Player Discussion Nick Ritchie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
not defending Ritchie as he has not played great but there sure are a lot of people writing him off as a bust after 7 games with the Bruins.
I think it's more about needing results immediately. Bruins don't have the luxury to try different things, especially considering he was held out for camp/games for whatever reason. Still signed for next year.

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
His biggest weakness imo is his positioning, especially in the defensive zone. Seems like he kinda floats around just guessing where he needs to be. Would like the see him bring a bit more intensity on a consistent basis, he'll have a great game then next game he seems checked out. I don't necessarily think he's been nearly as bad as some people make him out to be though. I think hes better with the puck than people give him credit for, doesn't seem to panic with it on his stick and has surprisingly decent hands to boot, and (when he's on) can be a menace on the forecheck, there have been a couple instances this series of Carolina Dmen making panic plays and throwing the puck away when Ritchie was baring down on them. So at the end of the day hes been as advertised. Big guy with a decent set of tools but lacks consistency.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I'm with you here, one guy can't do it alone but no guy is the chaos we saw in the SCF .

Like you,I do sorely miss the 2011 Bruins that would take no crap from any team and it 's shameful to see the Bruins getting trucked by Tampa, they're not even a big team . When I see rats like Johnson, Point and Paquette punking it up and nobody has a response it kills me.

Again, I don't understand it. Sweeney and Neely are not stupid.

So what's the problem, or the blind spot?

They have wasted the best years of advanced age players by failing, repeatedly, to address this issue.

When you're "outphysicaled" by Carolina, you're in trouble.

Reactions: JOKER 192
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad