Waived: Nicolas Aube Kubel - Update: Claimed by Capitals

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021

I don't know what you're arguing about when it says 4 out of 5 I was assuming others were intelligent enough to understand that foligno was the bust

Considering nozak a bust when his career best points total was 17 points which he matched and then started every playoff game is looking at stuff through dubas heart glasses.

Compare that to our million dollar signing who lasted 6 games on the team

Last edited:

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
I think they simply overrated his value as a 4th liner on the cup winners. Simple as that. Saw him up close and changed their mind. It happens. Plus he might not be claimed either.
Washington bound. Ah well. I'd rather Simmonds & Clifford (when healthy) rotate in and out with one another

pucksakes666

Mar 8, 2018
This will be like when the leafs gave up on Steve Sullivan this will sting them down the road.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I don't know what you're arguing about when it says 4 out of 5 I was assuming others were intelligent enough to understand that foligno was the bust

Considering nozak a bust when his career best points total was 17 points which he matched and then started every playoff game is looking at stuff through dubas heart glasses.

Compare that to our million dollar signing who lasted 6 games on the team

3 of them were just bodies.
17 points in 75 games, so Simmonds 16 points in 72 games is good? Especially at half the cost.

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
3 of them were just bodies.
17 points in 75 games, so Simmonds 16 points in 72 games is good? Especially at half the cost.

Did you see me say Simmonds was a bad signing he was brought here and did exactly what he was brought here to do. My direct quote was the 19-20 season had arguably the best success rate because at least they stuck around.

Most of our signings are also just Bodies. The big difference is our bodies get waived after 6 games and we have to spend assets to get rid of our middle tier signings.

No one is expecting them to light the world on fire. The expectation is that they play games in the NHL.

Unfortunately much like the playoffs Dubas can't even meet that below minimum standard

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Curious if Washington fans and media are viewing this as a large blunder by the Caps GM. The only coverage I've seen is from a Leafs pov

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Curious if Washington fans and media are viewing this as a large blunder by the Caps GM. The only coverage I've seen is from a Leafs pov

I’ve been interested to get Washington fans take on Samsonov and Vanecek being solid goalies for their new teams. But unfortunately they don’t seem to have a ton of presence on these boards.

Wouldn’t be surprised if NAK found more of a role on Washington. But whatever he wasn’t doing much and when you’re par with contract flexibility he’s no real loss.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
This isn't about the team. This is about NAK.

The majority of people understand that he was a depth level player. He's a grinder that hits a lot but sucked in every other aspect. Leafs expected a slightly better player. You're making it like he was slated to be a top end player or whatever. Get a grip. Teams waive these players all the time.
Yeah it was me who set expectations Dubas apologist
3rd and 4th lines have had no identify for years but I know here that just makes me a miserable person

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
That's a beginning of righting a very poor off season of signing bodies rather than looking for actual hockey players. Now TO needs to remove Jarnkrok, Reese, Malgin and Mete, moving Murray wouldn't be a bad idea, adding a chronically injured goalie isn't a masterstrock unless he costs no assets and little Cap space.

Kampf is tolerable on the 4th line but he really doesn't add much, he's a decent PKer but little else.

TO has too many marginal players, I get that the Cap has hampered the Leafs from adding quality reinforcements, that's where a quality GM shows his value.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Wasn't this guy touted as a fast, heavy player that was physically imposing and a great addition to the bottom 6? Holy shit the Cup hangover was real and it was nasty

bbgobie

Sep 19, 2009
Probably not. We may need to sign a goalie at some point as we only have 2 available signed to NHL contracts and we will need a contract spot for Knies late in the season.
Bummer man, you had to jinx it

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
That's a beginning of righting a very poor off season of signing bodies rather than looking for actual hockey players. Now TO needs to remove Jarnkrok, Reese, Malgin and Mete, moving Murray wouldn't be a bad idea, adding a chronically injured goalie isn't a masterstrock unless he costs no assets and little Cap space.

Kampf is tolerable on the 4th line but he really doesn't add much, he's a decent PKer but little else.

TO has too many marginal players, I get that the Cap has hampered the Leafs from adding quality reinforcements, that's where a quality GM shows his value.
Malgin has been good.

I doubt many, if there are any other NHL teams, with better veteran experienced NHL D’s as their number 9 on the depths charts as Mete. I’d like to see your list of better #9 D, who would be happy in his role.

ZAR had a questionable start, but has been decent the last few games. Judgment is premature, we need to see if THIS level of play can continue.

Gaudette has been a good depth signing, though I’d guess you haven’t seen him play. 8 goals and 2 assists in 10 games with the Marlies, playing with a lot of heart and grit. Based on his play, he’ll be decent depth injury replacement if called upon.

Murray can’t be moved and it might be necessary anyway. Another premature discussion point.

I haven’t been happy with Jarnkrok, we certainly need better from him.

Imagine not signing veteran depth, and relying on prospects? These Karen’s would be complaining about that too. You sign a bunch of replacement level players, with buriable contracts.. some work, some don’t. Every team does it. They go on waivers, some get claimed, some don’t..

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Washington really got Toronto out of a pickle with that NAK claim. Imagine the same injury scenario with no extra contract slot.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
So you’d have preferred NAK not get claimed so they’d have to dump a contract another way on a Saturday night with a Sunday afternoon game?
Cool. Time to break out the strawman I see?

I said it's not hard to dump a contract. That's a fact.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Cool. Time to break out the strawman I see?

I said it's not hard to dump a contract. That's a fact.

In a 22 hour time span in the middle of a back to back on a weekend? We weren’t lucky to have cleared the contract beforehand?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad