Player Discussion Nick Ritchie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Anybody else remember a brother duo where the younger brother is the better player?

I can see lots of similarities between Brett and Nick

But Nick is willing to go to the darkside to make plays

It will be interesting to see how Nick affects Brett play down at Providence

I know if that was me, I wouldnt let my younger brother beat me

Ryan O'Relly over Cal O'Relly for sure, haha.
Brayden Schenn over Luke Schenn
Chris Pronger over Sean Pronger

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
He had 9 hits that game, and started throwing his weight around during this one a lot. You gotta keep in mind, literally no one on that team will fight other than newly acquired Clifford.
I'm just having a little fun - He's a great pick up for what the roster was lacking in that regard.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Nick Ritchie brings the beef for Bruins

All Nick Ritchie had to do was step on the ice for Tuesday’s optional morning skate to let you know that the Bruins have themselves a different kind of player in the former Duck.

Standing 6-foot-2 and looking every bit the 230 pounds at which he is listed, the B’s have themselves the size that they’ve been trying to attain since falling just short of their Stanley Cup goal at the hands of a bigger St. Louis Blues team.

“He’s a big-bodied guy, should be able to contribute with the net-front presence. He has a good shot and maybe better hands than he’s given credit for. We’ll have to see where he best fits,” said Cassidy, who didn’t rule out bumping him up to the (David) Krejci line or down to the fourth line. “I had some discussions with some people in Anaheim — I don’t want to get specific — about what his best attributes and we’ll try to get that out of him. He’s a tough guy. He should take care of that part of the game. He’s got good offensive instincts. He showed that in junior. Whether he had the opportunity (in Anaheim), I don’t want to go down that road.. He’ll get an opportunity to play with Coyle … We want to put him with a centerman who can get him the puck where he can create space.”

He said on Tuesday morning that there hasn’t yet been a ton of conversation about what was expected of him. He was planning on just pulling on his new No. 21 and letting his game speak for itself. He was also getting a chance to play alongside one of the hottest Bruins in Coyle.

“I played against him when he was in Minnesota and obviously here,” said Ritchie. “He’s a good player, holds on to the puck, drives the net, makes a lot of little plays along the wall. I do a lot of those things as well and hopefully I can open up some room, too, and we can both drive to the net and play in the offensive zone.”

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
I don't get all the love for DeBrusk. Yeah he's got a ton of speed when skating in a straight line but he is too inconsistent with his scoring & the rest of his game is rather meh to me.

I like his dynamism. There's a chance that he goes end-to-end & top shelf to win an overtime playoff game. A lot of players just don't have that kind of unpredictability or mojo.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Coyle and Ritche should be a handful.

Anyway you construct the lines now, it gives me a tent. That's a real good thing and not something I've been able to say in a while.

Kase with any of the top 3Cs I'm good with. Ritchie with Coyle or Krech. I actually think I prefer JD with Coyle. Looking forward to seeing what lines they settle on.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
So he has 78 PIMS this year and none are from a 5 minute major for fighting? Jesus that's a little concerning.

I was shocked to see his last fight was 2 years ago. What's up with that?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
So he has 78 PIMS this year and none are from a 5 minute major for fighting? Jesus that's a little concerning.

Players being kind of forced out of their role, honestly. It's a league wide thing, plus, he's a guy who doesn't really have a lineup of people itching to go with him, haha.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Players being kind of forced out of their role, honestly. It's a league wide thing, plus, he's a guy who doesn't really have a lineup of people itching to go with him, haha.

I hate the direction the leagues going. I'm so sick of the lack of fighting and when a fight does break out the linesman jump in immediately. It makes my blood boil, especially when the fight results from anger/passion/incident.

I'm just shocked he hasn't found a partner in that long. Clifford in TOR could be a guy, Washington (take your pick), Witkowski still in TBL? It's definitely slim pickings for the most part.

Make Fighting Prominent in the NHL again.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I hate the direction the leagues going. I'm so sick of the lack of fighting and when a fight does break out the linesman jump in immediately. It makes my blood boil, especially when the fight results from anger/passion/incident.

I'm just shocked he hasn't found a partner in that long. Clifford in TOR could be a guy, Washington (take your pick), Witkowski still in TBL? It's definitely slim pickings for the most part.

Make Fighting Prominent in the NHL again.
It's funny, he's fought both Clifford and Witowski as well. I think Witowski sees the occasional game here and there. He got the better of Clifford, i believe.

It doesn't help that the refs won't let anything start anymore. Watching a few fights this year the refs are continually touching guys.

Just watch this... both guys are going and the refs are basically pawing at them the entire time. Like f*** off and let them go. These idiots are going to get someone hurt. Why they're grabbing at the arm is beyond me. "Hey, let me take away your arm while this dude pumps you in the chin a few times"

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
It's funny, he's fought both Clifford and Witowski as well. I think Witowski sees the occasional game here and there. He got the better of Clifford, i believe.

It doesn't help that the refs won't let anything start anymore. Watching a few fights this year the refs are continually touching guys.

Just watch this... both guys are going and the refs are basically pawing at them the entire time. Like f*ck off and let them go.

That's when I want #84 to get a swift accidental uppercut and fall. Hes asking for it. It's disgusting how they act. Like he jumps in and that's when guys get hurt because someone is tied up. Hell, we watched McQuaid get f***ed because one of these goofs jumped in too early.

If they're willing, let them f***ing go FFS.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
That's when I want #84 to get a swift accidental uppercut and fall. Hes asking for it. It's disgusting how they act. Like he jumps in and that's when guys get hurt because someone is tied up. Hell, we watched McQuaid get f*cked because one of these goofs jumped in too early.

If they're willing, let them f*cking go FFS.
This one was really frustrating. He legit got buckled by some shots to the chin. Just unreal.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
He's got a McAvoy body, haha.

Get him hanging out with Z for a bit and he will be 220-225 and cut.

He looks like McAvoy ate the Pillsbury Doughboy... Mac has those fat cheeks but i've seen him shirtless and he is definitely not overweight (may have been back as a rookie)... not sure if that's the case with Nick too, but he could definitely stand to slim it out a bit. Would only make him a better player. Get that Tom Wilson body going.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
People just want a little Big Bad Bruins hockey back, I don’t blame ‘em.

I too am nostalgic for the old days

But I care a lot more about if Ritchie can actually play, not if he can hit someone. David Backes could hit someone. He couldn't stick it out cause he couldn't play up to the team's standards

I can't believe how nutty this board is for big players. Its like we all forgot at the end of Lucic's era here we almost all wanted him gone. We all didn't want Backes cause he wasn't good enough. We didn't want Beleskey. I don't know how we as a fanbase can get burned by our lust for large men (???) over and over and not learn

Literally every other team/fanbase in the league thinks we're tough. I bet if you made a poll the Bruins would rank in the top 5

Reactions: Lo97

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
if he comes in, bangs some bodies, creates some space for his linemates, contributes a bit offensively I`ll be more than ok with him

Hasn`t had the luxury of playing on very good Duck teams but you can`t tell me if he were a top 10 Bruin pick fans here would be super impressed by his first 4-5 years in the league

Fans hammered the 4th rounder they just traded to get him......

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX

I agree with this. I would think in the Pacific with Lucic, Clifford now traded, Kassian, etc that he would have a couple spots to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad