Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Hes our best prospect now that kotka graduated. Really look forward to his game. Hes definitely a future top 6er. Hes gonna crush at the juniors.

Any clown that wants to trade him knows less than Jon snow. We ain't winning a cup! We are not in any position to trade high picks and top prospects!

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Hes our best prospect now that kotka graduated. Really look forward to his game. Hes definitely a future top 6er. Hes gonna crush at the juniors.

Any clown that wants to trade him knows less than Jon snow. We ain't winning a cup! We are not in any position to trade high picks and top prospects!
I understand your point, but even if one does not WANT to trade someone, doesn't mean that a great return is never offered.

I'd take Shea Theodore for Suzuki

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I was really impressed with Suzuki yesterday. His vision is something else. He has a great combination of playmaking and snipers mentality. He'll be in our Top 6 at one point in the next year or two.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Every hypothesis that has Suzuki on the wing :thumbd:

We've waited over 30 years (no joke, check it out) to have the kind of center depth in our prospect pool that we have now, and you guys want to convert him to a winger before he gets here..

Christ the guy's playing center for Canada, isn't that a sign he can survive the role in big games?

Reactions: cphabs

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I was really impressed with Suzuki yesterday. His vision is something else. He has a great combination of playmaking and snipers mentality. He'll be in our Top 6 at one point in the next year or two.
Canada's best player last night and maybe the best player on the ice. We all know what he can do in the offensive zone when you give him a bit of space but I thought he was well positioned and made great plays in his own end. Skating is a non issue. Just needs to bulk up as he can get pushed around but that's an easy fix.

Reactions: jaffy27

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal

We've waited over 30 years (no joke, check it out) to have the kind of center depth in our prospect pool that we have now, and you guys want to convert him to a winger before he gets here..

Christ the guy's playing center for Canada, isn't that a sign he can survive the role in big games?

I think he played RW yesterday though.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Suzuki can play both positions...why can't we be happy with this? lol

Reactions: dralaf and jaffy27

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
So Suzuki back to the Golden Knights????

It’s not happening
Not syaing it will, just that even if I would not want to actively shop Suzuki, there is some potential return that could always be worth it. I used Theodore as an example of a young player with stud potential that I would consider for Suzuki. but definitely not some aging stop gap D.

Last edited:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Not syaing it will, just that even if I would not want to actively shop Suzuki, there is some potential return that could always be worth it. I used Theodore as an example of a young player with stud potential that I would consider for Suzuki. but definitely not some aging stop gap D.
Gotcha......I’d have a hard time getting rid of him, would rather package some of out current wingers and picks and prospects not named Suzuki and Brooks for a top LHD that’s under 23

Jul 6, 2016
It would be cool if they drafted his brother. He’s supposed to be a good prospect.

Why not.. But is there any good to great LD prospects between pick #10 and #22 ?

Bowen Byram maybe ?

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
Gotcha......I’d have a hard time getting rid of him, would rather package some of out current wingers and picks and prospects not named Suzuki and Brooks for a top LHD that’s under 23
I agreee with you but beside Drou and gallagher and maybe tatar, the rest of our winger dont have alot of value. We wont get any thing good under 23 at LD with Lekhs,armia,byron, shaw, and others.

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
Broberg but he's not popular on this board for some reason. Great skating, 6ft3in LHD with good puck-movement and puck-carrying abilities.
Me im totally sold on Broberg & if we had the chance to select between him or Byram I really hope they choose Broberg. We already have mete under 6ft in LHd wether its 2nd or 3rd pairing. I dont want to have another small d if I have the coiche to put my hand on a 6'3 LHD so mobile like him.

Reactions: dralaf

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Peohling, Suzuki, Olofsson, Ikonen, Ylonen, are all candidates to join the AHL as forwards next year.

Bergevin could also simply sign an excellent career AHL forward to help drive the play.

I don't see any of the Euro's coming over, or so I hope, they should have left DLR in the SHL at 19, so I hope they keep Olofsson there. Ikonen missing half the season they should leave him be and Ylonen I'd leave him there and see how he does next year and then think about bringing him over. You don't want too many rookies on Laval at one time as you want to make sure you have enough ice time to go around and still have room for vets to help the rookies.

Reactions: DAChampion

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I don't see any of the Euro's coming over, or so I hope, they should have left DLR in the SHL at 19, so I hope they keep Olofsson there. Ikonen missing half the season they should leave him be and Ylonen I'd leave him there and see how he does next year and then think about bringing him over. You don't want too many rookies on Laval at one time as you want to make sure you have enough ice time to go around and still have room for vets to help the rookies.

OK, so in that case, simply Suzuki and Poehling who will likely be playing on different lines anyway. They'll also have Josh Brook, who might provide good puck support.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
OK, so in that case, simply Suzuki and Poehling who will likely be playing on different lines anyway. They'll also have Josh Brook, who might provide good puck support.

They need to make sure Evans, Vejdemo, Fleury are supported as well as 2nd year players. Suzuki, Poehling (unless he wants to return for his Senior year) Teasdale, Brook will all be incoming. They will have decisions to make on Tyszka, Walford, Koberstein. I'd sign Tyszka for sure, Walford depends on how he finishes the year, playoffs and how we are looking for the 50 contract limit. I'd lean towards signing him as long as they have the room on the 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad