Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Eventually, some of those centers will play wing or gets traded.
They sold us Kotkaniemi as a center, best center in the draft, fixing the center line forever.
And boy, do they sell it big. #1 center. In the NHL at 18 at center even if he barely played center in Finland.

But right now, we have injuries, he's not playing well and what we are doing since Byron and Drouin got injured doesn't work.
I agree about KK.....but right now i think it's time to just try something different with KK, see how it goes. First time playing with great player, less thinking on an offensive exploitation line. Building confidence is everything for me when it comes to prospects and i believe injuries are opportunities.

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Kotkaniemi - Domi - Suzuki
Lehkonen - Poehling - Armia
Weal - Thompson - Cousins
I mean we could try , but Kotka and Poehling dont deserve NHL ice time right now.

Reactions: angusyoung

durojean

May 29, 2007
man those lines are so bad , Lekhonen should never play on a first line in any lineups.
Armia should be above Hudon , hudon is not a nhler. Also I don't see Julien breaking the Tatar/Danault/Gallagher line unless major thing happens.
Id call up Belzile and play him on a third line over Cousins.

Also rather use Suzuki on the wing on the top 6 to give him more icetime than playing on the center with 2 plugs.

Edit* I also agree to send Kotka in the AHL in the top 6 with Poehling both centers.

Tatar Domi Gallagher
Lekhonen Danault Armia
Cousins Suzuki Weal
Hudon Thompson best ahl winger

KK only looks good on paper but with Julien we are destroying him. We are not winning anything this year anyway.

If your not giving all the ice time in the world to your young prospect in a season lile this you never will.

Right now with a Complete line up I’d do

Tatar Domi Gallagher
Drouin Suzuki Armia
Lekhonen Danault Byron

I don t like playing Suzuki at wing.

Reactions: cphabs

durojean

May 29, 2007
They sold us Kotkaniemi as a center, best center in the draft, fixing the center line forever.
And boy, do they sell it big. #1 center. In the NHL at 18 at center even if he barely played center in Finland.

But right now, we have injuries, he's not playing well and what we are doing since Byron and Drouin got injured doesn't work.
I agree about KK.....but right now i think it's time to just try something different with KK, see how it goes. First time playing with great player, less thinking on an offensive exploitation line. Building confidence is everything for me when it comes to prospects and i believe injuries are opportunities.

Wow... it could work but i hate your line up with a passion. Suzuki KK and Poehling should play center in my mind

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lekhonen-Domi-Suzuki
Belzile-Weal-Armia
Cousins-Thompson-Hudon

With no injuries (perfect world)
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Domi-Suzuki
Byron-Weal-Armia
Cousins-Thompson-Belzile

Indeed Kotka being not there would make our bottom 6 weak , but its already weak.

You can Swap cousins and Weal depending on nights.

I think one of our team strengths is rolling all 4 lines and that bottom 6 is horrible. Even with both Drouin and Byron back, it's not the greatest and not sure Julien would trust rolling the 4 lines again.

Might happen cause none of us know if Kotkaniemi is send to Laval at some point or not

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

The conversation @HabsWhiteKnightLOL and I were having was the line-up without Kotkaniemi (AHL) and Drouin/Byron on IR. The point I was trying to make was our team strength of rolling 4 lines all of a sudden is no longer a strength.

Can Poehling do what Kotkaniemi can do at 3C? I guess it's worth trying for a few games and not just one game.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Pretty clear this guy should be leading the PP. Either on the left side or the right side, his vision is elite. Probably the best on the team. What do you think he'll finish with, points wise? Is 45-50 reachable, with his slow start/TOI.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Pretty clear this guy should be leading the PP. Either on the left side or the right side, his vision is elite. Probably the best on the team. What do you think he'll finish with, points wise? Is 45-50 reachable, with his slow start/TOI.

Get Taylor Hall and he'll get 65-70

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

He was taken off the pp temporarily because he had two costly turnovers on it that led to short handed goals. Hopefully those are behind him.

Hard to say what his end of season point total will be, as rookies often hit a wall. But we definitely got a good one long term. Domi and Drouin are looking good. I still think KK will pan out. We need Poehling and Caufield to pan out. That's a good, very young 6 out of 9 top 9 forwards.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
That pass tonight , what a stud, you can't teach that kind of talent. Loving his vision , he's good from the wing where he can get players to follow him until a teammate gets open near the net on the opposite side. Will be interesting to see what he does when teams adjust to his "sneakiness"...:laugh:

Tatar's second goal ties it up

Last edited:
Reactions: DangerDave

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
That pass tonight , what a stud, you can't teach that kind of talent. Loving his vision , he's good from the wing where he can get players to follow him until a teammate gets open near the net on the opposite side.

Tatar's second goal ties it up
Man the way he faked shot all the way there was amazing. Didn't look at Tatar for more than half a second and that was before he even received the puck. Fooled everyone except Tatar who knows exactly what the kid is capable of.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Man the way he faked shot all the way there was amazing. Didn't look at Tatar for more than half a second and that was before he even received the puck. Fooled everyone except Tatar who knows exactly what the kid is capable of.

You would think he would be amazing with Domi but man this years Domi is so bland compared to the offensive force from last year. I'm really dissapointed , hopefully he picks it up , especially knowing how productive he can be...Perhaps it was a flash in a pan after all...

Anyways , happy to see Suzuki doing well as I really enjoyed his playoff and memorial cup run. I saw a real gamer with talent , hasn't dissapointed one bit (if anything surpassed my expectations).

Apeironic

Jan 10, 2019
You would think he would be amazing with Domi but man this years Domi is so bland compared to the offensive force from last year. I'm really dissapointed , hopefully he picks it up , especially knowing how productive he can be...Perhaps it was a flash in a pan after all...

Anyways , happy to see Suzuki doing well as I really enjoyed his playoff and memorial cup run. I saw a real gamer with talent , hasn't dissapointed one bit (if anything surpassed my expectations).
I'm convinced that there is some kind of tension between Suzuki and Max. It just feels like Max doesn't look for him, and tries do to far too much on his own.

This makes sense when you consider that Suzuki is likely the guy that takes the 2C from Max.

Speculation at best, and not something actively done by Domi, but I do think on some level there is tension.

Jul 6, 2016
I'm convinced that there is some kind of tension between Suzuki and Max. It just feels like Max doesn't look for him, and tries do to far too much on his own.

This makes sense when you consider that Suzuki is likely the guy that takes the 2C from Max.

Speculation at best, and not something actively done by Domi, but I do think on some level there is tension.

Domi is becoming a problem for this team. That's sad.

marvelousmotion

Nov 29, 2003
Visit site

I wouldn't go as far as saying there's jealousy between the two, but it's obvious that Domi doesn't have full trust in his teammates, including Suzuki. He's been playing like a selfish POS with most guys on his line, aside from maybe now Cousins (his friend from the Coyotes days) and it hasn't been generating much.

I don't like Domi's game at all this year, it looks like he only cares about himself and thinks that he's better than everyone else. Instead of looking for the open man, trusting his teammates and making smart plays, he goes for low percentage shots or thinks he is Datsyuk, trying to out-deke everyone and loses the puck because he's not.

Reactions: Apeironic

Apeironic

Jan 10, 2019
I wouldn't go as far as saying there's jealousy between the two, but it's obvious that Domi doesn't have full trust in his teammates, including Suzuki. He's been playing like a selfish POS with most guys on his line, aside from maybe now Cousins (his friend from the Coyotes days) and it hasn't been generating much.

I don't like Domi's game at all this year, it looks like he only cares about himself and thinks that he's better than everyone else. Instead of looking for the open man, trusting his teammates and making smart plays, he goes for low percentage shots or thinks he is Datsyuk, trying to out-deke everyone and loses the puck because he's not.

Jealousy is definitely not the term. But there is something being harbored there, or rather a coming together of characters that seem to antagonize.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I hope we get to see more of Nick's shooting ability in the near future... seems like it's difficult for him to go into tunnel vision mode with the goalie and shoot, it's like he's always "re-calculating... re-calculating..." in the offensive zone when you expect him to take that shot, schnell. We know the kid can find his teammates on the ice, that's certainly not an issue.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I hope we get to see more of Nick's shooting ability in the near future... seems like it's difficult for him to go into tunnel vision mode with the goalie and shoot, it's like he's always "re-calculating... re-calculating..." in the offensive zone when you expect him to take that shot, schnell. We know the kid can find his teammates on the ice, that's certainly not an issue.
I feel like that message was passed on. He was much more eager to shoot last night. Had something like 5 or 6 shot attempts including a cross bar and a couple after that great toe drag.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I feel like that message was passed on. He was much more eager to shoot last night. Had something like 5 or 6 shot attempts including a cross bar and a couple after that great toe drag.

I like to think that once in a while, on some big screen monitor in the locker room, players have a blast talking **** about HF Habs. The one time a poster said something along the lines of "Well Weber is just a Mountain now, he barely moves" I thought to myself what a riot if they were all to chirp Webs in the room about stuff like that. For real though I don't think Zuke saw my post lol.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
He's pretty impressive as a player.

He's a got a quiet swagger/confidence to him. You can just see that he knows he's a good hockey player.

He's probably the most refined rookie the habs have had in a long time. Gallagher was a great rookie as well, but his game wasn't as polished as Suzuki's.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
He's pretty impressive as a player.

He's a got a quiet swagger/confidence to him. You can just see that he knows he's a good hockey player.

He's probably the most refined rookie the habs have had in a long time. Gallagher was a great rookie as well, but his game wasn't as polished as Suzuki's.
Never thought i would learn to like max pac . But now i love him for getting us suzuki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad