Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Or, if he and the staff don’t particularly like the player, it could be a hard pass and move on

Yeah that's the point, they like Cousins, Weal, Thompson, Byron, Lehkonen but not Nyquist and that's why you see the top 9 you now see. I disagree with them

Reactions: Miller Time

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Ah yes, the great Yoelle "Two points in his last ten games" Armia. A one man tanking army, even Lekhonen produces more than him.
I just like the way he plays, plus he's cheap. I think he's good for 40 pts this year

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I just like the way he plays, plus he's cheap. I think he's good for 40 pts this year
He's gonna have to pick it up, cause in a month he went from a .9 ppg to a .5 ppg.

As Ive said before, he's never going to produce more than 40 points, even in a career year. He's a mediocre player.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Suzuki seems to be an offensive catalyst for the team recently. I'd like to see him tried with KK for a couple games. Need to get KK going if we aren't going to send him down.

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

Jul 6, 2016
Suzuki seems to be an offensive catalyst for the team recently. I'd like to see him tried with KK for a couple games. Need to get KK going if we aren't going to send him down.

Too bad Drouin is injured for so long. I would had liked to see a kid line too.

Tatar-Danault-Gally
Drouin-Domi-Armia
Lehkonen-KK-Suzuki (KK and Suzuki taking faceoffs when rh or lh centerman is needed)
Cousins-Thompson-Weal

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Ah yes, the great Yoelle "Two points in his last ten games" Armia. A one man tanking army, even Lekhonen produces more than him.
That's actually incorrect. I dont blame you for thinking that though because Lehkonen usually gets much better linemates.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Incorrect? I mean, a quick look at their game logs says otherwise.
"Even Lehkonen produces more than him". Armia has 12 points in 21 games while Lehkonen has 11 points in 23 games. That makes what you said incorrect.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

That goes agaisnt the Claude Julien dogma:

1) Though shall not give reasonable ice-time to KK
2) Though shall not give KK offensive wingers
3) Though shall bench KK (and rip him in the post game interview) if he makes any mistake

:help:

Reactions: DangerDave

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Nick Suzuki post game: "It's hard to explain".

No it's really not. Everyone but Suzuki, Domi, Lehky and Weber were junk. A good thing Suzuki is a hab this year cause I would probably stop watching until this dinosaur coach gets canned like I did after Therrien sewered Subban.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Dont give a crap if he back checks. If his offense flourishes and becomes elite...we can put someone next to him to back check for him.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
That goes agaisnt the Claude Julien dogma:

1) Though shall not give reasonable ice-time to KK
2) Though shall not give KK offensive wingers
3) Though shall bench KK (and rip him in the post game interview) if he makes any mistake

:help:

Maybe if KK deseved anything extra, he'd get it. Suzuki had no problem getting a top 6 role.

The coach hates KK refrain is stale and unfounded. Find new material people.

No coach benched a player that played well.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What's your forward line-up today if we send Kotkaniemi to Laval and our centers are Domi, Danault, Suzuki?

Lehkonen / Danault / Gallagher
Tatar / Domi / Hudon
Cousins / Suzuki / Armia
Vejdemo / Thompson / Weal

Put yourself in their shoes, sending Kotkaniemi down creates holes and can we roll 4 lines still?

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
What's your forward line-up today if we send Kotkaniemi to Laval and our centers are Domi, Danault, Suzuki?

Tatar / Domi / Hudon
Cousins / Suzuki / Armia

Put yourself in their shoes, sending Kotkaniemi down creates holes and can we roll 4 lines still?
Man we're weak on the wings without Drouin in the lineup and Domi at C.

That looks alright. Pretty much all the LW are interchangeable. I like Suzuki with Lehky, Tatar and Cousins so far. He'd probably be good with Lukas too. He's just a good player.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

Tatar / Domi / Hudon
Cousins / Suzuki / Armia

man those lines are so bad , Lekhonen should never play on a first line in any lineups.
Armia should be above Hudon , hudon is not a nhler. Also I don't see Julien breaking the Tatar/Danault/Gallagher line unless major thing happens.
Id call up Belzile and play him on a third line over Cousins.

Also rather use Suzuki on the wing on the top 6 to give him more icetime than playing on the center with 2 plugs.

Edit* I also agree to send Kotka in the AHL in the top 6 with Poehling both centers.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
man those lines are so bad , Lekhonen should never play on a first line in any lineups.
Armia should be above Hudon , hudon is not a nhler. Also I don't see Julien breaking the Tatar/Danault/Gallagher line unless major thing happens.
Id call up Belzile and play him on a third line over Cousins.

Also rather use Suzuki on the wing on the top 6 to give him more icetime than playing on the center with 2 plugs.

Not sure you understood my point? Who’s playing center with Kotkaniemi in the AHL and Suzuki playing wing? You going to play Thompson at 3C?

what’s your lineup with Kotkaniemi in the AHL? List it and you might see my point.

Something tells me you think I like the lines I posted :laugh:

Reactions: Plekatorz

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Not sure you understood my point? Who’s playing center with Kotkaniemi in the AHL and Suzuki playing wing? You going to play Thompson at 3C? Lol
I did understand , id play Weal at center , unless you really wanna play Suzuki as a center in the future. You cant put everyone as a center , Suzuki , Kotka , Poehling Domi Danault. Id rather have Suzuki playing 15-16min with better linemate and put a third ''weal'' on the 3rd center. Might as well stack the top6 , anyways the bottom 6 isnt doing shit right now anyways.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I did understand , id play Weal at center , unless you really wanna play Suzuki as a center in the future. You cant put everyone as a center , Suzuki , Kotka , Poehling Domi Danault. Id rather have Suzuki playing 15-16min with better linemate and put a third ''weal'' on the 3rd center. Might as well stack the top6 , anyways the bottom 6 isnt doing **** right now anyways.

list your 4 lines then? I’m not so sure it looks good any way you spread or condense it. Our team strength of rolling 4 lines disappears with Kotkaniemi in the AHL

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Maybe if KK deseved anything extra, he'd get it. Suzuki had no problem getting a top 6 role.

The coach hates KK refrain is stale and unfounded. Find new material people.

No coach benched a player that played well.
Ummm, we actually traded one “a player that played well” during a f***ing game, let alone benching them.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
list your 4 lines then? I’m not so sure it looks good any way you spread or condense it. Our team strength of rolling 4 lines disappears with Kotkaniemi in the AHL
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lekhonen-Domi-Suzuki
Belzile-Weal-Armia
Cousins-Thompson-Hudon

With no injuries (perfect world)
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Domi-Suzuki
Byron-Weal-Armia
Cousins-Thompson-Belzile

Indeed Kotka being not there would make our bottom 6 weak , but its already weak.

You can Swap cousins and Weal depending on nights.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lekhonen-Domi-Suzuki
Belzile-Weal-Armia
Cousins-Thompson-Hudon

With no injuries (perfect world)
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Domi-Suzuki
Byron-Weal-Armia
Cousins-Thompson-Belzile

Indeed Kotka being not there would make our bottom 6 weak , but its already weak.

You can Swap cousins and Weal depending on nights.

Eventually, some of those centers will play wing or gets traded.
They sold us Kotkaniemi as a center, best center in the draft, fixing the center line forever.
And boy, do they sell it big. #1 center. In the NHL at 18 at center even if he barely played center in Finland.

But right now, we have injuries, he's not playing well and what we are doing since Byron and Drouin got injured doesn't work.
I agree about KK.....but right now i think it's time to just try something different with KK, see how it goes. First time playing with great player, less thinking on an offensive exploitation line. Building confidence is everything for me when it comes to prospects and i believe injuries are opportunities.

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Kotkaniemi - Domi - Suzuki
Lehkonen - Poehling - Armia
Weal - Thompson - Cousins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad