Confirmed with Link: Nicolas Deslauriers contract with Flyers, 4 x 1.75AAV

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If this is real, it's about as stupid as it gets.
Deslauriers was a decent 4LW 3-4 years ago, but he'll be 31 and has been going downhill for years.
I mean you could probably get the same production (or lack of such) from Ratcliffe.

One year at one million might make sense as depth, 4 years at $1.9M is insane.

Are we sure Holmgren isn't running things? This is a Shelley special!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If this is real, it's about as stupid as it gets.
Deslauriers was a decent 4LW 3-4 years ago, but he'll be 31 and has been going downhill for years.
I mean you could probably get the same production (or lack of such) from Ratcliffe.

One year at one million might make sense as depth, 4 years at $1.9M is insane.

Are we sure Holmgren isn't running things? This is a Shelley special!

Yes, we are sure Holmgren isn't running things. This is yet another Minnesota connection. Homer doesn't have Minnesota connections. Can you guess who does, and who aggressively pursues them nonstop at all levels?

If Homer were in charge JVR and that first would be gone and JG would be here.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I’m an optimist. Deskauirisisieers is a spry 31 years of age, and he’ll only be 35 when this contract ends. He might be arguably the worst player in the NHL at age 31, but there’s meat on the developmental bone.

He'll be at prime aged to take over Chris Stewarts Player Development role so that Chris Stewart can become AGM.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yes, we are sure Holmgren isn't running things. This is yet another Minnesota connection. Homer doesn't have Minnesota connections. Can you guess who does, and who aggressively pursues them nonstop?

If Homer were in charge JVR and that first would be gone and JG would be here.
What Minnesota connection?
He was there for 20 games as a TDL acquisition this season.
And he's from Quebec.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I said this recently and I am more sure than ever, a true enemy of the Flyers couldn't have picked a better person to completely destroy the organization from the inside.

I don't even know how this signing is possible in 2022.

Nic Deslauriers for four years at 2/3s of Oskar's bought out value is one of the worst things I have ever seen in the NHL.

F*** this asshole for making me think so poorly of this once proud franchise.

Firing Fletcher today would take years to fix the mess he has built. How do you defend this guy @Ghosts Beer?

I told everyone I'd give him one more summer.

Right now, he's losing my faith. I kind of like having Deslauriers, but they need a bigger move than they've made (though I am in favor of DeAngelo).

I'm hoping they've got some more irons in the fire. But the patience I've given Chuck, yes, starting to wane unless something changes.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
The signing that finally broke deady
giphy.gif

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
For years I have been reading smug posts about denial re: Voráček or Giroux's career going down as he ages. But ironically, pinning all this shit around on Holmgren is peak denial. Textbook.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad