Waived: Nick Shore || Claimed by the Winnipeg Jets

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
How long do you think it will take before the inevitable "Was waiving Nick Shore another Dubas blunder?" thread pops up once Shore scores his first goal in the Peg? :laugh:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Winnipeg sure loves our failed fourth line center experiments.

First Lindholm. Now Shore.

Gonna pre-order my Frederik Gauthier Jets Jersey :sarcasm:

Those guys were hardly even centers for us. Gauthier was the 4C for much of their time.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
They shouldnt have to call him up. Just stash him in the hotel. If anyone asks he's healthy scratched on the Marlies and just taking a trip to Banff to go skiing.

Just a coincidence that he showed up 5 minutes later when someone got hurt.

There's literally no down side though. We're using LTIR so we don't accrue, we had the roster spot open and Marincin is a 1 way contract so he gets the say cheque for that day regardless if it's on the Marlies or the Leafs. Literally nothing changes.

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
Not sure he ever got a fair shot in Toronto, and I'd like to have seen him stick around with the Marlies, but with his history of strong underlying numbers, it's understandable he was claimed, and I'm not too worried that we don't have better options available.

Still, under Babcock, he was given some of the toughest usage in modern NHL history, taking pretty much all defensive zone starts against any given competition. Somehow his line, despite being massively outchanced and attempted, pretty much tread water in terms of actual goals...and he did his job of winning a lot of faceoffs.

With Keefe, he got one game, with like 5 minutes of ice-time and scored a goal. But Keefe knows, trusts, and likes his Marlies guys (Goat, Engvall, Timashov, Petan, etc), and it wasn't ever likely Shore would keep a spot over them.

Best of luck to him in Winnipeg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad