Post-Game Talk: Nice way to start the weekend!

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
Zetterberg is still strong on the puck. But man, he is slow. Is he the slowest player in the league nowadays? He really could be.

If this league didn't feature a 39 year old Zdeno Chara, we could certainly debate it.

I still love the guy though. (And I'm almost exactly the same age, so it's not very much fun to see him looking old and broken down.)

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Hope guys take good shower tonight. Dont want whatever germs from Preds onto this team.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
That idiotic penalty by Neal brought back shades of Martin Lapointe.

At least Lapointe would have decked Marchenko to make it count.

I LOLed at this. Neal is an idiot. He is my top 3 most hated players, he's one dirty nasty coward. Neal, Shaw, Letang get my 3 votes. It's a solid top 3. Shea Weber might be #4, or Patrick Kane. Take your pick.

I know you're joking, but I really hope they keep this up. So sick of watching them get pushed around year after year and still end up in the penalty box a whole lot.

I absolutely love this team with this mentality. I used to yell at my TV watching them sissy off in scrums, or watch our guy get obliterated or hurt and no one say a word. Hockey is a game of passion too. It doesn't hurt to get a bit angry and stick up for yourself. Gets them into the game.

Larkin came out flying after his fight. Subban ducking away from Abby was hilarious.

If this league didn't feature a 39 year old Zdeno Chara, we could certainly debate it.

I still love the guy though. (And I'm almost exactly the same age, so it's not very much fun to see him looking old and broken down.)

Idk, Chara has big big strides so he might seem really slow but he might be moving more than you think. I'd love to see those 2 race:laugh:

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Team is scoring.

Tatar and Nyquist found the net, they've been involved in a few others.

Nice recovery from a poor start.

Oh and Sproul was an asset to the team. Clearly everyone contributed today, so it remains to be seen how he looks tomorrow, but he can skate and shoot better than Ouellet.

Ouellet frightens me when he has to turn and chase.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
Idk, Chara has big big strides so he might seem really slow but he might be moving more than you think. I'd love to see those 2 race:laugh:

I would have agreed a couple years ago but Chara's speed has really dropped off since even then (y'know, kinda like Z). He's still fairly effective because of his crazy wingspan but he'll never be a dominant force again.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Great game. Blash needs to find Nyquist more ice time. But still really happy with the effort. Given we have good crease crashing players keeping Sproul with his ability to get shots through should pay off a lot. Hope he builds on this game, really strong first showing also was willing to take the body which I liked a lot.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde act continues! Gobble up points while you can and keep building confidence for your young players in bigger roles.

Nyquist getting it going scoring would go a long way.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Damn, really bummed I had to miss this one. I guess it was a doozy. Stupid family :).

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I also think we are a lot better at home because Blashill can hide our D a little better. When we get to dictate the matchups it seems to matter a lot. At least through two games, so perhaps that goes away with better teams like the three we played on the road. Think Nashville is better than their start but have been poor 5 on 5 this season.

But it will be interesting to track. Some of our guys have pretty glaring weaknesses, when Blashill can control their matchup and some of their deployment better at home we seem to see less of a struggle.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde act continues! Gobble up points while you can and keep building confidence for your young players in bigger roles.

Nyquist getting it going scoring would go a long way.

He has it going with points in four of five games with a total of five.

If you just mean scoring goals he took a positive step there tonight too.

I think he needs to find more ice-time for Nyquist-Helm-Vanek when possible though. Nyquist at 12 minutes and change isn't enough in a game where he had two points and the kind of start he has had offensively. Blash needs to find a way to get him over the boards more than that in my opinion. Really one of my only complaints for tonight. Thought DK and Smith were poor in terms of players.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He has it going with points in four of five games with a total of five.

If you just mean scoring goals he took a positive step there tonight too.

I think he needs to find more ice-time for Nyquist-Helm-Vanek when possible though. Nyquist at 12 minutes and change isn't enough in a game where he had two points and the kind of start he has had offensively. Blash needs to find a way to get him over the boards more than that in my opinion. Really one of my only complaints for tonight. Thought DK and Smith were poor in terms of players.

Also had 6 shots tonight, only having 2 through the first 4 games. He was great tonight.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Also had 6 shots tonight, only having 2 through the first 4 games. He was great tonight.

Whole team was great outside a few boneheaded plays by a couple players. A few forwards tried to get too fancy with passing instead of shooting from prime areas. A few defensemen made some very poorly thought out passes in our d-zone. A couple *really* dumb penalties.

But besides that the team played great and it shows on the score and stats sheet.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I know I'm going to get yelled at by some of you for saying this, but damned if I don't, lol.

Helm is playing like he wants it. Dare I say he looks like a 2nd line center atm. His line just works. Been a while since we've seen a certain line click.

Larkin is due for an offensive explosion too.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
zxKFygq.gif

RBmTi9A.gif

egO6ZPZ.gif

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
I know I'm going to get yelled at by some of you for saying this, but damned if I don't, lol.

Helm is playing like he wants it. Dare I say he looks like a 2nd line center atm. His line just works. Been a while since we've seen a certain line click.

Larkin is due for an offensive explosion too.

Helm has been terrific this season. :)

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I'm a big XO fan, but Sproul needs to keep playing. He's exactly what we need on defense, speed and shot that's actually a threat.

Yeah he got a nice assist tonight. Marchenko doesn't look really good along with Smith this year. I hope XO replaces either.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Bipolar Red Wings continue. 2 games in, we looked like a mess. Against Ottawa, we were dominant and looked great. Howard saved the team against NYR and got a huge win there, and tonight we looked like one of the best teams in the NHL. I still have no idea what kind of team this is, but all I know is that tonight was an enjoyable game to watch and was very exciting.

I know Y.Weber is not a fighter, but props to Larky for handing him his lunch. Also good on Larky for not pummeling him when he was in a vulnerable position (Chris Neil should take notes)

Sproul looks like he belongs, we should find a way to make room for him. Darren Helm is playing the best hockey of his career and is making many fans eat their hats. I for one can honestly say I was glad they resigned him. Maybe half a mil too much, but he is a heart and soul type of player. Not the most skilled guy in the world, but the effort is always there. I'm happy he's here.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad