Player Discussion Nick Ritchie

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It's silly. Especially because the main argument against Wood was that we didn't need size or toughness. Now Ritchie is ok and Wood is not because Ritchie is bigger and tougher.

Regardless, I'm happy we got someone with some size/power to get inside and play against bigger defensemen, and I'm looking forward to seeing Ritchie.

I will say, my one concern with Nick is his speed. This team plays up tempo, they love the quick outs and stretch plays to streaking wingers. Cassidy didn't like Cehlarik because he wasn't fast, he didn't like Heinen because he wasn't fast. Will Nick get a pass because he's physical? Can he improve his foot speed?

Ritchie will have the food speed to deal with and more importantly his lazy and ill timed penalties (A Wood specialty to be fair as well)… Should be interesting to say the least.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
If he's playing with Coyle and they're on the forecheck, Coyle will be able to hang onto the puck long enough that, if Ritchie's behind the play, he can catch up. I'm not too worried about that.

Heinen wasn't exactly a speed demon, himself, so this "OH he's behind the play he's fat" shit is just ridiculous. By the way Kuhlman is a speedster and has hands of stone. Life's a bitch like that.

Edit: Also, when did Hfboards start not editing swear words on here?? I like it

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

False Start

May 8, 2018
I'm excited to at least watch him play before I throw him to the wolves. I want at minimum at a guy who can chip in occasionally as much as Heinen did but provide less of a stable positional presence and more of a physical puck possession, shot driven presence.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Perhaps seeing a family member in a scrum would force Brett to actually use his size and strength instead of his usual pacifist way of play for a big man. My biggest issue with Brett was there just not enough snarl to his game like I see with Tom Wilson who brings that meanness you fear on the ice

The first problem with Brett seems to be motivation. The handful of games he was dialed in (Dallas, SJ) he was effective. He's fringe, but he could have some moments on a 4th line due to the fact that he is very tough.
I'm intrigued by the potential of the Ritchie brothers in games against Washington mostly. If they can get guys like Wilson or Hathaway out of the mix that would be helpful. Brett failed at that on his own in December but I think Nick is a more motivated individual. It could be contagious in the short term, but ultimately Nick is the real NHL talent, as DKH mentioned.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Predraft scouting report

Looks like Sweeney is hoping for another Coyle type talent turnaround with Nick

Ben Kerr from LastWordOnSports.com profiles Ritchie this way:
Nick Ritchie is a power forward prospect who finishes his checks, and plays a very straight line game, taking the puck right to the front of the net and not caring if he has to go through a defenceman to do it. He loves to stand in front of the net and has the quick, soft hands necessary to score on rebounds and deflections. Ritchie might have the best wrist shot in this draft class. It is tremendously powerful, and features a very good release. It can be in the back of the net before the goaltender even knows that he’s shot the puck. That wrist shot is already NHL ready. He is powerful in board battles, overpowering defencemen and winning pucks. While plenty of Draft Eligible prospects need to add muscle to their frames before going pro, Ritchie is already built like a truck.​

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
New second line LW, he and Kase played together in Anaheim and with Krecji should form a very solid line. Big, mean and tough, so desperately needed here for so long. Use him as a net front presence on PP2 and he will put up decent point totals,

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
New second line LW, he and Kase played together in Anaheim and with Krecji should form a very solid line. Big, mean and tough, so desperately needed here for so long. Use him as a net front presence on PP2 and he will put up decent point totals,

As much as many here ,including me , would like to see that, I don't see Cassidy doing that. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: PlayMakers

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Any idea if he and Kase played together enough this season (same line) /saw success in that and thus justifying keeping them on the same line in Boston?

My feeling is Cassidy splits them, at least for now-
JDB-Krejci-Kase
Ritchie-Coyle-Bjork/Kuhlman

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Any idea if he and Kase played together enough this season (same line) /saw success in that and thus justifying keeping them on the same line in Boston?

My feeling is Cassidy splits them, at least for now-
JDB-Krejci-Kase
Ritchie-Coyle-Bjork/Kuhlman
Ritchie/Henrique/Kase was the Ducks best line last season. This year Eakins broke them up, Ritchie lately was playing with Henrique and Terry. Kase and Ritchie know each other well. I like what they bring together. Kase hounds the puck on the forecheck, Ritchie is strong along the boards and in front of the net.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'm trying to think of the last player who wore 21 here. Teddy Donato surely can't be the last guy.

edit: Ference! Was he the last?

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Ritchie/Henrique/Kase was the Ducks best line last season. This year Eakins broke them up, Ritchie lately was playing with Henrique and Terry. Kase and Ritchie know each other well. I like what they bring together. Kase hounds the puck on the forecheck, Ritchie is strong along the boards and in front of the net.
Thank you for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad