Former Bruins Nick Ritchie III

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Nah. He's waaaaaaaay below average. The point I've been making all along, and the one you continually ignore while pining away for Nick to come back, is that if Nick Ritchie is your best secondary scorer, you're team sucks at scoring and your GM f***ed up by not having any actual decent options. :laugh:
Yeah- don’t want him anywhere near our top 6. Still think it’s a good deal for Toronto though, both in fit and $. Will make for a good story line too when the B’s face em.

Reactions: LSCII

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
He had one fewer point than Hall

If you think Nick Ritchie is the same class as Taylor Hall then I don't know what to tell you.
200.gif

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Nah. He's waaaaaaaay below average. The point I've been making all along, and the one you continually ignore while pining away for Nick to come back, is that if Nick Ritchie is your best secondary scorer, you're team sucks at scoring and your GM f***ed up by not having any actual decent options. :laugh:

He was the 9th option after the deadline. That's exactly where a guy like that should be slotted in the lineup.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Actually, 10 even strength goals put a player in the 4th or 5th spot on most teams last season.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Actually, 10 even strength goals put a player in the 4th or 5th spot on most teams last season.

And the team was still a one line wonder that was easily beaten in the playoffs, so how does Ritchie coming back fix that since it sucked with him here? What role would you have like to have seen Ritchie return here in for the upcoming season?

Reactions: Kegs and GordonHowe

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
And the team was still a one line wonder that was easily beaten in the playoffs, so how does Ritchie coming back fix that since it sucked with him here? What role would you have like to have seen Ritchie return here in for the upcoming season?

I never wanted Ritchie to come.

Never said I wanted Ritchie back.

Just trying to point out the facts in this conversation.

Reactions: Over the volcano

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
None . I’m glad he’s gone . Ritchie has decent hands and hockey sense and might do okay in the regular season with the Leafs but when the intensity ramps up in the playoffs, Ritchie doesn’t have enough speed or quickness to make a difference. He will always be chasing the play .

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
One preseason game.

Ritchie is who he is at this point in his career. He will score 12-16 goals.
He is only 25 and he’s still got room to grow. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised he scores 20+ this season. He’s a talented player but it’s the effort and skating ability that holds him back at times imo.

Reactions: Over the volcano

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I don't care about Ritchie's goal output, the Bruins needed him to be something he isn't, a gritty, tough, physical player night in and night out. The nights he was "on" he was great, the rest of the time just a passenger. Foligno is a huge upgrade.

They still need a young top 9 forward who will hit, fight and produce 30 plus points a year.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
I don't care about Ritchie's goal output, the Bruins needed him to be something he isn't, a gritty, tough, physical player night in and night out. The nights he was "on" he was great, the rest of the time just a passenger. Foligno is a huge upgrade.
I agree I think Foligno is an upgrade and I honestly don’t really care how many goals Ritchie scores either. He’ll probably do well in Toronto but we definitely needed to move on from him. Foligno won’t score as much as Ritchie but he’s going to be a more impactful player than Ritchie was with us. Foligno is a warrior who is going to give it everything he’s got. He looks like he’ll be a really good option for us on the PK which Ritchie would never be able to do for us.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
He is only 25 and he’s still got room to grow. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised he scores 20+ this season. He’s a talented player but it’s the effort and skating ability that holds him back at times imo.

Yeah that skating...... I don't know if it an illusion but sometimes I seriously feel like I can skate better than at least a handful of NHL players, almost definitely when I was in my prime in my youth. Now the whole package I absolutely lack, no size and as soon as you put that puck on my stick the skating ability takes a nosedive but I can suit up and look decent just skating around out there lol.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Ritchie was to inconsistent and I’ll take any Foligno any day

The Rangers should have grabbed him for one year instead of Barclay Goodrow 6/22,

I’ll be stunned if he isn’t bought out by year 3

Goodrow is my lock for a suspension this season - he’s going to hear it from Rangers fans and will cross the line on a cheap shot that hurts someone

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
NR looked at his best playing with Smith and Coyle last season. But then once Smith was promoted, NR wasnt nearly as effective

In the playoffs his weakness (skating) was exposed

If Leafs can put him on a line where he just has to be "right place right time/opportunistic". Ritchie is ok. 15ish goals. Has decent passing skills also

Reactions: inactive user

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
One preseason game.

Ritchie is who he is at this point in his career. He will score 12-16 goals.

I think we can safely say the same thing about Trent Frederic at this point.

At least you know Ritchie can get you 15 goals. We still don't know what the heck it is that Trent Frederic delivers at the NHL level. Chirping the opponent I guess. That's all I got.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad