Nickname that Jori!

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
He looks like a Silverback to me as well. Then there's Frank & Jesse (James.) Of course we call Tarasenko Frank, so there's always Bill, Bob or George. I still like Biff the best though.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
IMO he looks like Brand (Josh Brolin) in The Goonies

2120-7538.jpg

8356_20100829134255_130215_jori.jpg

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner
A longtime Finnish fan of Jori here... Me and my friends have always called him "Jorge", pronounced in the Spanish way :) Can't really remember where it came from. We are always shouting "Vamos Jorge" etc :laugh:

Or how about Hannibal Lehter, because he pretty much consumes his opponents ;)

Jorge would actually be really good!

Jack Bandit

Jan 27, 2014
Illinois
Nicknames! Jori TheTerror. (kinda sounds like Lehtera if you don't enunciate the R)

Eh.. I give up. Anybody remember that interview he did after Finland beat the U.S. last Olympics? The one where he said Patrick Kane had no hands? That swagger is great, I've liked him ever since.

TheKurkey

May 5, 2013
Maybe just the Joker. Cause he's funny and got that smile, and he played for Jokerit back in Finland.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
He is the kind of guy who will make himself a nickname in a couple of years. He is such a funny guy and oozes of confidence and humility.

BluesTraveller

Mar 5, 2012
St Louis
He is adjusting to the grind of the NHL. Doesn't appear to be accustomed to this much hockey, and so many back-to-back games. For him to make it to the next level he needs to join Tarasenko in the offseason to work on conditioning.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
He isn't pushing in the points anymore but is his play still good?

Kind of a predictable fall off in effectiveness due to the rigors of the NHL compared with what he's used to. I think he'll probably get bumped and Stastny will start getting more of the minutes with Schwartz/Tarasenko. Won't be surprised if he gets a healthy scratch once in a while to get some rest.

As much crap as Berglund takes on this board, he's strong and durable. There are worse things than having him function as the 3C now and then.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
The guy doesn't have a good name for a nickname IMO.

The guy's always smiling though so how about Dimple twinkles?

sst338d

Oct 20, 2014
He isn't pushing in the points anymore but is his play still good?

He looks absolutely no different now than he did at the beginning of the season when he was getting points. If you liked him then, you would like him still now. If you didn't like him then, you still don't like him now. He has played like he was out of gas since game #1, but he was finding away to get on the score sheet then, just not happening now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad