Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Everytime I'm doubtful about Suzuki there's after a mea culpa. Again and again. It's how it's. Moral of this has to be don't doubt.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I doubt we see Julien limit Suzuki's ice time like he did with KK. He's already one of his most trusted forwards in critical situations and him being a RH center is pretty important.

I'm really eager to see Suzuki get some good wingers though. Even Lehky and Armia are a massive upgrade over what he's getting now.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
If he's relegated to a tertiary role like Kotkaniemi has...

He surely will
Weird that when you develop young skilled players in a top six offensive role they turn out to be top six offensive players.... But when you develop them as bottom six grinders.... They turn into bottom six grinders.....

Reactions: DAChampion

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I doubt we see Julien limit Suzuki's ice time like he did with KK. He's already one of his most trusted forwards in critical situations and him being a RH center is pretty important.

I'm really eager to see Suzuki get some good wingers though. Even Lehky and Armia are a massive upgrade over what he's getting now.

Thing about Suzuki is that he's so cerebral and has such a high IQ that he knows where to position himself on the ice at any given time -- which makes those early concerns about his skating, really immaterial despite the fact that he did work on gaining speed. This guy proves how important a high hockey IQ is in the pecking order of other skills. You can't teach what he does.

Reactions: DangerDave

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
in b4 all the captain hindsights inevitably flood the thread in a couple of months when he's in a slump to tell us he was rushed and should have spent the year in the A
There's a difference between being in a slump and looking like a gazelle getting dragged by a lion through the Serengeti.

The lion partly representing the speed of execution in the NHL and Joel Armia's will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad