Waived: Nick Paul

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Ok. I'm not a hockey coach/scout, so can anyone explain to me why he doesn't play over Smith/Paajarvi/Boedker or the 7th D? I don't see it obviously.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This is good in my opinion. Hopefully claimed.

Why claimed? That makes no sense at all. He is better than Zack Smith thats for sure. This organization doesnt make any sense to me. Last night Boucher was directly responsible for the loss by dressing 11/7 and putting the forwards through the grinder as they had no chemistry. Id much rather see Boro or Harpur waived at this point.

Reactions: billpo

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Why claimed? That makes no sense at all. He is better than Zack Smith thats for sure. This organization doesnt make any sense to me. Last night Boucher was directly responsible for the loss by dressing 11/7 and putting the forwards through the grinder as they had no chemistry. Id much rather see Boro or Harpur waived at this point.

He's not better than Smith or he'd be on the team full time. It's been 6 years since he was drafted and he hasn't shown anything more than being an AHL guy/13th forward.

Time to move on.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He's not better than Smith or he'd be on the team full time. It's been 6 years since he was drafted and he hasn't shown anything more than being an AHL guy/13th forward.

Time to move on.

Ok well no Smith is here because of his contract anyway, but why picked up why dont you want him to help in belleville? Dont get it.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Ok well no Smith is here because of his contract anyway, but why picked up why dont you want him to help in belleville? Dont get it.

That'd be fine if they'd leave him there. But they keep bringing him up to the big club every year for a handful of games and I see nothing NHL worthy in him. He seems like the kind of guy you play for 5 minutes a game and that's just going to wear out your better players.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

Time to move on.
At this point Smith is equivalent to an AHL player/13th forward

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Probably to make roster spots for incoming trade...

I don't really understand keeping Pajaarvi over Paul but they're both gone next year no matter what IMO. Also the team has been on the right side of these for a while now, like when we waived Prince, Puempel, Da Costa... All those guys never cracked a NHL roster

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Guy Boucher never gave him a chance.

But I guess this means that Dorion is still listening to Boucher. Which is ridiculous because Boucher should have been fired months ago

Reactions: aragorn and billpo

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Meh, he was never going to be here when we're hopefully trending upwards in 2022/2023 anyways, so whatever.

Does seem a little strange when half our bottom six is also a waste of a roster spot and we're about to trade an entire forward line, but again not worth caring about.

I predict he clears waivers either way and can be called up again after the deadline.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Guy Boucher never gave him a chance.

But I guess this means that Dorion is still listening to Boucher. Which is ridiculous because Boucher should have been fired months ago

Idk i don't think you can just blame Boucher for everything wrong with this team or eith individual players. Paul's been up and down for a few years and this year it's been more up than down. He's scratched often and needs to play. Waivers is the only way he goes down.

Let's be clear. Paul has size, speed and strength. But he has 2 goals and 1 assist in his last 31 nhl games. It isn't working. He's just not producing.

Smith by comparison has 5 goals and 19 points in 43 games and is +3.

Reactions: Ed Wood

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Idk i don't think you can just blame Boucher for everything wrong with this team or eith individual players. Paul's been up and down for a few years and this year it's been more up than down. He's scratched often and needs to play. Waivers is the only way he goes down.

Let's be clear. Paul has size, speed and strength. But he has 2 goals and 1 assist in his last 31 nhl games. It isn't working. He's just not producing.

Would be worth comparing the minutes they got respectively rather than the games.

Reactions: aragorn and Deku

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

It is appropriate to blame Boucher for how he has handled paul. Multiple ottawa reporters and fans have been critical of Boucher for this exact thing. He had paul called up and scratched him, sent him back down called him up again and scratched him. He wouldn't ever scratch pyatt pr pajaarvi fr him even though he is a better player. He would get in the lineup and play fine just to get scratched the next few games. He would get 5 minutes a game even though his play suggested he deserved much more ice time.

Boucher has been publicly mocked by the TSN1200 crew for all these decisions. Steve warne, Steve lloyd and shawn Simpson often claimed how incompetent it was that paul was scratched.

Boucher has never liked paul. He is probably still bitter that his baby Tom pyatt was waived and traded in favor of keeping paul.

Boucher is certainly to blame for this decision. Boucher is a hack and should ho back to whatever league he came from. He isn't an NHL coach and only incompetent gm like dorion would still listen to him

Reactions: aragorn and billpo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad