Niagara IceDogs 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
crazy that no team has tried to copy owen sounds play style against London, you would think teams that are more skilled then OS was would have challenged London a little better... crazy to think London toughest test was to a young Attack team with no offence lol

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
crazy that no team has tried to copy owen sounds play style against London, you would think teams that are more skilled then OS was would have challenged London a little better... crazy to think London toughest test was to a young Attack team with no offence lol

Although it is good the Attack beat the Knights two times at the beginning of the playoffs, it is no longer the same team at near the end of the series, losing to the Attack is what woke them up for the series. No way without taking anything from them would the Attack beat the Knights today. But it sure does look very promising for next year and many other years after.

Very reminiscent of Owen Sound's struggles with a young up and coming Knights team with nothing to lose in 2011

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
This is a bit outside the minutiae of the current series - so perhaps I'm better to circle back with this question on the off season... but... what did you think about Ben Jones this past season?

The reason I asked is a I really liked him when he was with the Marlies. I was was hoping to see more from him this past season. My viewing of the Ice Dogs this season wasn't attuned enough to Jones to know why that was (is it he was underwhelming? the team was too 'senior' for him to get more time? the coach wasn't giving him time he ought to have received?).

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

In order to do that a coach would have to abandon the game plan that got them where they are to begin with and then scramble to put a new plan together.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Ned stands on his head. Dogs win 4-3 Perlini wins it in OT. Good luck and whatever happens you had an exceptional year.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
This is a bit outside the minutiae of the current series - so perhaps I'm better to circle back with this question on the off season... but... what did you think about Ben Jones this past season?

The reason I asked is a I really liked him when he was with the Marlies. I was was hoping to see more from him this past season. My viewing of the Ice Dogs this season wasn't attuned enough to Jones to know why that was (is it he was underwhelming? the team was too 'senior' for him to get more time? the coach wasn't giving him time he ought to have received?).

When Williamson is in a "go for it" year, rookies rarely get any real ice. First round picks Jones and Hayden Davis didn't get as much ice because of the depth/age of the Dogs. Many would argue that Jones should be playing instead of Tyler Boston right now. Next year Jones will be looked upon heavily with the Dogs graduating so many players.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
5 - 2 Knights. I have tickets for game 5 but I'm not making dinner reservations for anywhere before the game.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
These last two games the refs have been absolutely brutal against the Knights, I can replay the games and view the calls in slow motion, all the knee on knee and diving call etc. . Extending a series because of a TV Network deal for more revenues and league exposure is not cool or professional, let's hope this is not the reason and we will see a honest end of this series. Oh ya ! I almost forgot, the Ice Dogs should concentrate less on diving and more on playing hockey.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
These last two games the refs have been absolutely brutal against the Knights, I can replay the games and view the calls in slow motion, all the knee on knee and diving call etc. . Extending a series because of a TV Network deal for more revenues and league exposure is not cool or professional, let's hope this is not the reason and we will see a honest end of this series. Oh ya ! I almost forgot, the Ice Dogs should concentrate less on diving and more on playing hockey.

Cmon, no need to post this here.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus

And yet it remains a mystery why fans of all other OHL teams have such a bad taste in their mouth.....

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
And yet it remains a mystery why fans of all other OHL teams have such a bad taste in their mouth.....

If you read carefully, all I am suggesting is that we see a honest series of games of hockey till the end. The rest has no meaning if none of it isn't true.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

Give it a rest already. There is no fix. Leagues do not attempt to extend playoffs just like teams do not lose on purpose so they can get an extra home game.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
If you read carefully, all I am suggesting is that we see a honest series of games of hockey till the end. The rest has no meaning if none of it isn't true.

You need to work on your delivery then, as I read it pretty carefully. You're sullying everyone's perception of London fans by posting things like this on other boards - kinda like gloating does.:shakehead

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario

Your kidding of course. No one would post something like this unless they were trying to be funny right? Just asking.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010

None of your posts have any meaning. Which is the beauty of it.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Big Congrats to the Icedogs on a great playoff run, best of luck to all your graduating players.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Congrats to the Dogs still can't believe you bounced Kingston & Barrie so easily, quite the accomplishment. Good Luck next year camp opens pretty soon. The benifet of going deep in the playoffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad