Nico v. Nolan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
I am 100% on board with either player. I think I prefer Hischier at this point but both players are a cut above the rest IMO. Not generational 1st overalls but both should be 1C's.

Just what the doctor ordered.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Up to this point my slight preference has been for Hischier. This is due in large part to Hischier's more dynamic skating ability (really wish Patrick had better speed) and Patrick's rather major injury history.

That said, Hischier's meteoric late rise to #1 consideration makes me a little nervous vs. Patrick's well-established elite pedigree, plus Patrick should be a 30 goal scorer with his size and shot. So I'd be quite happy with either and could even end up changing my preference as the draft nears.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
The guy that the devils don't pick.

There isn't any rational reason to pick anyone other than Nico/Nolan at #2 right?

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
reminds me of the Taylor vs. Tyler debate. that was probably the last time the 1st OV selection was this close.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I am 100% on board with either player. I think I prefer Hischier at this point but both players are a cut above the rest IMO. Not generational 1st overalls but both should be 1C's.

Just what the doctor ordered.

I agree and who knows, maybe one of them does develop into a true elite #1 center.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I am 300 billion percent on the Nico bandwagon and have been all along. Later, I'll try and find the quotes I read about Patrick's injuries - they scare the living, breathing bejeesus out of me. I am sure we will all go over this with the finest-toothed combs for the next two months, though :laugh:

(woo!)

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
And so it begins! Whoever is picked from the Devils, we all know this will only make rivalry games that much more fun! Exciting times ahead for both of ours teams!

In an already stacked division. Now two more star players will be added to it. Crazy.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
In the end I just really can't see the Devils passing on Nolan Patrick. Patrick is the safer option and he appears to have a higher floor than Nico. The Devils haven't had a legit big #1 center in a long time/maybe ever and Patrick is the best chance they have of getting one. I'll happily take Nico though.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
In the end I just really can't see the Devils passing on Nolan Patrick. Patrick is the safer option and he appears to have a higher floor than Nico. The Devils haven't had a legit big #1 center in a long time/maybe ever and Patrick is the best chance they have of getting one. I'll happily take Nico though.

NHL GMs are enamored with big first-line centers. And Patrick has been considered a sure-fire big #1 center for years. If Shero drafted Hischier and Patrick ended up better, Shero would have a lot of egg on his face. I just don't see him taking that risk. Patrick has the name appeal and Shero is probably drooling at the thought of the size combo of Patrick and Zacha. He'd likely rather the Devils have Patrick's size than play against it for a decade vs. the Flyers.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
not gonna lie. I only know about these guys from what I have read online. Have seen little junior hockey this year. But having said that and from what I read it doesnt matter. Both players will be a difference maker for this organization.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
It's more or less a toss up between the two.
In a vacuum I go with Hischier who is more dynamic with better wheels but the combination of size and skill is intriguing with Patrick.

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
I went to see what Benoit-Olivier Groulx was all about in a couple Charlottetown and Halifax games in the Q preseason only to come away impressed with Hischier instead. Count me on his bandwagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad