Player Discussion: Nick Paul

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
As a Sens fan, I suspect an offer from TB in the 3.2-3.5 range would be more than enough for him. I bet he would even go lower, potentially a good deal lower, if the deal is 5-8 yrs.

Reactions: BoltzManConstant

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
As a Sens fan, I suspect an offer from TB in the 3.2-3.5 range would be more than enough for him. I bet he would even go lower, potentially a good deal lower, if the deal is 5-8 yrs.
Can't see us giving up that kind of term. The money, sure. But he hasn't been here long enough to get term, IMO.

Reactions: Stammertime91

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Can't see us giving up that kind of term. The money, sure. But he hasn't been here long enough to get term, IMO.
Yeah, I wouldnt recommend it haha. But just saying I think Paul will take less money to stay with Tampa, just like I think he would have taken less money to stay with Ottawa.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Yeah. I would say 3 years at 3.5M would be ideal. He's a third liner, let's not get it twisted. He's great and we saw that, but giving him crazy term or dollars (can't happen cause how tight it is) is troublesome. Plus without checking He's already late 20s I believe. Not old but we don't want a 10 goal scorer at like 4M being 30 with 3 or 4 more years to go. Let's not be the Isles here.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Yeah. I would say 3 years at 3.5M would be ideal. He's a third liner, let's not get it twisted. He's great and we saw that, but giving him crazy term or dollars (can't happen cause how tight it is) is troublesome. Plus without checking He's already late 20s I believe. Not old but we don't want a 10 goal scorer at like 4M being 30 with 3 or 4 more years to go. Let's not be the Isles here.
then you can likely say goodbye to either Sergy, Cirelli, and/or Cernak the following season.....

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Yeah, after trading Killorn, they pay Palat 4.75-5, Paul in the 2.75-3 range and then see if Rutta will stay for 1.55-1.8. if Rutta walks, they can bring one of Perbix/Day/Raddysh up to start as the 7D, and maybe have enough for one additional F on an elc. Of course if they look into moving Foote as well then it will make keeping Rutta a little easier $ wise.

Reactions: BOLTFAN

StammerHammer

Dec 23, 2021
Does Nick replace Killorn on the PP? It would be interesting to see if that would work.

Last edited:

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
Boogie Nights seems more fitting than the suggestion of Austin Powers Goldmember

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
I thought there was no chance we'd get this guy signed after his great postseason and was thrilled when it happened. I sure am glad the folks on here aren't the GM. BDN not worth 3.5?? Crazy talk! His contract is gonna look better and better each year

Reactions: Peacefool

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Pauls contract extension seemed like a great idea After the playoffs last year and even more so after his first half. Now he sucks and I’m worried he’s just 3mm of dead money for eternity

When’s the last time this cat finished a check?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad