Nickson/Fox/Evans

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
Most NHL players and people involved with pro hockey are very approachable and nice. Derek Armstrong is a great guy too. I saw him at T-Mobile at the final frozen fury. I said hi to him and he was talking to me like I was his friend. It was almost kind of weird so I informed him that we don't know each other and he said "i know but you seem like a good guy". LOL! I really did get the impression that he thought he knew me and was just going along with the conversation long enough until he could remind himself who I was.
Jim was the same, I saw him walking through the concourse in Australia and I stopped him and let him know I love his commantary. He stopped, looked me in the eye and asked my name, shook my hand and said thank you and he's glad it brings enjoyment. Very classy.

He's a small dude, amazing he was successful in the NHL.

Reactions: SirJW and 21Dog
I think the year was 2003 and the night before frozen fury in Vegas I ran into Jim at the circle bar at the MGM. I was with a few friends and we were talking to him in this packed bar area with a band playing. This woman tried to interrupt our conversation a few times and after the second or third attempt Jim tells her "keep your panties on, I'll be with you in a second". He was definitely drunk and it was hilarious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad