Confirmed with Link: Nick Palmieri + Darroll Powe for Mike Rupp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kershaw

I mean it depends on who he is going to play with. On the Rangers, their bottom-6, at least so far just hasn't gelled. They have super speedsters with slower guys. Rupp can skate well for his role but not as well as he once did.

I was at a Rangers practice last year and I saw one of the trainers skate faster with ease than Rupp huffing and hustling. Was a sad sight to see. Was off his knee surgery though.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Two guys with no future on this team and limited potential for an experienced vet with playoff savvy, I think this addresses both teams needs in us and the Rangers. Plus you're essentially swapping fourth liners, this trade is not at all worth getting upset about, it's a minor adjustment both teams needed. That works for me.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Good luck with Rupp Wild Fans.

As a Rangers fan I appreciated him. He looked out for his boys, and and answered the Bell against pretty much all the Heavies in the East. He came to NY becauseTorts wanted a guy that could play a shift. No free rides for tough guys in Tortorella-land. Rupper by all accounts was also a great guy in the room. Good leadership guy if you club needs that.

Since coming to NY he underachieved. Rangers were thinking they were getting the same player that used to barrel down on the defenseman on the forecheck...Throwing big hits and getting involved. Since his arrival he gave them one really good game....the Winter classic! As a fan I was content with Rupp on the Rangers. What I didn't like and what seemed to be a glaring problem was the Rangers with Rupper, Asham and Halpern were well...old as dirt. How can you have a 4th line bring energy to your buildings with three guys planning their retirement? The move left the Rangers w/out a tough guy, or at least w/out a heavyweight. I think it was purely to get some fresh legs out there... Some younger legs.

10dynasty38*

I realize Palmieri had a few issues, but c'mon man. Rupp? Really! I think Fletch could of gotten a little more in this deal. A 33 year old human punching bag is basically what we got. I can certainly understand ridding the team of Powe but throwing in Palmieri like like he has no value is disturbing to say the least. Palmieri almost made the team out of camp and is a decent board man and net crasher not to mention has the talent to play on a 2nd or 3rd line unlike Rupp.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I realize Palmieri had a few issues, but c'mon man. Rupp? Really! I think Fletch could of gotten a little more in this deal. A 33 year old human punching bag is basically what we got. I can certainly understand ridding the team of Powe but throwing in Palmieri like like he has no value is disturbing to say the least. Palmieri almost made the team out of camp and is a decent board man and net crasher not to mention has the talent to play on a 2nd or 3rd line unlike Rupp.

I knew this one whould pizz you off!! :laugh:

Are you sure you're not confusing Nick Palmieri with Kyle Palmieri? And this trade wasn't made to upgrade their 2nd or 3rd line.

10dynasty38*

I knew this one whould pizz you off!! :laugh:

Are you sure you're not confusing Nick Palmieri with Kyle Palmieri? And this trade wasn't made to upgrade their 2nd or 3rd line.

I'm just having a hard time believing Rupp has any upside for a team that is already slow. I know Palmieri wasn't the fastest cat around but IMO has a little more of what the Wild need this year. We don't need a 33 year log hogging up 1.5 mil of cap space.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Apparently the Wild lack grit.

My inside the GM's office sources tell me that Minnesota will also be trading for Colton Orr, Arron Asham and Jared Boll before the day is over.

That will give the Wild two skilled lines, and two "Kick the crap out of everyone like in Slapshot" lines.

Then the new Wild plan will be to knock opponents top lines out of the game, and hope that our top 6 can score a goal, and we win our games 1-0.

seems legit, I'll take that anyday against these roadgames so far

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Another point some people seem to forget. Rupp will rejoin some of the former Pens staff here.

Maybe it's gonna be a motivation for him. Just sayin'

Anyone else find that to be kind of disheartening to read?? How much more "penguin" can we get without Crosby and Malkin on this team?

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
What a usless trade. Rupp is completely redundant not to mention hot garbage. He can't skate. Is he any different than Kassian? I'm not mad cus Powe and Palmieri weren't anything special, but at least Powe killed penalties and could skate. Rupp is another guy we get to switch in and out of the press box with Kassian. Pretty pointless besides the fact that it opens up a contract slot. I am hoping a bigger move is on the way. Hoping we are able to dump Heatley, but more likely a player with a few years on his contract will be on his way out.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Palmieri was not the future of this team. He, like Casey Wellman (sorry Gopher) was a real long shot type player. You can't hang on to those guys and pin your future to them. You have to let them go when they don't fit in your plans.

My only question is, who comes out to put in Rupp? Seto would be a good choice to scratch, but then you have four fourth liners?

THEALLKNOWING*

The NYR Winter Classic jerseys were sweet. Maybe Rupp is coming in with suggestions on hopefully a new Wild white jersey, since he wore that one jersey so well for that one game. If so, the trade would be worth it. I can't wait for the Wild's current whites to go.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
What a usless trade. Rupp is completely redundant not to mention hot garbage. He can't skate. Is he any different than Kassian? I'm not mad cus Powe and Palmieri weren't anything special, but at least Powe killed penalties and could skate. Rupp is another guy we get to switch in and out of the press box with Kassian. Pretty pointless besides the fact that it opens up a contract slot. I am hoping a bigger move is on the way. Hoping we are able to dump Heatley, but more likely a player with a few years on his contract will be on his way out.

Opening up a contract IS important....Remember that Eric Haula may be turning pro in a month or so.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami

So...are you suggesting that we just tank?

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
So...are you suggesting that we just tank?

Not at all. Heatley sucks and doesn't belong on a top line anymore. Its quite obvious if you have watched a game. He is okay on the PP because guess what, he doesn't have to move. I just think we would be better off without the All-Star. After what I saw last night from Coyle I would gladly dump Heatley. The guy cannot skate. I don't want to tank, I think it is time to give this team to the kids and see where it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad