Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
upload_2021-9-8_9-59-50.jpeg

Reactions: GordonHowe

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Old declining player, probably 3rd/4th line tweener at this stage in his career.

At least he is gritty, which is something the Bruins lacked, but no one to get excited about.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Not seeing this guy as the answer like some of you are. He's been pretty marginal the last few years and what he still brings to the table (his grit and physicality) is not worth what they're paying him. I hope this deal works out, but I have a lot of reservations about what he's going to look like at this point in his career.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
After giving it some decent thought, I'd much rather have Foligno at 2 years @ $3.8m than Dvorak at $4.45m at the cost of a 1st and 2nd rounder. Neither guy has broken 40 points in awhile and they're both coming from teams struggling to score. This is a great draft and any first rounder is a big asset.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
After giving it some decent thought, I'd much rather have Foligno at 2 years @ $3.8m than Dvorak at $4.45m at the cost of a 1st and 2nd rounder. Neither guy has broken 40 points in awhile and they're both coming from teams struggling to score. This is a great draft and any first rounder is a big asset.

What if I told you the Bruins would have only bungled the picks? Would that make a difference? :laugh:

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
What if I told you the Bruins would have only bungled the picks? Would that make a difference? :laugh:

That's drafting. They certainly didn't bundle Pasta and McAvoy. Your chances of getting a 1st line centre are long but it's such a tough role to fill and it's a good draft.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Not seeing this guy as the answer like some of you are. He's been pretty marginal the last few years and what he still brings to the table (his grit and physicality) is not worth what they're paying him. I hope this deal works out, but I have a lot of reservations about what he's going to look like at this point in his career.
Whether he's the answer or not depends on what the question (expectations) is.....

I think he brings leadership and grit to our bottom 6, and I wish we had him in the playoffs this past season against the Islanders (but not at the price Toronto paid, LOL).....

He'll come in handy against Tampa as well....

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Whether he's the answer or not depends on what the question (expectations) is.....

I think he brings leadership and grit to our bottom 6, and I wish we had him in the playoffs this past season against the Islanders (but not at the price Toronto paid, LOL).....

He'll come in handy against Tampa as well....

I'm not convinced that they even compete realistically against Tampa just by improving the bottom of the roster, TBH. They lost to Tampa last time because the Lightening completely shut down the perfection line and they had no secondary scoring. Adding Hall but losing Krejci puts them right back in the same category, bottom 6 potential improvements aside, IMO.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That's drafting. They certainly didn't bundle Pasta and McAvoy. Your chances of getting a 1st line centre are long but it's such a tough role to fill and it's a good draft.

Go through the complete list of their high picks during Sweeney's tenure, then come back and tell me whether your confident they'll make a selection that will end up being an actual contributor in this league. I know I have very little faith in their scouting/decision making process.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Go through the complete list of their high picks during Sweeney's tenure, then come back and tell me whether your confident they'll make a selection that will end up being an actual contributor in this league. I know I have very little faith in their scouting/decision making process.

If they were second round picks, maybe . . .

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I'm not convinced that they even compete realistically against Tampa just by improving the bottom of the roster, TBH. They lost to Tampa last time because the Lightening completely shut down the perfection line and they had no secondary scoring. Adding Hall but losing Krejci puts them right back in the same category, bottom 6 potential improvements aside, IMO.
Not so sure I agree. Columbus gave Tampa fits, both times they played them in the playoffs, and they did it with physicality and depth on the bottom half.

Not saying he's the magic bullet, but a lot of people are too busy losing their shit about Krejci retiring and they are underestimating the improvements we've made in the bottom half of our forward group. I think Foligno will be an important piece for us come playoff time.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

He's been director of hockey operations since 2007 and assistant GM since 2009.

• Seguin
  • Hamilton
  • Gryz
  • Pasta
  • Donato
  • Heinen
  • Bjork
  • Carlo
  • Lauzon
  • McAvoy
  • Lindgren
  • Frederic
  • Studnicka
I also like lots of the picks in the past few years.

It's too bad you have little faith but since Sweeney arrived you can count the teams that have had more success than the Bruins on one hand.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Old declining player, probably 3rd/4th line tweener at this stage in his career.

At least he is gritty, which is something the Bruins lacked, but no one to get excited about.
Hopefully he can give us some Zach Parise numbers when he was 33 YO?
20 goals and 45 points would be nice!!

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

The fourth line got absolutely torched against Tampa. Joakin Nordstrom was -6!

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
The wild card with Dvorak is how much will he score playing on the Habs now?
The Yotes have struggled scoring since CD arrived on the team.
His stats with the Yotes may translate to 25 goals and 60 points with the Habs or a team like the B's.
Those are nice 2 line center numbers.
At a 4 year x 4.45M AAV, its a nice contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad