Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Really hitting his stride after the first 5-6 mediocre games of the season. He's playing more like how he did in training camp. Just looks way more confident out there.

Let's hope he keeps it going and stays healthy.

Reactions: Redux91

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Suzuki has really developed into a 200 foot player. It's actually fun watching how responsible he is at both ends of the ice. Some people were writing him off as a future center, but this guy just gets the game. His hockey IQ is that of an NHL centre. You can say what you want about his skating, but he's smart enough to be able to play the position and not let it be a problem. I love that we're seeing more and more of his talent on offence each game.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
He had a quietly solid game last night. A couple good plays offensively and strong all night defensively. Great on the dot too.

A little tentative at times,but understandably of course. His wingers actually looked better than they have lately also.

Reactions: jaffy27

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
A little tentative at times,but understandably of course. His wingers actually looked better than they have lately also.
Yeah that should subside as he starts getting comfortable. He was pretty assertive with Thompson those last few games but it's gonna take a couple at C before he's used to it.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Yeah that should subside as he starts getting comfortable. He was pretty assertive with Thompson those last few games but it's gonna take a couple at C before he's used to it.

He fit well with N&N as a RW,solid 2 way line and no shame if he returns to that role. Could be that he earns his C role at the expense of KK,which will not go over well with some or most. Not sure how to look at it,is it a demotion? 4th line C or better to play 3rd RW.

Reactions: DangerDave

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
He fit well with N&N as a RW,solid 2 way line and no shame if he returns to that role. Could be that he earns his C role at the expense of KK,which will not go over well with some or most. Not sure how to look at it,is it a demotion? 4th line C or better to play 3rd RW.
Tough choices will need to be made if he excels tonight. If Julien sticks with Suzuki at 3C, I just hope they don't use KK as a bottom line winger.

Jul 6, 2016
Tough choices will need to be made if he excels tonight. If Julien sticks with Suzuki at 3C, I just hope they don't use KK as a bottom line winger.

Actually, KK could be a good 3rd line RW.

Suzuki has the perfect mind and IQ to play center.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Suzuki has really developed into a 200 foot player. It's actually fun watching how responsible he is at both ends of the ice. Some people were writing him off as a future center, but this guy just gets the game. His hockey IQ is that of an NHL centre. You can say what you want about his skating, but he's smart enough to be able to play the position and not let it be a problem. I love that we're seeing more and more of his talent on offence each game.

I now see where the O'Reilly comparisons come from, even he never reaches O'Reilly's offensive level.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
John Tavares and Mark Stone are very average skaters and have become great players. Suzuki’s skating is on par with them and I think it will improve as he matures.

I wonder if McPhee would want a do over but then again he was able to dump Tatar’s contract which he wanted to do.

Reactions: montreal

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
John Tavares and Mark Stone are very average skaters and have become great players. Suzuki’s skating is on par with them and I think it will improve as he matures.

I wonder if McPhee would want a do over but then again he was able to dump Tatar’s contract which he wanted to do.

Except Tatar is younger than Pacioretty and has been more productive too, so even as a 1 for 1 it doesn’t look good for McPhee, let alone throwing in Suzuki.

Reactions: montreal and Tyson

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Suzuki is a better skater than the two of them and a better shooter than Stone. The rest remains to be seen. His ceiling is definetely an elite player.

Reactions: DangerDave

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Do you think Vegas would have preferred to keep Suzuki over Glass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad