Confirmed with Link: Nicolas Deslauriers contract with Flyers, 4 x 1.75AAV

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Again, you literally could hire someone who’s purposely trying to destroy the franchise as GM and it would look exactly like Fletcher. It’s absolutely surreal in the worst way possible.

You guys thought it took years to get out of Homer’s mess and Hextall had a tough job to inherit? We ain’t seen nothing yet.

Last edited:

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I’m absolutely obsessed with this deal. I’d love to know who we were negotiating against, why we needed to do it on day one and who was batting for him in the scouting department. The total lack of logic fascinates me.
cats-cat-fight.gif

Chuckles saw his reflection and had to outbid the guy trying to get him.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Again, you literally could hire someone who’s purposely trying to destroy the franchise as GM and it would look exactly like Fletcher. It’s absolutely surreal in the worst way possible.

You guys thought it took years to get out of Homer’s mess and Hextall had a tough job to inherit? We ain’t seen nothing yet.

I’m not saying he’s intentionally destroying the entire organisation, but he’s doing exactly what that person would do.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Wait, is this the plug that Seeler fought ????
Torts told Marek that the Seeler-Deslauriers fight was brought up during his interview process and given "high marks".

These are quotes from Torts....

"I think there's some problems within the locker room that we have to fix"

"...one of my big responsibilities I think, is to get some personality back with the team, and have it a tough place to play, a tough team to play against"

"Are we gonna solve all our problems with scoring goals and all this.... w-w-we're gonna try"

(Regarding Seeler getting respect from the Flyers organization for fighting Deslauriers)
"Even in the process of interviewing, that story's been brought up, and uh gets high marks"

"That Nick Seeler story was brought up to me a couple of times when I've been in Philly"

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Just when you think things can't get worse, they drop another bomb on you.

Is it too much to ask for ONE savy move that makes me have some faith they know how to build a proper team? Maybe Johnny wants to come here for some reason, but they will forever have a capped ceiling if this is how they are going to work the margins. They would need several savvy moves to be a contender. Not a chicken's dick chance.

And how tf does everyone know what the team is going to do weeks in advance? No wonder this guy is such a shitty negotiator. He negotiates against himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad