Player Discussion Nick Ritchie - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
not an easy decision, if the contract is reasonable, I have little issues with him remaining a Bruin, my concern is overpaying for a guy who, for some reason, my gut simply doesn`t trust a ton to put up pts consistently over a long term

He’s a guy that I don’t think you can go longer than 3 years with on an extension. An ideal deal if he keeps the production up is 2/9 imo

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
not an easy decision, if the contract is reasonable, I have little issues with him remaining a Bruin, my concern is overpaying for a guy who, for some reason, my gut simply doesn`t trust a ton to put up pts consistently over a long term

Understandable concern. He's playing at a 60pt pace this season, but for his career he's played around a 30pt pace. Maybe he's finally figuring it out after 5 years or maybe its a career year for him. Seasons like this are always red flags to me no matter who the player. I remember OTT a few years ago had some guy having career years, the following years after they came back down to earth. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
literally nobody is doing that- At least I’m not anyway lol

I think he’s been great, especially relative to expectations. I’d love to see him earn a future here but he’ll have to keep this going

I still think he needs a major amount of coaching, support and guidance from senior leadership, and a relatively short leash. This is a guy who falls asleep, at least to me. He needs a lot of help.

Reactions: CDJ

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Based on things as they stand, he could be Seattle bound. If the Bruins opt for 8+1, which I think they should do because of the d man situation (keep both Gryz and Lauzon) then I would imagine Nick would be very attractive to the Kraken.

Actually, I like this. For the B's, it's "See if he can maintain." For Ritchie, it's get it together or bye bye to Seattle.

I don't know the guy, obviously, but I'm not sure he'd be bothered by that.

Bruins have a season to find out.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I still think he needs a major amount of coaching, support and guidance from senior leadership, and a relatively short leash. This is a guy who falls asleep, at least to me. He needs a lot of help.

I do worry about his motivation over the long term, particularly if he cashes in on a big contract. That’s why for a guy like him I’d prefer to pay an extra half million or million a year to reduce the term. 3 years max for this guy, 2 years ideally imo

I do think being in the Bruins locker room has been great for him and hopefully he likes it here and is willing to continue to work hard and produce. Because if he does this over the course of a full season while also maybe getting in one or two fights he’s gonna be pretty beloved by the fan base.

Reactions: GordonHowe

aguineapig

Nick Ritchie doesn’t play in the dirty area he plays in the blue area
He reminds me of the latter day Chief. Moves like a chugging Diesel Train, but gets where he has to go and nothing can be put in his way that stops him. Has the good hands and makes the play with no sense of panic. And his work in front of the net on the power play has been Van Riemsdyk like at a quarter of the cost. Might as well just erect his statue in front of the net as no opposing D men have been willing to remove it.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
Wish we would have had this version of Ritchie last year, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. Hope he continues his strong play as a blue paint operator.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
So far we’ve got 4th liner, lazy, out of shape

Keep in mind he was awesome tonight. And is 2nd on the team in goals. And this is the activity in his thread. But please tell me how he isn’t a whipping boy.

I heard he went to the children’s hospital and told them all Santa wasn’t real on Christmas Eve

Oh, so he's a liar now, too?

Reactions: CDJ

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
All I know is I'm ecstatic he playing like he is as opposed to what we all expected based on last year. Let's hope he keeps it up and it's not just a hot streak.

Reactions: BMC

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think last night may have been one of Ritchie best skating nights. He seemed to have a bit more jump in his step, seemed to be skating smoother. More importantly though, he's starting to find way to chip in at 5v5 and that's what I really wanted to see out of him.

First 8 Games: 4G/3A - 85% PPP
Last 8 Games: 2G/4A - 50% PPP

Guys playing out of his mind right now though production wise. In an 82 game season he'd be on pace for 31G/36A

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
I was hopeful he'd be a contributor this year even after his poor showing in the bubble but even I'm blown away by the production. He's been exactly what they've been missing in a net front guy for years. Amazing hands and poise. Always has his head up looking for options. It looks like he's finally been put in a position to succeed and he's running with it.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
agreed friend, just been fooled too many times by players who have a solid year then get paid then go AWOL

I hope not

Neely should have a clause in Ritchie next contract

"If you come to camp 10 pounds heavier and go AWOL, you have to get into a boxing ring with me. It will be seabazz time"

Reactions: ODAAT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad