Niagara IceDogs 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Couldn't agree with you more totally unbiased, they surprised me more then a couple of times. Awesome duo, were very sharp when it came to their knowledge of the game. First Class....

I've grown to enjoy the Dogs broadcast duo. I like the dry humour and sarcasm they inject into the show.

I've been flipping back and forth and quite frankly Mike Stubbs has turned me off ( or did I turn him off ?).

He needs to take blood pressure meds, before he has a stroke. I get it that every time the Knights shoot they may score, but every play sounds like they just won the All World Hockey Championship of the Universe.

Tone it down a little Stubbsy, and and you'll win me back over. Otherwise I'm sticking with the Dogs crew for game four, for their more balanced even broadcast.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I've grown to enjoy the Dogs broadcast duo. I like the dry humour and sarcasm they inject into the show.

I've been flipping back and forth and quite frankly Mike Stubbs has turned me off ( or did I turn him off ?).

He needs to take blood pressure meds, before he has a stroke. I get it that every time the Knights shoot they may score, but every play sounds like they just won the All World Hockey Championship of the Universe.

Tone it down a little Stubbsy, and and you'll win me back over. Otherwise I'm sticking with the Dogs crew for game four, for their more balanced even broadcast.

Yes, the Niagara announcers do a good job. I noticed that the announcer with the mullet has, what looks to be, a championship ring on his right hand. Does anyone know what ring he's wearing?

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Well l thought that would have been a win last night fof the dogs they played hard however the knights are just that much better They seem to want it more and to me the major difference has been goaltendiing. Parsons has played better than Ned. It would be nice to win one game at home. Then London can win at home.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
There was a high stick on a ice dog player in the 3rd period that also went uncalled. Refs were letting almost everything go at that point. None of this is worth complaining about. If they had called the game tight, calls would have gone both ways. Hats off to the Dogs fans that are not complaining about the refs and they lost the game.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Well l thought that would have been a win last night fof the dogs they played hard however the knights are just that much better They seem to want it more and to me the major difference has been goaltendiing. Parsons has played better than Ned. It would be nice to win one game at home. Then London can win at home.

Parson did not play well last night . Ned made several key stops in the second and third to even get us to overtime,

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Parson did not play well last night . Ned made several key stops in the second and third to even get us to overtime,

I don't think you can argue that Ned played great he gave up 5 even strength goals and a shortty. Parsons can play better than last night but he played well enough to win. This series it seems is over.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I don't think you can argue that Ned played great he gave up 5 even strength goals and a shortty. Parsons can play better than last night but he played well enough to win. This series it seems is over.

Yes I can he made several stops it could have been over in regulation made 16 saves in the third alone most of them in close plus good stops in period two 33 saves on the night. We will see tom the fourth game is the toughest one to win in most cases.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Yes I can he made several stops it could have been over in regulation made 16 saves in the third alone most of them in close plus good stops in period two 33 saves on the night. We will see tom the fourth game is the toughest one to win in most cases.
That is good for a .846 Sv % that doesn't win a lot of playoff games!

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Hats off? What could they possibly be upset about?
There was missed/ignored calls both ways. Usually when a team loses a game their fans are more upset about bad calls/non calls. In this case the winning team seems to be more upset. The refs let them play and both teams committed infractions that were not called. Seems the winning team only saw the missed calls against their team. Not really trying to start something here but take off the green and gold glasses once in awhile.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
To win against London we needed Ned t o stand on his head and steal a game or 2 which he still might be capable of. I am talking about the first 3 games and Parsons has been more reliable. Now that could change in game 4. Its not over until the fat lady sings.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
There was missed/ignored calls both ways. Usually when a team loses a game their fans are more upset about bad calls/non calls. In this case the winning team seems to be more upset. The refs let them play and both teams committed infractions that were not called. Seems the winning team only saw the missed calls against their team. Not really trying to start something here but take off the green and gold glasses once in awhile.

I don't wear green n gold glasses. Where did I complain?
My point was Niagara fans really didn't have a reason to complain. PPs were very one sided. Part of it earned. London played thru it. Maybe you were referring to other posters?
I can't remember ever using the officiating as an excuse when London has lost a game.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

One does not expect the Knights to duplicate last night's performance, but I ask you, do you expect another 4 - 2 first period Niagara lead and one-sided six first period penalty calls against London ? I don't believe London will be caught off guard again and spot a 3 goal lead to the Ice Dogs, if the score is close the Knights have the fire power to finish it in four.

DrummondIsGod

Mar 16, 2011
Yes, the Niagara announcers do a good job. I noticed that the announcer with the mullet has, what looks to be, a championship ring on his right hand. Does anyone know what ring he's wearing?

I believe it is a Stanley Cup ring from when he scouted for the Detroit Red Wings.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
One does not expect the Knights to duplicate last night's performance, but I ask you, do you expect another 4 - 2 first period Niagara lead and one-sided six first period penalty calls against London ? I don't believe London will be caught off guard again and spot a 3 goal lead to the Ice Dogs, if the score is close the Knights have the fire power to finish it in four.

Every game is different prob different officials too I think it will be close, I wonder if the Knights prefer to wrap it up at home or sooner the better. The Dogs will play hard no team likes to eliminated on home ice . If you base it on average the Knights should win tom 5 to 3 or you can base it on the two games here and go 5 to 4 for the Dogs.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I don't wear green n gold glasses. Where did I complain?
My point was Niagara fans really didn't have a reason to complain. PPs were very one sided. Part of it earned. London played thru it. Maybe you were referring to other posters?
I can't remember ever using the officiating as an excuse when London has lost a game.
You did not complain - other posters in general but you said the dogs fans had nothing to complain about - there were missed calls that the Dogs fans could have complained about but have chosen not to. That is all I'm saying. They lost and took that on the chin, could have been a "whine fest" but that has not been the case. I make the comment because they are better posters than myself - if the spits lost I would be the first to lead the "whine fest" charge.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
You did not complain - other posters in general but you said the dogs fans had nothing to complain about - there were missed calls that the Dogs fans could have complained about but have chosen not to. That is all I'm saying. They lost and took that on the chin, could have been a "whine fest" but that has not been the case. I make the comment because they are better posters than myself - if the spits lost I would be the first to lead the "whine fest" charge.

I heard good things from a couple people that went to the game about the fans in general.
If the refs are bad you just gotta play thru it. It's inconsistent almost every game. But I've always held the thought players n coaches make more mistakes than the refs :)

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I heard good things from a couple people that went to the game about the fans in general.
If the refs are bad you just gotta play thru it. It's inconsistent almost every game. But I've always held the thought players n coaches make more mistakes than the refs :)

That's my thought too. Control what you can and limit your own mistakes.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario

Two of the best broadcasters in the league in my opinion.

If the refs are bad I expect people to say something about it. Just like if a team under performs..people will say something about it. The officiating team under performed Monday night...and I'm gonna call them on it. It's not whining or complaining...it's questioning someone's inability to do the job they are employed to do. If I fail to do my job..I expect someone to question why.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
If the refs are bad I expect people to say something about it. Just like if a team under performs..people will say something about it. The officiating team under performed Monday night...and I'm gonna call them on it. It's not whining or complaining...it's questioning someone's inability to do the job they are employed to do. If I fail to do my job..I expect someone to question why.

I am questioning is it coming from the very top ?

This game was too obvious, I can understand refs having three to five bad moments in a game, but this was through out the whole game, and most of these complaints are coming from the winning side fan base which is a rarity.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
. If I fail to do my job..I expect someone to question why.

Oh my goodness where would I start.......;)

During the broadcast and I forget the actual quote the Niagara Announcers said something like, "unless a London Player is the victim of capital murder I wouldn't expect to get a call tonite"? This is one of the reasons I said these guys were totally unbiased....... Never having refereed a game I can't honestly judge but i will say it's a tough sport to referee and especially when it's played at a pace like last night was.

In the first did "Chuk" honestly not see the ref or do you think he said "hey I'm gonna butt end this guy check it out"! I mean the Ref was standing right beside him......doh! Hope the Dogs player is ok it looked like a pretty good "poke".

Sting Fire

Aug 31, 2008
Hockeyland

A close friend of Burkholder, Nick Vitucci, hired him on as a scout for the East Coast Hockey League’s (ECHL) Greenville Grrrowl (once an affiliate of the Boston Bruins), giving him his first opportunity in professional scouting.

Within two years of accepting his first scouting position with the Grrrowl, the team won a Kelly Cup Championship, so Burkholder received a Kelly Cup ring, which he still wears proudly today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad