Player Discussion Nick Ritchie - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think he’s been great and has looked engaged all season, coaching staff clearly feels the same way judging by TOI numbers lately.

I honestly don’t get any of these criticisms of him at this point, he’s performed so far and above the expectations of those that shit on him and he still can’t escape it. He’s not perfect but he’s been a damn good hockey player. I guess he hasn’t ripped somebody’s head off yet?

:confused: Am I missing something here? I don't see any post on this page criticizing Ritchie.

My post pushed it to a new page, but I meant page 38

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
i mean suggesting that he has a glazed, far-away look to him and that he needs T injections is certainly a criticism to me

That's quite a low threshold for "criticism" lol. I mean the look on his face comment isn't wrong. I've been told by friends, family and co-workers that I have a similar look/stare and it rarely changes. David Krejci always as the same look on his face too like he doesn't care. Does that mean he doesn't care? no, he's just an even keel guy. Some people are like that, they kind of have a similar expression in most situations.

You seem to take offense when anyone makes a comment that isn't praising Ritchie. Was actually surprised you didn't throw the phrase "whipping boy" into your post

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That's quite a low threshold for "criticism" lol. I mean the look on his face comment isn't wrong. I've been told by friends, family and co-workers that I have a similar look/stare and it rarely changes. David Krejci always as the same look on his face too like he doesn't care. Does that mean he doesn't care? no, he's just an even keel guy. Some people are like that, they kind of have a similar expression in most situations.

You seem to take offense when anyone makes a comment that isn't praising Ritchie. Was actually surprised you didn't throw the phrase "whipping boy" into your post

you’re right saying somebody doesn’t look interested and that he needs testosterone injections isn’t a criticism at all

Weird that you feel the need to call me out on this. Sorry I called you out for saying he should be on the 4th line a couple weeks ago I guess? What are ya the criticism of criticism police? ;)

I have no problem with fair criticism, just don’t make it with no basis in reality. I mean the same guy said “he’s reverting to the mean” when the coaching staff had him leading forwards in ice time that night lol. They totally feel his play has dropped off huh

Anyway he’s not playing poorly enough to call fat or whatever so people have to grasp at straws I guess.

Last edited:

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
He’s playing ok. Hopefully he’ll benefit from line mix.

To be Lucic-like, he might need the T injection and way more intensity. He, and Carlo, would probably benefit greatly by bringing more snarl to their games.

Reactions: TCB

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
you’re right saying somebody doesn’t look interested and that he needs testosterone injections isn’t a criticism at all

Weird that you feel the need to call me out on this. Sorry I called you out for saying he should be on the 4th line a couple weeks ago I guess?

I have no problem with fair criticism, just don’t make it stupid. I mean the same guy is saying “he’s reverting to the mean” when the coaching staff had him leading forwards in ice time lol. They totally feel his play has dropped off huh

Called me out HAHA you talking about when I said

Oh he's played well, but when the team starts to get healthy I wouldn't keep him with Krejci. Right now I'd have him on the 4th line LW

This was 3 weeks ago when the 2nd line didn't look good nor did Ritchie at 5v5. He's improved drastically in the last 3 weeks in his 5v5 play and I've even said so in more recent post. I know you like the be Ritchie white knight but FFS it's OK if someone doesn't praise his every move. Even Patrice Bergeron gets criticized when he has an off game or two.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Called me out HAHA you talking about when I said

This was 3 weeks ago when the 2nd line didn't look good nor did Ritchie at 5v5. He's improved drastically in the last 3 weeks in his 5v5 play and I've even said so in more recent post. I know you like the be Ritchie white knight but FFS it's OK if someone doesn't praise his every move. Even Patrice Bergeron gets criticized when he has an off game or two.

Yes I’m sorry you said you’d play him on the 4th line when he had a higher ppg than he has now and that I thought it was ridiculous, it clearly impacted you so much if you think you have to police the Nick Ritchie thread for criticism against unfounded criticism. Not weird at all.

I criticize you criticizing me about criticizing him about criticizing nick Ritchie, try that one on for size. I’ll hang up and listen now.

Reactions: WallyPipp

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Yes I’m sorry you said you’d play him on the 4th line when he had a higher ppg than he has now and that I thought it was ridiculous, it clearly impacted you so much if you think you have to police the Nick Ritchie thread for criticism against unfounded criticism

... because his 5v5 wasn't good at the time and a lot of his production was coming via the PP (which I wanted to keep him on).

Kind of ironic you telling me that I think I need to police this thread....when your the one who comes in to complain about Ritchie getting "criticized" because of his facial expression.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
... because his 5v5 wasn't good at the time and a lot of his production was coming via the PP (which I wanted to keep him on).

Kind of ironic you telling me that I think I need to police this thread....when your the one who comes in to complain about Ritchie getting "criticized" because of his facial expression.

I’m discussing the player and unfounded criticism of the player (again he’s certainly been aggressive and assertive enough to lead the forwards in ice time in a recent game), you’re discussing me.

Anyways this is a stupid discussion. I’m sorry for defending him against dumb criticism, my apologies. Didn’t mean to get sand in your butthole.

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I’m discussing the player and unfounded criticism of the player (again he’s certainly been aggressive and assertive enough to lead the forwards in ice time in a recent game), you’re discussing me.

Your discussing the player by complaining that someone made a comment about his facial expression because you deem it criticism? Interesting take there.

Not sure what his recent play and TOI have to do with this discussing were having. Honestly, seems like you want to keep lobbing out comments to prove you were right because some how it makes you feel good about yourself. To each their own, but I stand by what I said 3 weeks ago and given the same situation I'd say it again. Since then Ritchie's total game has drastically gotten better and I've said it lol.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Your discussing the player by complaining that someone made a comment about his facial expression because you deem it criticism? Interesting take there.

Not sure what his recent play and TOI have to do with this discussing were having. Honestly, seems like you want to keep lobbing out comments to prove you were right because some how it makes you feel good about yourself. To each their own, but I stand by what I said 3 weeks ago and given the same situation I'd say it again. Since then Ritchie's total game has drastically gotten better and I've said it lol.

go read the first post you responded to, thanks for playin’. Id say that’s absolutely discussing the player. Tootles now sport

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
go read the first post you responded to, thanks for playin’. Id say that’s absolutely discussing the player. Tootles now sport

I will and as much as I'd love to continue this, the game is on now. I'd like to watch and I don't want to hold you up from protoling the GDT to ensure no one makes a bad comment about Ritchie. Please pass my best wishes for tonight's game to your majesty, will you White Knight.

:cheers:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Bruins are going to have some tough choices to make. It’s a problem that’s not bad to have I guess? I think if they leave Ritchie exposed he gets plucked just because there aren’t a lot of power forwards with the hands he has. But then we get to keep the young D. It’s a tough one

Reactions: JoeBeef15

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
i mean suggesting that he has a glazed, far-away look to him and that he needs T injections is certainly a criticism to me

With the value added that it's effing true. I'm surprised, and pleased, with Ritchie's play thus far. Let's give it a month or two before sending him to HHOF.

Reactions: TCB

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
He’s playing ok. Hopefully he’ll benefit from line mix.

To be Lucic-like, he might need the T injection and way more intensity. He, and Carlo, would probably benefit greatly by bringing more snarl to their games.

It won't happen in either case. I like Brandon and wish he would use his size more, but if he's not an intimidator, he's not an intimidator.

Ritchie has size and "soft hands." Early on, he's scoring. Good for him.

He can park his big backside in front of the net and pick up the garbage. That's all, at most, I expect of him. Milan Lucic? Never. Ever.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
With the value added that it's effing true. I'm surprised, and pleased, with Ritchie's play thus far. Let's give it a month or two before sending him to HHOF.

literally nobody is doing that- At least I’m not anyway lol

I think he’s been great, especially relative to expectations. I’d love to see him earn a future here but he’ll have to keep this going

Last edited:
Reactions: GordonHowe

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
It won't happen in either case. I like Brandon and wish he would use his size more, but if he's not an intimidator, he's not an intimidator.

Ritchie has size and "soft hands." Early on, he's scoring. Good for him.

He can park his big backside in front of the net and pick up the garbage. That's all, at most, I expect of him. Milan Lucic? Never. Ever.

Careful, you are not to speak ill of his majesty in these parts or the White Knight will be after you.

Reactions: GordonHowe

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I may have egg on my face come the end of the season, but add Ritchie to the protection list. I'm in on him.
I`m totally on the fence with him, I don`t want DS throwing big money on him for an extended period of time, I like him, just rather have that $$ to potentially land a bigger fish

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I`m totally on the fence with him, I don`t want DS throwing big money on him for an extended period of time, I like him, just rather have that $$ to potentially land a bigger fish

Based on things as they stand, he could be Seattle bound. If the Bruins opt for 8+1, which I think they should do because of the d man situation (keep both Gryz and Lauzon) then I would imagine Nick would be very attractive to the Kraken.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

The tough part is next year is his 7th season, so doing a 1yr prove it deal (which IMO is ideal, plus it could help cap wise to fit more guys in) would mean he'd be a UFA at 26yr old. On the flip side do you want to commit 3-4-5 years based on what (so far) looks like is going to be a strong season for Ritchie.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Based on things as they stand, he could be Seattle bound. If the Bruins opt for 8+1, which I think they should do because of the d man situation (keep both Gryz and Lauzon) then I would imagine Nick would be very attractive to the Kraken.
he`d likely be a guy the Kraken would play and also pay. Again, I like him, likely not as much as many here do and wouldn`t stretch the cap too much to keep him

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The tough part is next year is his 7th season, so doing a 1yr prove it deal (which IMO is ideal, plus it could help cap wise to fit more guys in) would mean he'd be a UFA at 26yr old. On the flip side do you want to commit 3-4-5 years based on what (so far) looks like is going to be a strong season for Ritchie.
not an easy decision, if the contract is reasonable, I have little issues with him remaining a Bruin, my concern is overpaying for a guy who, for some reason, my gut simply doesn`t trust a ton to put up pts consistently over a long term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad