Former Bruins Nick Ritchie III

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
He's a fat slob that doesn't take his conditioning seriously enough to be a decent professional. I blame the coach for saddling the other two with this clown on their line. He doesn't belong in the top 9 on any decent team, let alone a highly talented playoff contender with cup dreams.
Pretty funny and from the douchy insults at the top to Toronto’s “cup dreams” at the end

:laugh:.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Pretty funny and from the douchy insults at the top to Toronto’s “cup dreams” at the end

:laugh:.

Just going by his time in the league. Conditioning, or really a lack of it, has been a knock on the guy every stop he's made. Laugh all you want, it's true. He's out of shape and lumbers around like he's skating in sand.

Reactions: GordonHowe

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
After they signed him this past summer, I posted a thoughtful review of Ritchie's time in Boston in the Sportsnet comments section of an article regarding the deal. I was flamed by Leaf fans about the fact I was jealous about the signing (I was actually thrilled) and that I had no idea what I was commenting about.

They now know he's poorly conditioned, has no pulse or care factor, is slow as shit, and doesn't commit to forechecking or hitting otherwise it puts him 2-3 seconds behind his linemates on the backcheck.

Playing a few games with Marner / Matthews, you should have at least 1 assist if only by accident.

What I'm happy about is they will soon find out there is no other gear with him and that's pretty much what they're stuck with.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
After they signed him this past summer, I posted a thoughtful review of Ritchie's time in Boston in the Sportsnet comments section of an article regarding the deal. I was flamed by Leaf fans about the fact I was jealous about the signing (I was actually thrilled) and that I had no idea what I was commenting about.

They now know he's poorly conditioned, has no pulse or care factor, is slow as shit, and doesn't commit to forechecking or hitting otherwise it puts him 2-3 seconds behind his linemates on the backcheck.

Playing a few games with Marner / Matthews, you should have at least 1 assist if only by accident.

What I'm happy about is they will soon find out there is no other gear with him and that's pretty much what they're stuck with.
I don’t disagree, it’s also worth noting that Marner and Mathews have combined for just 1 assist between them.

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
Ritchie with 0G/2A in 18GP for the Leafs, so much for him being their version of Tom Wilson :popcorn:
Hey, go easy on Nick. He's only 1 playoff round win away from having his statue built in front of the Mutual Street Arena Maple Leaf Gardens ACC whatever they call the House that Ballard built nowadays.

Last edited:
Reactions: ON3M4N

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
F*** this clown

I just really don’t like him.
lol why are we all so sensitive now? that's hilarious
Ritchie, why?
I don’t even recall saying this but I think it’s safe to say that I was probably having a bad day and took it out on him.

I’m also pretty confused as to why I said I didn’t like him because I most certainly do, and even though I was glad the Bruins moved on from him I really did have a bit of a soft spot for him.

I apologize for my little outburst definitely will try to keep away from the internet if I ever find myself in a mood like that again.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I must admit that when the leafs grabbed Ritchie and Kase I hoped both would fail miserably there. For Kase I feel especially bad because the guy deserves a reset and a career, I just don’t want it to be in Toronto after his rotten luck with the bruins. So glad at least Ritchie is stinking it up

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I don’t even recall saying this but I think it’s safe to say that I was probably having a bad day and took it out on him.

I’m also pretty confused as to why I said I didn’t like him because I most certainly do, and even though I was glad the Bruins moved on from him I really did have a bit of a soft spot for him.

I apologize for my little outburst definitely will try to keep away from the internet if I ever find myself in a mood like that again.
lol it's all good man, half my posts here are me taking my bad mood out on people. it's definitely a bad habit.

Reactions: inactive user

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Not even close to surprised he's not playing well. His play dropped off huge after a strong start last year and the ice time just kept on coming for him. And they've been trying over there in Leaf land. The lack of opportunity is 100% not the reason Nick Ritchie doesn't succeed. Classic player of enticing tools, but no toolbox.

If was the Leaf's coach, wouldn't even play him in the playoffs, unless somehow he hits a switch, the pace just whizz's by him. He'll go for a coasting hit in the offensive zone, miss or barely hit them, that said player will recover quicker than he will, and he'll be miles from the play if it goes up ice. Brutal for a guy that get's the chances he does.

Very happy they didn't qualify him. Management deserves praise here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad