Player Discussion: Nick Paul

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Pauls contract extension seemed like a great idea After the playoffs last year and even more so after his first half. Now he sucks and I’m worried he’s just 3mm of dead money for eternity

When’s the last time this cat finished a check?
We're not gonna be contenders in the later years of that deal anyway so the term doesn't bother me, but man did he have a brutal 2nd half to the season. 8 points in 40 games after putting up 24 in the first 40.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
After injury, Paul deserves a period of grace before we overreact. To tell ya the truth, the whole team has been, or is stretched thin because depth situation this yr.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
After injury, Paul deserves a period of grace before we overreact. To tell ya the truth, the whole team has been, or is stretched thin because depth situation this yr.
Paul is playing on the 3rd line paired with a solid NHL 3rd line caliber player in Colton. He gets no grave from me, except for the goodwill built up last year. If he sucks next season he’s toast

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
For y'all Bolts fans that aren't a fan of what Paul's done so far. Can we have him back and you can have Joseph back?

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Paul is playing on the 3rd line paired with a solid NHL 3rd line caliber player in Colton. He gets no grave from me, except for the goodwill built up last year. If he sucks next season he’s toast
Both Paul and Colton had 32 points in the regular season, but Paul was +11 while Colton was -8.

Paul fell off a cliff offensively the 2nd half, but I think Cooper is as much to blame for that as he broke up the Stamkos-Paul-Killorn line and never went back to it. Colton hasn't clicked on a scoring line yet for any length of time. I like both Colton and Paul as players, but Paul has shown a higher ceiling thus far.

Reactions: NatoGhost and Hoek

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Paul needs to finish his checks tonight. He’s a big dude that can skate, but he’s just not a physical factor lately, never mind the lack of production

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Pretty cheap contract so who cares. Still blame Cooper for destroying his chemistry to work Cirelli in

Cirelli has had a great playoffs so far, I think he would've performed the exact same way on the 3rd line though, it's not his like backchecking and tenacity would suffer. Really killed Pauls mojo when he started getting moved around and switching from W to C all the time though.

Last edited:
Reactions: NatoGhost and Hoek

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Nick Paul lacks great hockey IQ. He’s missing open players on the ice. Good player and can drive play in a straight line.

Not a great playmaker

Reactions: NatoGhost

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Both Paul and Colton had 32 points in the regular season, but Paul was +11 while Colton was -8.

Paul fell off a cliff offensively the 2nd half, but I think Cooper is as much to blame for that as he broke up the Stamkos-Paul-Killorn line and never went back to it. Colton hasn't clicked on a scoring line yet for any length of time. I like both Colton and Paul as players, but Paul has shown a higher ceiling thus far.
Yeah, the bottom 9 has been a blender for months. They were looking for that combo to "click" and he'd have his third line but I don't think it ever panned out that way, guys got hurt that also may have been a good fit (Balcers).

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
He brings a dimension to the PP that Killer did not have. Strength to hold down the front of the net and he's skilled enough to clean up rebounds. So now teams have to defend the stammer one timer the kuch sneak shot, the pass to point between the circles the hedman blast from the point and they have to battle a guy in front of the net. I feel like in past seasons teams did not have to defend the front of the net much at all beyond making sure Point was tied up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad