Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Really curious how Suzuki compares to Glass now. I remember how most here felt Glass was the better player at the time the Habs landed Suzuki.

edit: just read Mrb1p stating that Glass had injuries to contend with. I guess that would make it difficult to establish a comparable.

I don't think anyone who watches both has changed their opinion. Suzuki is still a lethal weapon, Glass still carries his team. It's an oversimplification for sure but Glass is in the Q Hughes tier of nearly can't miss (dare I say blue chip?) prospects while Suzuki is still a solid, quite likely first line. Both took similiar leaps forward, Suzuki just had more time to demonstrate it.

Also, wounded Glass has been looking fantastic playing pro hockey. Not a fan in Vegas regrets keeping him instead of Suzuki or even him instead of Brannstrom

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
As it stands, I can easily say he is the best Habs prospect in years. Hopefully he becomes the same dominant player in the NHL.

Reactions: cphabs

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Our incoming rookies are looking very good! Laval is going to be fun to watch next year. Stoked!

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
They need to make space for him next year. One of Byron, Tatar or Drouin have to go. Add a quality prospect and draft picks.
Nothing wrong with having him in Laval. Peca and Weise will likely play in Laval too. I want that team to be competitive with Evans, Fleury, Juulsen, Poehling, Suzuki, Brook and Teasdale.

Reactions: sharks9 and cphabs

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Will his playoff performance put to rest some of the “intensity” and “speed” critiques some have noted? He sure as hell looks fast and engaged out there.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Oh, thanks! Could have swore I saw some criticism about this just a few weeks ago. Getting old, my memory is slipping...

No doubt you saw critcism, cynical hyperbole based on small samples are the stuff this forum is made of!

He looked disengaged last preseason but it's probably just his playstyle.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
No doubt you saw critcism, cynical hyperbole based on small samples are the stuff this forum is made of!

He looked disengaged last preseason but it's probably just his playstyle.
So, you agree that his intensity and speed are much better than advertised on this forum?

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
So, you agree that his intensity and speed are much better than advertised on this forum?
Speed and intensity are not issues. He has an odd stance like Galchenyuk which is why people say he needs to work on his skating. That said, he's pretty fast and has really strong edges.

As for his intensity, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be torching the OHL if he wasn't intense. He doesn't play a crash and bang style game and he doesn't look like he's gasping for air on the ice like Gally but that doesn't mean he isn't playing hard.

He plays a patient game, relying on his smarts and anticipation rather than speed and strength

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Speed and intensity are not issues. He has an odd stance like Galchenyuk which is why people say he needs to work on his skating. That said, he's pretty fast and has really strong edges.

As for his intensity, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be torching the OHL if he wasn't intense. He doesn't play a crash and bang style game and he doesn't look like he's gasping for air on the ice like Gally but that doesn't mean he isn't playing hard.

He plays a patient game, relying on his smarts and anticipation rather than speed and strength

I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of player he is when he's 22, 23, 24. We can be patient. We have 12 solid forwards plus Thompson and Dlo. And I hope Bergevin uses the cap space to add to it in free agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad