Rumor: Nikita Kucherov considering return to KHL

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
I like what that commenter said:

bezik

... the money itself is not enough for a contract with Kucherov. 6 x 6 years is not enough for the best player of the team the last 2 years.

Was wondering if 100% of everything would go easy for Yzerman, maybe not. They keep Stamkos and Drouin, but now they may lose Kucherov.

I'd say Kuch is almost Tarasenko money, at least 7x7 and it's a done deal I bet. Kuch is a NHL playoff MVP without a doubt.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Sport Express main sports Russian newspaper

Well, what's it saying exactly? That he has an offer? That he's seriously considering an offer? That he has accepted an offer and will sign soon? That he has already signed and it will be made official shortly? The details are kind of important with rumors.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Well, what's it saying exactly? That he has an offer? That he's seriously considering an offer? That he has accepted an offer and will sign soon? That he has already signed and it will be made official shortly? The details are kind of important with rumors.

CSKA made an offer Kucherov.
Kucherov exploring the proposal.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
I guess this falls into the same boat as Galchenyuk going to the KHL. They want a better offer.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
out of the question. i think thy guy is more american than russian now. he'll be playing for peanuts if it means playing in the nhl. and i remember him flaunting some flag (american or canadian) on his twitter account. he's probable doing it even now. don't care to check.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
I like what that commenter said:

Was wondering if 100% of everything would go easy for Yzerman, maybe not. They keep Stamkos and Drouin, but now they may lose Kucherov.

I'd say Kuch is almost Tarasenko money, at least 7x7 and it's a done deal I bet. Kuch is a NHL playoff MVP without a doubt.

Wouldn't that be classic?
Stammer and Hedman taking less than market value to stay with the team and keeping it competitive, yet Kucherov is the so called "Best player on the team" lol

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If it's close to what the Lightning are offering him he'll obviously sign with the Bolts. Would need to be something outrageous

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I mean, he doesn't have a contract so he's free to take an offer from the KHL if Tampa Bay can't afford what he wants.

I'd be pretty surprised to see him actually follow through with it. It's normally just a negotiating tactic.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Hedman is the best player on that team IMO.

My sympathies to Lightning fans if this turns out to be a reality though. Kucherov is a treat to watch, would hate to see him leave.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Isn't SKA already a powerhouse?

Nevermind. That's St. Petersburg.

Why would he sign in Moskow to carry these bums?

Oct 22, 2012
I guess this falls into the same boat as Galchenyuk going to the KHL. They want a better offer.

I suspect similar to this one, that Galchenyuk to the KHL rumour was fluff. The kid has lived in Italy, Switzerland, Germany, and Russia. It's just that last one, plus his last name falls into the classic narrative. He played minor in Chicago before being drafted to the OHL and appears to spend most of his time in North America.

I'm also not sure how the KHL does it with rights, but Atlant drafted him, and I'm assuming if he was going anywhere it would be Dinamo Minsk.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
KHL rumors are part of the standard arsenal of an agent to a Russian player. It's almost always just negotiation tactic.

Yzerman isn't the blinking type so he's not going to be bothered by it.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
TB's cap structure is going to be difficult to work with. Signing Killorn, keeping Callahan and Bishop is making for some interesting times.

member 157595

Tampa will overpay before they let him go to Russia.

I don't even think they'll need to overpay because you're a fool if you want to leave the Lightning right now unless you get significantly lowballed.

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
Hope this is not true... Money over career? C'mon!

Will be glad to see Kucherov as a Cap since he is free agent...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad