Waived: Nick Paul

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I hope he clears. He can help Belleville ; and although they may not make the playoffs , they will be fighting to get there in meaningful games. It would not hurt if they sent Lajoie back as well.. This org and PD'oh always seems to find a way to do things ass backwards

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He must have a really bad attitude or off ice issues.
Been hinted at in the past by management and coaches.

Nevertheless highlights another failure by this incompetent organization

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Pretty wild he won the Sens fastest skater, every time I watch him play his skating looked awful

I wouldn't say awful, maybe a bit choppy but he has a powerful stride. Like Colin Greening for example there are players who can skate fast around a rink but that's not really a game situation. Neither player have the explosiveness that players like Duchene and Dzingel have. Paul is a good enough skater but he isn't fast by any means.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well this won’t make or break the sens but the kid improved a lot over the summer and played a lot better than a few of our bottom sixers.

The way he played some nights if he was just 10 years older he’s probably Boucher’s pet. Strange how it works

Last edited:
Reactions: Icelevel

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
He wouldn't be getting the same ice time and linemates.

He can also do no wrong given how many stupid penalties he takes.
He is a liablitity when he’s taking penalties, that’s for sure. He also has a terrible cap hit. But calling him an AHL player/13th forward just isn’t true. If he was a UFA for sure he could get a contract and play in another team’s bottom 6 next year.

I wish Nick Paul was given more of a chance. I like what I’ve seen from him, but I don’t think he’s better then Smith.

billpo

Jun 28, 2006
Guy Boucher never gave him a chance.

But I guess this means that Dorion is still listening to Boucher. Which is ridiculous because Boucher should have been fired months ago
unless I have really underestimated what little knowledge I have of the game, I was actually noticing Paul when he was on the ice...this team continues to baffle me...this is Boucher's and Dorion's last stints(after this they will NEVER get another sniff) in the NHL...and they are still allowed to make decisions

Last edited:

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Not a big deal in terms of the player and their career trajectory, but surprising we'd risk losing a depth forward when we're about to deal away a bunch of players.
Part of a trade?

Teams like having a player who has already cleared, no?

BTW, always enjoy your posts. So much good info.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I hope he clears. He can help Belleville ; and although they may not make the playoffs , they will be fighting to get there in meaningful games. It would not hurt if they sent Lajoie back as well.. This org and PD'oh always seems to find a way to do things ass backwards

Hey Guy, how about you do your job and find his niche for him.

Reactions: DrEasy

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
In the long run, Paul just isn't ever going to be an impactful NHLer beyond a niche 4th line role. In that context, waiving him is rather relevant, especially considering thw fact that he probably doesn't really have any meaningful trade value.

I think the thing that irks Sens fans, other than the fact that it represents the last piece of the Spezza trade that proved to be fruitless, is that while Paul is by no means valuable, he is probably at the very least good enough to play as the 12th forward on this team, which is baffling when you consider how many times our coach has played 11F-7D this season.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Hard to get a read on the guy, when he would get 7-8 minutes of ice per game most of the time.

Guess that's pretty much it for Paul in Ottawa.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I like Paul; he's great on the forcheck, and cycles well. He's got better hands than he's given credit for, and decent defensively. His production though, hasn't been enough to keep him in the coaches good books.

Honestly, he's not much different than Paajarvi, or Greening from back in the day.

decent 12/13th forward, who I think with some confidence could move up to be a solid 3rd liner, but it's not the end of the world if we move on. He leaves you wanting more because he's got all the tools to be better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad