot. It can go either way.

The problem myself and a lot of lightning fans have is that (I'm sure Edmonton fans can relate), is that when X player is leading, statistics come flying out of the ass to discredit that player. Equal measures aren't used.

This thread has people claiming there's an East coast bias, empty net points shouldn't count, PP points help him, too many secondary assists, and now because he isn't scoring with X amount of time on the clock when the score is a certain stat line.

Additionally, a poster the other day said on the very same day MacKinnon went pointless, that Kucherov going pointless helps MacKinnon. Lol.

MacKinnon has a legit shot, but it's not for these cherry picked, 3 IQ arguments people are making fudging stats and logic.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
No. As a lightning fan I believe MacKinnon has a legitimate shot. It can go either way.

The problem myself and a lot of lightning fans have is that (I'm sure Edmonton fans can relate), is that when X player is leading, statistics come flying out of the ass to discredit that player. Equal measures aren't used.

This thread has people claiming there's an East coast bias, empty net points shouldn't count, PP points help him, too many secondary assists, and now because he isn't scoring with X amount of time on the clock when the score is a certain stat line.

Additionally, a poster the other day said on the very same day MacKinnon went pointless, that Kucherov going pointless helps MacKinnon. Lol.

MacKinnon has a legit shot, but it's not for these cherry picked, 3 IQ arguments people are making fudging stats and logic.
my post certainly doesn’t refer to you; I thoroughly agree with everything you wrote

… assuming we’re talking about arguments made by both fanbases. Everyone’s been in the weeds

Reactions: Stammertime91

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Lol and he's back with more crayons and charts in his post. Still trying to lead people to believe Kucherov doesn't score against tough opponents. Delusional.
He isn't lucky enough to play the mighty and feared sharks,ducks, and coyotes multiple times a year. Must be tough to not put up a lot of points against cupcakes like that

Buffalo and Mtl Look like cup contenders compared to those dominant franchises.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
MacGinnon. Always runner up. Never a winner.

He's the Claude Giroux of his generation. Nothing wrong with being a fine player. But can't keep up with the big boys.
Hes the 2nd or 3rd best player since 17/18

Kucherov is marginally better this year while Mackinnon was significantly better last year

Giroux wasnt anywhere near as consistent as Mackinnon or as impactful at his peak outside of maybe 2012

Mackinnon has 4 years better than Giroux 2012 (2018, 2020, 2023, and 2024)

Last edited:
Reactions: WalterLundy

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Hes the 2nd or 3rd best player since 17/18

Kucherov is marginally better this year while Mackinnon was significantly better last year

Giroux wasnt anywhere near as consistent as Mackinnon or as impactful at his peak outside of maybe 2012

Mackinnon has 4 years better than Girpux 2012 (2018, 2020, 2023, and 2024)

MacKinnon is better this year.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
He isn't lucky enough to play the mighty and feared sharks,ducks, and coyotes multiple times a year. Must be tough to not put up a lot of points against cupcakes like that

Buffalo and Mtl Look like cup contenders compared to those dominant franchises.

If you actually look at goals allowed by team, It's actually got a ton of parity in East vs West teams. It goes Sharks, Jackets, Ducks, Devils, Hawks, Habs, Sens and then Coyotes. When it comes to teams giving up points, it's not automatically the bad teams doing it (Hi New Jersey!)

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Literally tough to watch. Literally an nhl team vs an echl. Embarrasing that the NHL actually allows a team like this to be iced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad