Confirmed with Link: Nick Palmieri + Darroll Powe for Mike Rupp

Status
Not open for further replies.

kegstandbyme

Apr 12, 2010
Saint Paul, Minnesota
I think it's good and bad. We lose penalty killing ability but gain size and more toughness. It's probably a trade that makes sense even though, I'm not entirely sold on Rupp.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
I don't really follow the east at all. Who is this Rupp character?

Wild33

Mar 27, 2009
Pretty lateral move but makes us a little tougher to play against. We are just too small up front and need some more size. We also have enough PKers, Koivu, Parise, Cullen, Brodziak, Clutterbuck, Mitchell, Konopka.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Gives us a contract spot right? That could make the world of trades easier if GMCF feels we need to make more moves of the slightly bigger than trading Powe variety.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Feel bad for Torchetti, lol. He was just saying how this has been the hardest year for him as a coach due to the personnel turning over. The Fontaine-McIntyre-Palmieri has been the best since the first two weeks.

I really liked Palmieri's game in the AHL but I am sure he looked like that before (don't know, just going off stats). Also, his non-reporting to Houston appeared to open the door to a trade.

As for Powe, I always liked his hustle and willingness to drop the gloves.

Rupp is tougher than Powe but also slower.

It seems redundant to me to have Kassian, Konopka, AND Rupp....gotta be something else coming.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Feel bad for Torchetti, lol. He was just saying how this has been the hardest year for him as a coach due to the personnel turning over. The Fontaine-McIntyre-Palmieri has been the best since the first two weeks.

I really liked Palmieri's game in the AHL but I am sure he looked like that before (don't know, just going off stats). Also, his non-reporting to Houston appeared to open the door to a trade.

As for Powe, I always liked his hustle and willingness to drop the gloves.

Rupp is tougher than Powe but also slower.

It seems redundant to me to have Kassian, Konopka, AND Rupp....gotta be something else coming.

I wouldn't doubt if Kassian is being shopped.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
I just heard this on Kfan..

WHAT!?

Rupp is serviceable. But idk if i liked giving them Nick and i liked Powe and the way that fourth line played together...

Idk how i feel about this except giving us a contract spot. Rupp is a physical presence though but hes nothing more.

And yes, it does seem redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad