Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger Svoboda

Jul 28, 2004
Bad trade was the Drouin trade.....it’s the only one in my books that’s “BAD”

Although Drouin is picking it up of late, Sergachev would’ve looked sexy alongside Weber

Armia trade was good
Domi trade was great
Pacioretty trade was outstanding

His last 3 trades all struck gold.....mans on a role, let’em trade away if he wants
I like the Drouin trade. I don’t think Sergachev is that good. And i think Drouin still has lots of upside.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Domi and Drouin are fine this year with either Byron or Shaw.

Danault is fine with Tatar and Gallagher.

Kotkaniemi and Lehkonen could use a sniper on their line. Nick could be the guy.
Thought you said in the Danault thread that you did not see Danault on line 2 next year? Cause as you know I sure as hell don't.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Suzuki looks awesome, stoked to see him in our lineup next year, but it means we'll have to make a few trades before then with the logjam we have up front.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Suzuki looks awesome, stoked to see him in our lineup next year, but it means we'll have to make a few trades before then with the logjam we have up front.
There's only 2 logs on the back end so having forward depth that can fill a hole back there is a good problem to have - Suzuki would be untouchable for me unless there was an A prospect LH blueliner coming back

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

I wouldn’t even mind if he started on the 4th next year and worked his way up. That’s depth!

Thinking Peca, Dlo and Hudon become expendable to make room for Suzuki, Poehling and possibly Evans.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I wouldn’t even mind if he started on the 4th next year and worked his way up. That’s depth!

Thinking Peca, Dlo and Hudon become expendable to make room for Suzuki, Poehling and possibly Evans.

I'd rather he'd start in the AHL if he was going to be on the 4th line, he's waiver eligible and he can get used to being challenged against pros instead of domianting juniors with ease like this year.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I'd rather he'd start in the AHL if he was going to be on the 4th line, he's waiver eligible and he can get used to being challenged against pros instead of domianting juniors with ease like this year.

Who’s be waiver eligible? Not Suzuki.

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I'd rather he'd start in the AHL if he was going to be on the 4th line, he's waiver eligible and he can get used to being challenged against pros instead of dominating juniors with ease like this year.

I think you meant to say waiver exempt. Anyway, it all comes down to camp. If he is showing he can put the puck in the net, then he makes the team. Whatever his weaknesses in terms of speed or size, if he can put the puck in the net, it means he has overcome them. He has enough defensive awareness that I am not worried he will be a big minus even while scoring.

So it's that simple. We have room for a scoring RW to play on the second or third line right away. Earn it.

NHL

Sep 1, 2014
Very intrigued to see what will be a 22-23 y/o Suzuki on the ice... Got a good feeling about this!

Jul 6, 2016

Not many trades. Peca, Hudon or DeLo are easily expendable.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
David Suzuki is looking great for 82. Looks like he's set to beat Gordie Howe for oldest NHL player :sarcasm:

bZdxeVu.png

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I like it. I'll add a 3rd and 4th line and balance it out a bit.

Drouin / Domi / Gallagher
Tatar / Kotkaniemi / Suzuki
Lehkonen / Danault / Byron
Shaw / Evans / Armia

Hudon, Peca, Deslauriers
Drouin-Domi-Gally
Tatar-Kotka-Suzuki
Byron-Danault-Shaw
Armia-Poehling -Lehky

Byron and Armia are Left wingers. Shaw plays all 3 positions and Lehky can play both wings, but both are better on the RW anyways. Evans or Poehling?? I’m loving this lineup, it’s very strong.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Drouin-Domi-Gally
Tatar-Kotka-Suzuki
Byron-Danault-Shaw
Armia-Evans-Lehky

Byron and Armia are Left wingers. Shaw plays all 3 positions and Lehky can play both wings, but both are better on the RW anyways. I’m loving this lineup, it’s very strong.

Armia is a right hand shot who plays RW. Byron is a left handed shot who can play LW, C, RW.

Regardless, the options are there to shuffle things around.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Armia is a right hand shot who plays RW. Byron is a left handed shot who can play LW, C, RW.

Regardless, the options are there to shuffle things around.
Sorry I got confused there. Let’s swith the two Finns around. Yes Byron can play C and RW as well if needed.

Drouin-Domi-Gally
Tatar-Kotka-Suzuki
Byron-Danault-Shaw
Lehky-Poehling-Armia

This is a pretty sick lineup I won’t lie.

Reactions: c_robio

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Sorry I got confused there. Let’s swith the two Finns around. Yes Byron can play C and RW as well if needed.

Drouin-Domi-Gally
Tatar-Kotka-Suzuki
Byron-Danault-Shaw
Lehky-Poehling-Armia

This is a pretty sick lineup I won’t lie.
Thats a lot of depth and youth. I would like one more bonafide high end player in that forward group to call it elite though

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Depends what you’re getting......if it’s for a top 2 defensemen, I’m making available one of or a combination of.........

Drouin/Lehkonen/Tatar/Mete/Reilly
Drouin and Tatar is a no go for me. I would hold on to both of those guys. Trade Tatar in a few years when the time is right.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Drouin and Tatar is a no go for me. I would hold on to both of those guys. Trade Tatar in a few years when the time is right.
Like I said, if it’s for a top LHD, I’m making them available. I like Tatar, I don’t want em gone, but if there’s a young top 2 D at the end of the line, I’m in!!

Drouin, i just don’t know anymore. Some days, I’m good with his game, and some days I’m not. I’d want Sergachev back but that won’t happen.

I just want a Top 2 top 4 D on the left and the aforementioned players is who I’d make available.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Like I said, if it’s for a top LHD, I’m making them available. I like Tatar, I don’t want em gone, but if there’s a young top 2 D at the end of the line, I’m in!!

Drouin, i just don’t know anymore. Some days, I’m good with his game, and some days I’m not. I’d want Sergachev back but that won’t happen.

I just want a Top 2 top 4 D on the left and the aforementioned players is who I’d make available.
Sergachev is not what you think he is, he’s no superstar. Drouin has 19 points in his last 19 games, he’s on fire right now and could even be playing much better. You don’t trade a guy like that away.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Depends what you’re getting......if it’s for a top 2 defensemen, I’m making available one of or a combination of.........

Drouin/Lehkonen/Tatar/Mete/Reilly

You're thinking a LHD to pair with Weber? I wouldn't mind trading any of these guys all depending on the return.

However, Drouin is likely on a long leash considering what they gave up to get him. The others are easier to move however, you'd be losing 2-3 assets in order to get the one and I'm not sure how strong of a first pairing D you're going to get for them.

Always goes back to same question -- what is the goal this year and how much does MB want to stray off course and risk futures with such a rich draft coming up. It would be a bitter pill to swallow to see him deal young players to shore up his D -- I'd much rather he focuses on that during next summer and let the results fall where they may this year. No sense expending valuable resources now as you're very likely to overpay.

Plus, if we're patient, there are 1-2 breakout D candidates knocking at the door.

Reactions: jaffy27

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You're thinking a LHD to pair with Weber? I wouldn't mind trading any of these guys all depending on the return.

However, Drouin is likely on a long leash considering what they gave up to get him. The others are easier to move however, you'd be losing 2-3 assets in order to get the one and I'm not sure how strong of a first pairing D you're going to get for them.

Always goes back to same question -- what is the goal this year and how much does MB want to stray off course and risk futures with such a rich draft coming up. It would be a bitter pill to swallow to see him deal young players to shore up his D -- I'd much rather he focuses on that during next summer and let the results fall where they may this year. No sense expending valuable resources now as you're very likely to overpay.

Plus, if we're patient, there are 1-2 breakout D candidates knocking at the door.

The question here is how much longer can Price withstand being exposed with our weak D. I'm sure Weber and Juulsen help when they are back but I'm very concerned with patience running thin with Price. He's being exposed. Is he OK with a young roster learning on the job while his GAA is 3+? Not sure.

If the plan is to compete sooner rather than later (not my plan necessarily), we need to be careful with how Price is being exposed. It could lead to a disaster situation like Roy where he demands a trade and he has a monster contract with many other GM's circling like Vultures waiting for us to give him for cheap and with retention.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Sergachev is not what you think he is, he’s no superstar. Drouin has 19 points in his last 19 games, he’s on fire right now and could even be playing much better. You don’t trade a guy like that away.

Even if Sergachev ended up being a star it looks like right now he'd be a bit of a defensive liability on a team that really needs something other than that. Still wish we could have him on the team though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia