Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
It's useless to make the effort you are trying to make. Even if you are right, you know the poster will just overlook your statement and keep bleating the same crap as before.

Rarely, if ever, do you see a post on this -- or any sports forum -- along the lines of, "Yeah. Good point. I hadn't seen it like that. Thanks."

It's basically a bunch of folks looking to be right above all else and using a Sports, subject that is, for the most part, entirely subjective so they can't be shot down empirically and without a doubt.

Sad that we have to wade through countless useless posts to read something interesting and refreshing from time to time.

I don't think they're useless posts, they just serve a specific purpose generally involving being cynical and negative, beating a dead horse to death again and again, pointing to that dead horse, and saying that it is the only horse that ever existed and anything moving forward is equivalent to that dead horse, even if any future horses are alive and well.

In other news, apparently a prospect on the team leading the playoffs in scoring is not relevant. Nice things//having them.

Always with the negative comments and the hate on me

u cant miss one can you.

I just want Suzuki to be a god in the nhl , better player in the OHL W/E Hes a high pick playing in the OHL , he should be dominating easily , hes doing it like Marner which is a super good news.

I'm sorry if you feel personally victimized - but I legitimately was asking you why you feel, on a hockey forum, that a comment asking when the last time the team had an most exciting prospect who happens to also be a playoff scoring leader is not relevant in any way? Is it not relevant because we aren't supposed to see it as a good sign?

When you say "I can't miss one" you might want to ask yourself what "one" is and why it keeps coming out of your posts.

Nothing in my posts was specifically hating you, unless you feel the negativity your posts continuously spew are some extension of who you are as a person. Either you want replies or you don't.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Which is why he's our best prospect lol

Yeah? he is? certainly debatable, i'd put him top 3 for sure.

The year Suzuki was drafted he went 13th, we didnt pick until 25th, we took Ryan Poehling. One could argue they are both solid prospects after the fact. One has already played an NHL game and fared quite well..

So its the scoutings fault for the team only able to make a pick at 25, instead of 13? weird

Some would argue the best prospect could be Kotkaniemi, drafted 3rd overall among his peers by the same group of people. weird eh?

Its almost like where you draft matters a bit...

Reactions: jaffy27

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

The year Suzuki was drafted he went 13th, we didnt pick until 25th, we took Ryan Poehling. One could argue they are both solid prospects after the fact. One has already played an NHL game and fared quite well..

So its the scoutings fault for the team only able to make a pick at 25, instead of 13? weird

Some would argue the best prospect could be Kotkaniemi, drafted 3rd overall among his peers by the same group of people. weird eh?

Still to this day,very difficult to foresee how a player develops.

Reactions: Mandala and Redux91

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

He has the highest ceiling. Much higher than Poehling imo. Pretty sure I'd put Brook ahead of Poehling too.

Don't consider KK a prospect anymore. He's played a full year.

Our drafting/development has been undeniably been awful for a while now.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“I would say I’m more and more comfortable with the team, my teammates, the coaches and the system. Just to feel comfortable is important for me.”

“We're playing really well lately. We're working hard to recover pucks. Smart and like to go to the net. It's easy for me to find them in the right spots to score. I think our cycle game is one of the best I've played in. We just have to keep going.”

“The guys are all excited for the challenge. We’re treating every series like we’re playing for our lives. It’s going to be a battle and lots of fun.”

“I want to finish the regular season strong. I want to continue building on the momentum I've right now ahead of the playoffs.”

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
It's useless to make the effort you are trying to make. Even if you are right, you know the poster will just overlook your statement and keep bleating the same crap as before.

Rarely, if ever, do you see a post on this -- or any sports forum -- along the lines of, "Yeah. Good point. I hadn't seen it like that. Thanks."

It's basically a bunch of folks looking to be right above all else and using a Sports, subject that is, for the most part, entirely subjective so they can't be shot down empirically and without a doubt.

Sad that we have to wade through countless useless posts to read something interesting and refreshing from time to time.
There is that point you bring up but there's also the fact that from 2008 till 2015 Timmins' record is worse than atrocious. And 2016 is looking like it's slightly above average. So 8 years of miserable drafting does not earn Timmins any brownie points when it comes to his input in trading for drafted players. As a big defender of Timmins in the past I really have no excuse for that block of eight years.

Reactions: bsl and DangerDave

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Suzuki has been so dominant in these playoffs. I mean 29 points in 16 games. The closest to him in OHL playoff scoring is Owen Tippett with 22 points in 15 games. This has to be great for his confidence going into next year, especially if they end up winning.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Wonder if Vegas regrets adding him in lieu of another prospect in the Patches trade?

It’d be something if Suzuki had a better NHL career than Glass.

Reactions: cphabs

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Wonder if Vegas regrets adding him in lieu of another prospect in the Patches trade?

It’d be something if Suzuki had a better NHL career than Glass.

The patches, stone, Statsny line was pretty dominant for a few games there. I'm sure Vegas is happy with what he brings. Also, I love Suzuki but Glass is something else, he's still on pace to be a great centre, one of the few prospects that I'd project as a 1c.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
The patches, stone, Statsny line was pretty dominant for a few games there. I'm sure Vegas is happy with what he brings. Also, I love Suzuki but Glass is something else, he's still on pace to be a great centre, one of the few prospects that I'd project as a 1c.

I never said they regretted trading for Patch. I said yes wondered if they regret trading Suzuki to get him in lieu of another prospect.

As far as Glass being something else over and above better than Suzuki, we’ll have to see. Suzuki is excelling at the same level of competition as Glass and I haven’t seen Glass as being overtly superior and especially not during the playoffs where Suzuki is at historical levels now.

It’ll be interesting to see how they develop as NHLers once they both make the jump. That was the point I was making.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I never said they regretted trading for Patch. I said yes wondered if they regret trading Suzuki to get him in lieu of another prospect.

As far as Glass being something else over and above better than Suzuki, we’ll have to see. Suzuki is excelling at the same level of competition as Glass and I haven’t seen Glass as being overtly superior and especially not during the playoffs where Suzuki is at historical levels now.

It’ll be interesting to see how they develop as NHLers once they both make the jump. That was the point I was making.

Glass did look way better at the wjc

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
Leading the OHL playoffs in goals, assists and points with 11 goals, 18 assists and 29 points.

The next player down is 7 point away! Even with Patches playing in Godmode, still a great trade.

So...
(68th pick in 1992)Rivet traded for
-->Gorges and Patches traded for
--> 1/2 of Shaw (2016 2nd received for Gorges to Buffalo which was the wilds 2nd but I could be wrong))
Tatar, Suzuki and a 2019 2nd

Reactions: Megaforce

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

Glass injured his knee, he only played 1 playoff game while not being 100%.

To get patches they had to trade Suzuki, Glass, or Brannstrom. Knowing then what we know now, I feel they absolutely made the best choice. Glass is an absolute stud

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Glass injured his knee, he only played 1 playoff game while not being 100%.

To get patches they had to trade Suzuki, Glass, or Brannstrom. Knowing then what we know now, I feel they absolutely made the best choice. Glass is an absolute stud
We'll see. I'm not high on Branstrom and knee injuries are never good long term.

Reactions: jaffy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad