Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
He's struggling, but he's looked more confident as the game went on. Let's stop with the "he's carrying Drouin and Anderson" agenda, he's been the passenger for the past 5 games.

Like Pierre McGuire, I would have gladly traded Suzuki for Pierre-Luc Dubois. Dubois is more physical...he could drive the play...more presence up the middle...way more proven...wanted to play for the Habs.

Reactions: puckie

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Like Pierre McGuire, I would have gladly traded Suzuki for Pierre-Luc Dubois. Dubois is more physical...he could drive the play...more presence up the middle...way more proven...wanted to play for the Habs.

he should be he's older and a 3rd OA pick. But it's not just Suzuki you are trading, due to having no cap space. When PLD put up 61 pts at age 20, look at the talent he had around him, then look at the players Suzuki played with last year.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
he should be he's older and a 3rd OA pick. But it's not just Suzuki you are trading, due to having no cap space. When PLD put up 61 pts at age 20, look at the talent he had around him, then look at the players Suzuki played with last year.

Sorry...I don't buy the age issue... Dubois is still really young... he's just better...he drives the play more than Suzuki...goes to the net more than Suzuki... Suzuki plays more on the perimeter.

Jul 6, 2016
Nah, you just don't have the ability to judge KKs game without getting emotional. He made mistakes, but he was in the game, hit a few guys, won puck battles, had 70% on the FO circle and even got a grade A chance. Suzuki did zilch, nothing, nada. 20% fo, 1 SOG and 2 giveaways, thats what he did.

LOL ! What about Danault ? That is exactly what you're doing all day long.

Reactions: ZUKI and Belial

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Sorry...I don't buy the age issue... Dubois is still really young... he's just better...he drives the play more than Suzuki...goes to the net more than Suzuki... Suzuki plays more on the perimeter.

Suzuki was a 20 year old rookie last year, PLD has over 240 NHL games under his belt, playing with better talent on his team. He's supposed to be better, so he goes to the net more, Suzuki is a high IQ two way player.

In a few years if the Habs can get better talent, I could see Suzuki putting up more points then PLD.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
He's struggling, but he's looked more confident as the game went on. Let's stop with the "he's carrying Drouin and Anderson" agenda, he's been the passenger for the past 5 games.
Yes, and it should be that way at 21. I'd be worried about the other two if he was carrying them.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Suzuki and Anderson are our version of Backstrom and Wilson. Signing Ovi would be a game-changer.

Ovechkin - Suzuki - Anderson

It would be the best Habs line in 25 years

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Yeah, he had Panarin on the team then. It was his sophomore year, which is kind of surprising that it'd be his best year yet though.

I think Suzuki is awesome and think it was smart to not trade him for Dubois, but PLD is a hell of the player. Maybe as a UFA?

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Suzuki and Anderson are our version of Backstrom and Wilson. Signing Ovi would be a game-changer.

Ovechkin - Suzuki - Anderson

It would be the best Habs line in 25 years

Habs would have to not sign Danault and Tatar, and have Byron and Chiarot/Edmundson come off the books to be cap compliant. KK needs to be bridged, Petry and Allen's new contracts basically cancel eachother out and leave Habs just under a mil in extra cap space. It basically forces Habs to insert 3 prospects (probably Caufield, Poehling, and a D) into the lineup and they might be able to sign a bottom 6 C on the cheap for a year.

Not saying I'm against the idea but lots of juggling needs to be done

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Last few struggled abit on points, but defensively he did so good, going to be a good long term 2 way center to come by

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
At some point suzuki is going to have to address his speed. The average forward is 6’1 198lbs. He’s 5’11 208. I know everyone is built different and being a little heavier can be a good thing especially for a Center but at 21 hard to believe he’s that big already. Also if nick is 208 crosby is 220. Lol. I just see a little bit of a lack of explosiveness. A lot of plays he’s so close to making or just about makes but doesn’t have that extra step. If I’m montreal I’m bringing whoever in to make this kid faster. A little more speed and he would be believable

Last edited:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
All I'm seeing is a 21 year old sophomore who's being given the plate of a 26 year old top 6 Center who's well established in the league

In NO way am I worried about him not even a little, is he having a "rough patch" right now, absolutely, if he were handling this like a true PPG player and and winning 50%+ face offs he would be the talk of the NHL, talks of 10 mill/yr rfa contacts, and even MORE pressure would be dumped onto his shoulders than he already has

I'm actually loving that hes getting "some" kind of adversity out there, the last thing you wanted is for him to think this is easy and to get overly complacent
Hes. 21. Lol. These are BIG assignments, against teams BEST players and Centers
Hes chugging along juuuuust fine, it's not like he "actually sucks, turns out"
It's not like he has 2 points in 15 games either
Growing pains baby, growing pains, this is the SHOW, hes the type of player that shows up when it matters

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
@ TOR000000000002 14:2318
Feb 11vs EDM00000000000115:2117
Feb 10vs TOR00000000000315:3120
Feb 6@ OTT00000000000310:3416
Feb 4vs OTT00000000000113:3718
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

@ TOR00000000000116:1520
Feb 11vs EDM000-10000000317:1221
Feb 10vs TOR00000000000319:2725
Feb 6@ OTT01110000000119:5728
Feb 4vs OTT000-10000000218:4523
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Two centers, two very different treatment. I wonder why one is fine and the other absolutely needs to show something.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Man can't help to think back to those rumors as I watch the replay of Dubois sniping the OT winner with Suzuki covering him... Of course Nick is struggling right now, but he's still young and the team asks a lot of him. I have no doubt he'll figure it out and be a great player for this team for many years, but still... With how KK has been playing under Ducharme, Dubois, KK down the middle for a decade plus wouldn't be too bad of a sight to look at hehe.

But I really don't know what's going on with Suzuki. It's like he's not the same player. He used to intercept passes at least twice a game but now he can barely make one. You know it's bad when it's Drouin carrying that line. Could it be the tough schedule? Poor conditioning? He seemed to have hit a wall last year too before coming back refreshed and killing it during the playoffs. Anyways, whatever it is, without Suzuki pulling his weight, this team goes nowhere. KK seemed to have started to figure things out, this teams needs Suzuki to do the same. Crazy that Danault is here specifically for that reason in case they couldn't handle the load, and he's sh*tting the bed more than the young guys, sad.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
At some point suzuki is going to have to address his speed. The average forward is 6’1 198lbs. He’s 5’11 208. I know everyone is built different and being a little heavier can be a good thing especially for a Center but at 21 hard to believe he’s that big already. Also if nick is 208 crosby is 220. Lol. I just see a little bit of a lack of explosiveness. A lot of plays he’s so close to making or just about makes but doesn’t have that extra step. If I’m montreal I’m bringing whoever in to make this kid faster. A little more speed and he would be believable

Some players can only improve their speed so much. It's partly genetic/due to fast twitch muscles.

Last edited:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
move him down a line, put Bustniemi up one

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

His foot speed and lack of pace has been the issue with this kid since his junior days, the reason why I lowered him in my prospects ranking 2 years ago... He could become really good if he fixes it and becomes just a little bit more explosive, but for now he is struggling like all of our centers, our center line is simply just not good enough yet, we wont contend as long as our center line becomes better, as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad