Nickson/Fox/Evans

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
Fox is 100% better with Nick than with Alex. That's the big difference to me. Nick is awesome, and the chemistry with "James" is way less awkward.
I feel bad for Evans as he is a very good color man. He took a demotion and now sits in between the benches in his colorful suits and gets to chime in a few times. Maybe he should take Patrick's place with Stollie.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
NFT giveaways? /s I needs to start listening after the game. I like when you did the intermission reports.

I agree the broadcast has been great. I like the addition of Evans between the benches. I enjoy that POV in the national broadcasts, so its nice to see during our broadcasts.
Trivia returns to the postgame show tomorrow night.

The prize won't be an NFT and I'm still working on a long term popcornopolis replacement... but it'll be a real prize.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Nick Nickson is 69 years old.

He doesn't look like it.

IMG_1358.jpeg

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I think that's the exact reason Alex was chosen. They were thinking long term. Wanted a young guy they could invest in and be the new voice of the Kings for decades to come.

Nick Nickson is 69 years old.
And they will have to do the same thing in the near future, Nick already stated he'd only be doing this for a couple years. Let's hope the next guy they get doesn't come off like he's trying to sell you a used car,

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Never had a issue with Faust. Bob is better than Nickson and in my opinion much better. Maybe cause I have heard Nickson for over 40 years on radio that I rather have Bob on TV instead.

Reactions: lumbergh

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
I thought I read Nick was offered the TV play by play but liked the Radio side with Darryl.
I thought it was the opposite. He wanted the tv gig but was never offered because they wanted someone young to take over for a long, long time.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Never understood why we decided to hire Faust anyways.

Slap to the face of Nickson.

Trying to bring in new blood and had there been better chemistry , probably would've stayed. I know Fox is a legend but I think had they moved him out too, it might've worked better. Totally new team. Faust is really good on the national broadcasts and worked well with the rotation of guys with him.

Was it a slap in face when Nick went from TV with Bob, to just the radio guy in 1990 and replaced with Jim? Nobody thought so.

Last edited:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I will always have blinders on for Nick Nickson. Just love the way he calls the game, and the tone of his voice. I notice he gets a fair number of players wrong, but he usually corrects himself which I like in play by play guys. Easy to mistake numbers, happens to all play by play, the good ones acknowledge it.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I think the whole broadcast team is fantastic right now to be honest. They trimmed the fat and everyone is where they need to be except for maybe Evans. In the end, Nickson is where he belongs, yeah he gets names wrong like tail-end Bob Miller, but I know who has the puck and love him in the booth.

Fox is what he is and honestly I think he is great along side Nickson. Patrick O'Neal has come into his own and now is pretty good and leading the broadcast. Army is hilarious and has developed fun chemistry with O'Neal. Carrlyn Bathe is a ball of sunshine and increases the love towards the team. Lastly, Jarret Stoll has done a good job at adding commentary and has become a pretty valuable asset behind the scenes working with the players directly.

This is one of the best broadcast teams the organization has ever had in my opinion. The only way to make it better is to have Bob back in the booth.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I think the whole broadcast team is fantastic right now to be honest. They trimmed the fat and everyone is where they need to be except for maybe Evans. In the end, Nickson is where he belongs, yeah he gets names wrong like tail-end Bob Miller, but I know who has the puck and love him in the booth.

Fox is what he is and honestly I think he is great along side Nickson. Patrick O'Neal has come into his own and now is pretty good and leading the broadcast. Army is hilarious and has developed fun chemistry with O'Neal. Carrlyn Bathe is a ball of sunshine and increases the love towards the team. Lastly, Jarret Stoll has done a good job at adding commentary and has become a pretty valuable asset behind the scenes working with the players directly.

This is one of the best broadcast teams the organization has ever had in my opinion. The only way to make it better is to have Bob back in the booth.
I was at the last preseason game at home -- got there early with my kid and we saw Stoll at the broadcast area just going over notes. I called out to him to say hi, he came right over and chatted it up with us...so cool. He had zero obligation to do that and I'm convinced he just must be a really nice guy.

Reactions: Telos

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I was at the last preseason game at home -- got there early with my kid and we saw Stoll at the broadcast area just going over notes. I called out to him to say hi, he came right over and chatted it up with us...so cool. He had zero obligation to do that and I'm convinced he just must be a really nice guy.
He is, I've seen him a few times and he is always generous with his time, not only to fans but also to the players. He keeps up with the team in fitness, showing them how to be pros, bringing that winning mentality, and spends many hours working on plays, faceoffs, and honing various skills. I've been almost more impressed with his impact and presence in the organization off the ice than I was when he was on it. I hope he sticks around for a long time kind of like Evans.

In the back of my mind, I am hoping for something similar for Dustin Brown, but I know Brownie wants to take some time away and enjoy retirement and his family a little bit. There's a possibility that Brown doesn't want it too which I would respect, but it doesn't stop me from hoping he eventually takes a more active role behind the scenes.

Most NHL players and people involved with pro hockey are very approachable and nice. Derek Armstrong is a great guy too. I saw him at T-Mobile at the final frozen fury. I said hi to him and he was talking to me like I was his friend. It was almost kind of weird so I informed him that we don't know each other and he said "i know but you seem like a good guy". LOL! I really did get the impression that he thought he knew me and was just going along with the conversation long enough until he could remind himself who I was.

Reactions: 21Dog

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Love Nic on the radio, he seems kinda late on TV calling play by play live and just meh unfortunately . Could the Kings find better for live TV, yes. Missing Bob since he left and retired. Long time Kings fans were spoiled with having Bob calling games for so long. Patrick O'Neal is just awful.

BamBam1031

Aug 8, 2008
On the telecasts, Jim looks so much smaller than Nick that it looks like a bad ventriloquist act. Can someone tell them to rearrange their positioning with respect to camera angle?

• Haha
Reactions: AbsentMojo

LeftKinger

Oct 20, 2022
Love the new set up. Maybe Faust can take over again after Nickson retires. Hopefully he’s learned a thing or two about the game by then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad