Nicolas Meloche (2015, 40th overall)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
One of my favorite defensive prospects in the draft. He will develop very nicely over the next couple years.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Very nice pick.

Atleast we got one of Roy/Kylington/Meloche.

He could be really good in a couple of years for us. :handclap:

Welcome to the Avs.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Projected 1st rounder? Does he have more upside than Bigras?

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Zadorov, Bigras, Siemens, Geertsen, Meloche, Wood, Butcher...

Our d's future is looking like it's pretty much set right now. I feel like we've got one of the best d prospect pools. And our forward prospect pool is looking decent with Grigorenko, Compher, Rantanen and Greer as well.

I love Meloche. Looks like a good all-around player that only needs to keep improving in all areas a little bit to be effective at the next level.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
You guys got one of the biggest steals in the draft IMO. See him having upside even as high as future #1D. Low end for me would be a #4 assuming he makes it in the big league, which I have no doubt he will.

Awesome pick for Colorado. Congratulations.

Comparison on the main boards to NHL player Derek Morris.

I think in a few seasons he'll even surpass that level, was very high on this kid and wanted Habs to deal for a pick that could've landed him. Wouldn't have even flinched had we used our 1st on the guy and considering the talent that was still available that's saying a lot. I think Colorado landed a true gem here.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
You guys got one of the biggest steals in the draft IMO. See him having upside even as high as future #1D. Low end for me would be a #4 assuming he makes it in the big league, which I have no doubt he will.

Awesome pick for Colorado. Congratulations.

I think in a few seasons he'll even surpass that level, was very high on this kid and wanted Habs to deal for a pick that could've landed him. Wouldn't have even flinched had we used our 1st on the guy and considering the talent that was still available that's saying a lot. I think Colorado landed a true gem here.

Sounds amazing. Thanks for the insight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad