Player Discussion Nick Foligno

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

I got a feeling about this team, man.

moreso than even 2019. In 2019 I was happy to be along for the ride, but I had doubts along the way. Every series they won surprised me a little. I didn't really believe they were going all the way until the finals. Was obviously crushed when they lost game 7 but also never expected them to get that far at the time.

I weirdly expect more out of them this year then I did then. There's a vibe about this bottom 6 feels like something we've been waiting for since Sweeney took over. The team defense is suffocating. Goaltending still a question mark but I'm ready to put these guys to the test.

And this is all before they've even made their deadline moves. They make something on par with a couple of Hall/Coyle/Johansson moves and this team is scary good.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I got a feeling about this team, man.

moreso than even 2019. In 2019 I was happy to be along for the ride, but I had doubts along the way. Every series they won surprised me a little. I didn't really believe they were going all the way until the finals. Was obviously crushed when they lost game 7 but also never expected them to get that far at the time.

I weirdly expect more out of them this year then I did then. There's a vibe about this bottom 6 feels like something we've been waiting for since Sweeney took over. The team defense is suffocating. Goaltending still a question mark but I'm ready to put these guys to the test.

And this is all before they've even made their deadline moves. They make something on par with a couple of Hall/Coyle/Johansson moves and this team is scary good.
We agree but right now they are underdogs to me against Florida Tampa Carolina and they likely get one round one

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Foligno
2 goals, 9 helpers, -10, 49 games,

Blidh
has 2 goals, 7 helpers, -3, 29 games,

That 4th line had the most success with Blidh. He brings more speed and energy

Foligno is an elephant in the room.
I don’t disagree, but this team loves the roughed up vets

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
Foligno
2 goals, 9 helpers, -10, 49 games,

Blidh
has 2 goals, 7 helpers, -3, 29 games,

That 4th line had the most success with Blidh. He brings more speed and energy

Foligno is an elephant in the room.
Why is only Foligno mentioned and not nosek?
Nosek
3 goals, 12 helpers, -9, 60 games

I agree that Blidh deserves to draw back in, but I don’t understand how Nosek gets no grief from this board. The only 4th liner who should definitely dress every night is Lazar.

Reactions: BBruins

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I would add to that an expectation that he would be more than a mediocre to poor 4th liner.
Basically. He’s paid like and expected to be a 3rd liner. Aside from reviving Jake Debrusk for 10 days he hasn’t even been worthy of the roster spot.

Reactions: Dr Hook

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Nosek

I agree that Blidh deserves to draw back in, but I don’t understand how Nosek gets no grief from this board. The only 4th liner who should definitely dress every night is Lazar.

Nosek has been on the fourth line all season, while foligno spent half the season on the 3rd line and top power play unit yet still could put up points. Also that’s just purely production. Nosek is just a better all around player at this point.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Nosek

Nosek's role is that of a Nordstrom essentially. 15-20 points is acceptable as long as effort, defense, and physicality are present. Although he is nowhere close to the "gritty agitator" he was advertised to be, Nosek is consistent.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Nosek

IMO Nosek more than passes the eye test...Foligno doesn't.

Reactions: Dr Hook

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
Nosek's role is that of a Nordstrom essentially. 15-20 points is acceptable as long as effort, defense, and physicality are present. Although he is nowhere close to the "gritty agitator" he was advertised to be, Nosek is consistent.
Yes, I get it. As I said, I don’t necessarily dislike nosek, maybe I was expecting a little more. Don’t see how they can have both Foligno and nosek back next year. Beecher is already doing a good job on a stacked college team as a checking center, maybe they sign him and he can be the 4c next year. Size, speed, and smarts. Keep lazar and let blidh play. Blidh-Beecher-Lazar has potential.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Yes, I get it. As I said, I don’t necessarily dislike nosek, maybe I was expecting a little more. Don’t see how they can have both Foligno and nosek back next year. Beecher is already doing a good job on a stacked college team as a checking center, maybe they sign him and he can be the 4c next year. Size, speed, and smarts. Keep lazar and let blidh play. Blidh-Beecher-Lazar has potential.
I doubt Beecher can fill Nosek's shoes. At least not for a couple of years. I see Beecher as pretty much a Senyshen 2.0.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Nosek

Nosek's got decent metrics while starting in the d-zone nearly 70% of the time. They're better than I'd expect them to be for someone in his role. Aside from that he also leads all Bruins forwards in PK TOI as well as having the 2nd best FO% among Bruins centers. You're getting your monies worth with Nosek.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Obviously there are financial motivations to play Foligno but another five games with Blidh instead might be refreshing to the team. Added energy, improved speed on the 4th line, and Blidh can also PK when needed.

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
Nosek's got decent metrics while starting in the d-zone nearly 70% of the time. They're better than I'd expect them to be for someone in his role. Aside from that he also leads all Bruins forwards in PK TOI as well as having the 2nd best FO% among Bruins centers. You're getting your monies worth with Nosek.
All excellent points. As I said, I don’t dislike nosek, was just curious. I didn’t know he led the bruins in PK TOI either.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
All excellent points. As I said, I don’t dislike nosek, was just curious. I didn’t know he led the bruins in PK TOI either.

I didn't either. I know he played a good amount of PK time, but still figured Bergeron or even Coyle would have more PK TOI.

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
Nosek has had +10/-10 swings this season. Foligno has been steadily minus. Foligno's ceiling is at the same level as his floor, sub-basement. I hope to meet y'all in the Nosek thread for theories on his extreme streakiness and what allows him to elevate, and/or what anchors his effectiveness at Foligno levels when he's off.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Basically. He’s paid like and expected to be a 3rd liner. Aside from reviving Jake Debrusk for 10 days he hasn’t even been worthy of the roster spot.

I wouldn't even care about the salary as what's done is done if the guy was at least a high-end 4th liner, and brought at least what Noel did in his best times here, or Kuraly when he was good for us. He isn't even the second best player on his line .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad