Nick Bjugstad vs Brock Nelson vs Anders Lee

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
NHL players for sure. Still inconsistent. Both will go on scoring steaks and then be nowhere to be found. Nelson has an excellent shot and I believe he can be a legit 25-30 goal scorer. Lee is a tank. He's been on a great goal scoring streak. He's best when he goes to the net. His hands in the close to the goalie are reall good.

I think the main problem with Lee is he is great infront of the net but in order to use his skill at full value, you need to get him the puck while he is infront of the net. He won't create his own offense as much as the other 2 but if you can get him the puck he can be extremely useful.

I don't think it's a coincidence his goal scoring has gone up in the past month once we put him back on the first unit PP and have him playing with Tavares(even if it's not Tavares making alot of the passes to Lee, Tavares on the ice opens up room for people to get the puck to Lee)

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Everyone's favorite comparison thread gets a bump:

LEE: 16-17 45 Games played, 17 goals, 7 assists, 24pts.
CAREER: 225 games played, 67 goals, 50 assists, 117 points.

NELSON: 16-17 45 games played, 9 goals, 14 assists, 23 points
CAREER: 280 games played, 69 goals (heh), 62 assists, 131 ptss

BJUGSTAD: 16-17 21 games played, 1 goal, 1 assist, 2 points
CAREER: 247 games played, 57 goals, 61 assists, 118 points.

All these years later and they're still so comparable. Also I did not know of Bjugstad's numbers until I made this bump. Whats up with him this year? 21 games, 2 points?

Who ends up with the most points? Who ends up with the best career?

Last edited:

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Bjugstad's career has been derailed by injuries, which is frustrating because he's one of the better guys out there.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I think Nelson should end up the best with the most points but he's a 6'3 ~205lb guy that doesn't play big. He's gotta stop with the softness

Riseonfire

Nov 8, 2009
I think Nelson should end up the best with the most points but he's a 6'3 ~205lb guy that doesn't play big. He's gotta stop with the softness

Nelson certainly plays the softest of the three. His schtick is twisting wristers, not demolishing guys. So while his play can certainly look frustrating at times, he does score which will keep him in the league.

If Lee stays with JT I think he might end up with the best totals though.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Nelson certainly plays the softest of the three. His schtick is twisting wristers, not demolishing guys. So while his play can certainly look frustrating at times, he does score which will keep him in the league.

If Lee stays with JT I think he might end up with the best totals though.

I agree with this. That shot is wicked, so hopefully he continues posting 25-30 goals like he did last year with 26.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Both Nelson and Lee are fairly one dimensional, but Lee knows his role so much better and he consistently battles around the net.

Can't comment on Bjugstad other than he's been injured a lot this year.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Amazing how close these 3 are in all categories. I hope Juice gets healthy. He was excellent in the playoff series against the isles.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
i think its between Bjugstad and lee.. nelson is hard to watch these days. Only acceptable attribute is his wrister and he might be the softest player in the NHL

Edit: Did not realize bjugstad had 1 goal this year... its definitely lee

Last edited:

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Have you watched Bjugstad this year?

I see that hes having a rough year but i'll admit i do not watch too many florida games. I've just never seen someone nelsons size get bullied like he does. Even remember last season there was a game where daniel sedin was bullying him lol.

Side note: funny that were no aruging whose worse :laugh:

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Is Bjugstad's issues completely injury-based or is there some element of lack of progression as well? Obviously, the two would be related but at what point do we need to temper expectations - knowing much of it is do to plain bad luck in the injury department?

Is there any chance Florida goes 4/4 in the expansion draft and protects a 4th defender like Pysyk or Petrovic over Bjugstad? Barkov/Trochek/Huberdeau/Smith with Ekblad/Yandle/Demers/Pysyk? That would also leave Marchessault exposed as well (and Jokinen but he's trending down so I don't think that's a big deal). Either way you cut it - one of Pysyk, Bjugstad or March would be quite appealing to Vegas.

Riseonfire

Nov 8, 2009
I see that hes having a rough year but i'll admit i do not watch too many florida games. I've just never seen someone nelsons size get bullied like he does. Even remember last season there was a game where daniel sedin was bullying him lol.

Side note: funny that were no aruging whose worse :laugh:

This thread has always been a rather good healthy conversation. :cheers:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Bjugstad is someone who may never be the same due to his injuries.

Back, migraines(concussion) wrist, etc...

This year when he came back from his wrist injury, he looked like a shell of his former self for the first 12-15 games. By the time he starts looking "normal", he gets injured again.
He also for some reason tried to be a passer, which led to frustrating 2 v 1 where he would forgo a shot and pass and it would get broken up or the shooter was Jussi Jokinen(for example).

I had hoped the playoff run would reignite his confidence, but he just can't stay healthy.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl

Nelson should be playing wing not center. let the guy just tee up that nasty wrister. He is a goal scorer not a playmaking big center the Isles so desperately are trying to mold

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Bjugstad is someone who may never be the same due to his injuries.

Back, migraines(concussion) wrist, etc...

This year when he came back from his wrist injury, he looked like a shell of his former self for the first 12-15 games. By the time he starts looking "normal", he gets injured again.
He also for some reason tried to be a passer, which led to frustrating 2 v 1 where he would forgo a shot and pass and it would get broken up or the shooter was Jussi Jokinen(for example).

I had hoped the playoff run would reignite his confidence, but he just can't stay healthy.

I think it's injuries, maybe confidence. The guy has used to have a killer shot.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Bjugstad issues are 90 percent health related.. he was a beast his last healthy year on a pretty bad team... hard to get confidence or anything going when u can't play more than 20 games in a row... always playing catchup... very frustrating for fans so multiply it 20 and u can imagine his frustration

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Lee 343 gp, 124 g, 83 a

Nelson 398 gp, 99 g, 89 a

Bjugstad 362 gp, 82 g, 97 a

And the beat goes on. Would caution anyone about to crow about Lee's present dominance. If this thread has taught us anything, it's that we need to be humble when asserting our opinions.

Reactions: Riseonfire and SI90

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Lee 343 gp, 124 g, 83 a

Nelson 398 gp, 99 g, 89 a

Bjugstad 362 gp, 82 g, 97 a

And the beat goes on. Would caution anyone about to crow about Lee's present dominance. If this thread has taught us anything, it's that we need to be humble when asserting our opinions.

Ironically Bjugstad was touted as the "goalscorer" with an incredible shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad