Rumor: Nikita Kucherov considering return to KHL

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
. That said, it is interesting to see how little he wanted from the KHL. Tells me he really does want to return to Russia.

You have to consider, that he would cost not 1.5 million dollars, but 100 million roubles. 100 million roubles are big money, much "more" than 1.5 million, because nowadays the rouble has a very low value on the international market...
As other posters said, Traktor isn't a very rich team. They do have a fantastic academy, though, as they produced and produce many of the top Russian players, and this is why they are often competitive even with one of the smaller budgets.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Sorry buts that ridiculous. Our number 1 D for a Russian forward who is good but that Russian factor is always "buyer beware". There's not a chance in hell Benning even considers this for more than a nanosecond before hanging up the phone on Stevie Y

Wait what? I would trade Tanev for Kucherov in a heartbeat and consider it the steal of the year at the very least.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Sorry buts that ridiculous. Our number 1 D for a Russian forward who is good but that Russian factor is always "buyer beware". There's not a chance in hell Benning even considers this for more than a nanosecond before hanging up the phone on Stevie Y

Considering Yzerman would never in a million years make that call in the first place you don't have to worry about it.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Vancouver makes out like bandits in that deal.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

Benning would be all over that. He's already gotten his defensive Dman replacement for that softy Tanev when he got Gudbranson.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
So Kucherov either signs in Tampa Bay for around 7-7.5million U.S. dollars a season or.
Kucherov signs with one of the KHL teams in Russia for 448,066,430R to 480,071,175R Russian Roubles a season.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Kucherov to Washington would be amazing.

How about...

TO WAS:
- Kucherov

TO TAM:
- Oshie
- Burakovsky

Line 1... Backstrom+Ovechkin
Line 2... Kuznetsov+Kucherov
PP1... Backstrom+Ovechkin+Kuznetsov+Kucherov+Carlson

Yeah, good luck stopping that.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

How about...

TO WAS:
- Kucherov

TO TAM:
- Oshie
- Burakovsky

Line 1... Backstrom+Ovechkin
Line 2... Kuznetsov+Kucherov
PP1... Backstrom+Ovechkin+Kuznetsov+Kucherov+Carlson

Yeah, good luck stopping that.

Good luck getting a future Conn Smythe winner (who's only 23) for Oshie and Burakovsky.
Wonder if Edmonton will trade us McDavid for Eriksson and Virtanen.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016

How about...

TO WAS:
- Kucherov

TO TAM:
- Oshie
- Burakovsky

There's a typo in your post - I believe you misspelled "Ovechkin" as "Oshie".

Actually I'd rather have Kucherov at whatever he ends up costing than Ovechkin at about $3M/yr more, especially since they score at the same rate in the playoffs anyway. Add in the fact that Kuch is seven years younger and it's an easy pass.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Good luck getting a future Conn Smythe winner (who's only 23) for Oshie and Burakovsky.
Wonder if Edmonton will trade us McDavid for Eriksson and Virtanen.

Well, the offer was assuming they couldn't / wouldn't sign Kucherov to the monster deal he is seeking. In that case, Oshie and Burakovsky is a lot better than nothing. I think you're overselling Kucherov by a tad and underselling the Caps kids.

I love Kucherov, but he's not McDavid... and the Bolts would have to win a Cup for him to get MVP :)

They need to sign him if they even want to consider a Cup. But, yes, he could be a Conn Smythe winner if Tampa were to win a Cup... he's spectacular in the playoffs.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC

Tanev might be Vancouver's #1 but that's it. He has no offensive upside and he's 27 soon, what you see is what you get, it's highly unlikely there's more hidden potential in him. He's a #3 or #4 on any team trying to contend for a cup. He's worth a first rounder and not much more, forget about an elite 23 years old first line winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad