Recalled/Assigned: Nicklas Jensen

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
I really think Jensen is one of those players who has to produce in an offensive top-6 role or not at all. He's already spent a fair amount of time in the minors, I'd like to see him given sheltered offensive starts rather than try to force him into a responsible two-way player in a grinder's role.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
I really think Jensen is one of those players who has to produce in an offensive top-6 role or not at all. He's already spent a fair amount of time in the minors, I'd like to see him given sheltered offensive starts rather than try to force him into a responsible two-way player in a grinder's role.

Yeah, but at the same time, if he is a total liability then there's just no point.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I tend to look at the callup this way as well. Jensen can get some practice or games with the big club in and hit the reset button when he goes back to Utica. He's digging himself a hole down there right now.

I actually like this line of thought. Jensen runs very hot and cold; his hot streaks are ridiculous and his cold ones are...well, also ridiculous. He has been struggling of late, and an injection of confidence - whether he plays in a game or not - could be just what the doctor ordered.

That said, I'd like to see him dress. All things being equal, I like having as much talent in the lineup as possible.

hockeywoot

Oct 29, 2010
China
I understand Jensen isn't playing well right now in Utica, but he started off the year strong didn't he? Plus, last year he played well with the Sedins while he was up, he was one of the only Canucks scoring. I think it's a bit premature to be saying he's a bust, he might just be a player who plays better around NHL players.

this.

sirwilliam

Assume it's sarcasm
Nov 29, 2006
Victoria
Kinda surprised Gaunce didn't get the call, with his excellent play lately. Guess it's a matter of role.

I think Jensen will be moved shortly, just a hunch. Here's hoping he plays well for us while up!

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
^May also need to make room to recall a goalie, with Miller confirmed out for the next game by WD.

You'd think they'd have placed someone on LTIR to save some cap space by now... that's what Gillis did to build up cap space for the deadline all the time...

stoneboat

Apr 11, 2010
Anyone notice during the game vs NYI how Linden had Jensen beside him in the booth? Looked like a pretty intense conversation, pointing out what was happening on the ice, or a plain old pep talk. Who knows what they have planned for Jensen, but I thought it showed good leadership on Linden's part.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Seems like they brought him up to have that heart to heart watching the game. Hopefully he goes back to Utica with a renewed focus and can start to improve his play.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Anyone notice during the game vs NYI how Linden had Jensen beside him in the booth? Looked like a pretty intense conversation, pointing out what was happening on the ice, or a plain old pep talk. Who knows what they have planned for Jensen, but I thought it showed good leadership on Linden's part.

Linden: Nick, if you dont start scoring, Im sending you to Kalamazoo. KALAMAZOO, Nick.

Jensen: I'll score, I'll score, just dont send me to Kalamazoo...

NucksRock*

Seems like they brought him up to have that heart to heart watching the game. Hopefully he goes back to Utica with a renewed focus and can start to improve his play.

No, lol..you bring up players for depth. If a guy gets hurt in practice, or is nursing an injury and cant go, there is someone to fill the spot.

Or if a number of games in close succession as we've had, its good to have a player already up..vs a last second call up.

They knew their roster was tight so have a spare ready.

The nucks have shown they will do this regularly for the reason above, and simply have the player practice, collect a bit of a financial bonus (2 way contracts so even a couple of days is a nice little bump) and for them to be around the team.

Corrado, Sangiunetti, etc etc....

There was no 'heart to heart'...lol...dude really?

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
No, lol..you bring up players for depth. If a guy gets hurt in practice, or is nursing an injury and cant go, there is someone to fill the spot.

Or if a number of games in close succession as we've had, its good to have a player already up..vs a last second call up.

They knew their roster was tight so have a spare ready.

The nucks have shown they will do this regularly for the reason above, and simply have the player practice, collect a bit of a financial bonus (2 way contracts so even a couple of days is a nice little bump) and for them to be around the team.

Corrado, Sangiunetti, etc etc....

There was no 'heart to heart'...lol...dude really?

I think they mean because they could have called up a number of other players, but chose to call up the ice cold Jensen instead of someone who is arguably more deserving. Are you serious right now?

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
You wouldn't need to go through the formalities of recalling a player and adding him to the roster if you just wanted to talk with him.

My guess is they were like "Nick, Nick, you gotta see this arena before it's too late. Your generation will never know what it's like!"

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Any chance Jensen getting the call was cap related? Like something similar to how they called up Yann Sauve a couple times after he was done as a prospect with no intention of playing him? They probably needed some insurance and didn't want to take away from the Comets roster too much for a guy to sit in the press box. Jensen is a good fit in that regard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad